• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Such a mixed bag, this one. Bags of talent but so mercurial and not necessarily in a good way. Just barely does enough to remind you that he's good. He's not quite doing enough IMO. I'm prepared to give him time but I'd like to see him have more of a sustained impact on matches. I don't think he has good chemistry with Bellerin so that's not something that can be helped as much but Ceballos and Xhaka did much better about getting the ball to him in relatively decent areas but he was really sloppy at crucial times today.
The amount of times Bellerin opted for an easy pass inside instead of setting Pepe off on a run was driving me crazy. I agree, they don't compliment each other well at all.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Was absolutely dreadful today. Not only did he kill multiple "attacks" but he also contributed to moments of defensively fragility by getting dispossessed and allowing Sp**s to counter.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think today you just blame Pepe and only
Pepe, and I’m one of his biggest fans. We know he’s not going to get the best service from Bellerin but his runs were poor today.

I don’t think he’s outright **** like some are saying though, definitely someone you keep in the team as we do this rebuild imo.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Did anyone see the point where he was fed the ball in the box, took touches to move it to his right and deliver a sh*t cross. He either needed to whip it on his right or take a shot on his left with one touch. I can't understand taking two touches at that level to do what he did.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
The amount of times Bellerin opted for an easy pass inside instead of setting Pepe off on a run was driving me crazy. I agree, they don't compliment each other well at all.
Because hes nearly always a yard inside the last defender and cant beat them for pace anyway. Every other time he set him on a run or gave him the ball he did sweet fk all.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think today you just blame Pepe and only
Pepe, and I’m one of his biggest fans. We know he’s not going to get the best service from Bellerin but his runs were poor today.

I don’t think he’s outright **** like some are saying though, definitely someone you keep in the team as we do this rebuild imo.
If Bellerin sets him off 2, 3 times, maybe he makes the impact that we expect from him and we're happy. But then the few chances he does have he generally doesn't do much with, so it's hard to get excited.

Goes without saying, I'd probably undo the signing if we had the option to.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I wish he had the arrogance and confidence to demand the ball and run with it. He's so passive though, I think mentally he's happy to let others take charge and he just goes with the flow. That's not really a trait of a top attacker.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If Bellerin sets him off 2, 3 times, maybe he makes the impact that we expect from him and we're happy. But then the few chances he does have he generally doesn't do much with, so it's hard to get excited.
I feel like Wingers need multiple opportunities with the ball to make an impact, even the best ones. You don’t hear of wide players who get one or two chances and do something, that’s for strikers.

Im more disappointed at his general play not the low percentage stuff. Risky dribbles and passes is what you want from your wingers tbh.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Basically echoing what @MutableEarth said. He tends to drift through games, offering moments here and there. Needs to do more over the entirety of the game.

I thought Bellerin actually did okay today tbh. No excuses to be made. He was poor today.
Bellerin was the better performer no doubt, but he still has a pretty poor relationship with Pepe on-field so far. AMN has shown much better chemistry with Pepe so far. That said, I've been relatively happy with Bellerin in the last few games, he's been OK.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Arteta hasn't really managed him well tbf either. Has barely played since the restart but thrown straight away into a derby.

blaze_of_glory

He's capable of scoring out of nowhere, so you can't write him off even in games where he's bad (like t0day). But as others have said, he needs to be doing so much more. If Saka keeps improving then who knows what to do with this guy.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He still can carry the ball dribble 2 with ease and create space for himself even if he struggled a bit in his first season but he last of our problems and he'll be better next season.

Top Quality

He shows flashes of brilliance pretty much every game, but it's way too rare that anything ever comes of it. Fingers crossed he will figure stuff out in his second season, getting used to the league, etc - but a bit worried at the moment. Still, those moments of quality - I refuse to give up hope!

(Despite my currents feelings, haha.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom