• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
This is the important thing about bringing in Grealish, he doesn't get in any of the top teams midfields except ours really, Villa dont want to sell him right now but they will surely be stuck for money with lack of matchday income, being relegated and he surely wont want to play in the championship next year. We also look to be improving massively in what we have and surely he must think if we fk it up that he can stillg et one more big contract or move. We get him and Partey and we've got the press resilient midfield we want that can also break forward centrally. He still wouldn't come cheap though and the question is how much do we actually have to spend...

The only exception to one of the top teams other than us not wanting Grealish is Liverpool, they have a very hardworking midfield but none of them are great at passing etc. and they've been trying to get one for years, it says a lot that Henderson and Wjinaldum are still their most important midfielders. They also love a fkin bargain and hes homegrown to boot.

Liverpool is linked with Thiago, I think they'll go for him instead. If Arsenal really wants a quality player who knows how to play in PL then that's your chance.

He's no Bruno, Pogba, KDB & Silva but the guy is still good player who can massively improve Arsenal current squad.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Isn't Grealish known for being something of a party boy and also for disciplinary issues?

He had a picture taken drunk on holiday when he was 17-18. Not heard of anything since then but could be wrong

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Luiz signed a year extension.
Mustafi is liked by Arteta at the minute.
Mari signed.
Saliba is coming in.

For me you have four CB's who are staying until at least next summer. Then you have Sokratis who's contract is up next summer. Will anyone buy him? I doubt it, think he'll leave on a free. Chambers and Holding could be sold. With all things considered we have three CB's whose contracts are up next summer. IMO we wont sign one this window.

We'll concentrate on the midfield and replacing anyone who leaves. Partey is the main target at the moment, either a swap or £42M release clause which has to be paid in full.

Özil's time is up but like Orny said he'll probably leave on a free next summer. We need a playmaker, there is no doubt. Havertz for me is THE option. Would take a lot as Chelsea seem to be getting him, but I think its needed.

After that you have Grealish, Aouar, Thiago and Buendia who are good options.

So for me we must focus on that midfield and get it right.

ChefMan21

Attacking football is in Arsenal's DNA. Great talking point, but what a bullshit answer and example of group think to pull the wool over people's eyes. You know what's in the DNA of football? Attacking football AND defensive football.

Can we please kick this whole idea that we need to buy more attacking players to win to the curb? Sick of 'attacking football' being used as an excuse and raison d'etre for all our failings to build a squad that, you know, meets the requirements of a complete football side and club.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
There's an Özil shaped hole in this team that needs filling with someone

And I don't mean Özil.

Yep...

Ecvj_a7XoAI0sQ2

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our team seriously lack creativity we desperately need one and we need to keep ESR next season just because he can add tok much in final 3rd signing a creative midfielder is as important as signing Partey.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With smart player sales and trusting in the academy could no EL still be a blessing even without the revenue it provides?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
With smart player sales and trusting in the academy could no EL still be a blessing even without the revenue it provides?

I believe so.

Firstly it enables us to sell players we may have needed when competing in Europe.

Mustafi/Sokratis/and maybe Holding or Chambers could all be sold. Doesnt matter if you only get 5m for Mustafi, a couple million for Sokratis and 10m for Holding. Its something but most importantly it's about 200k a week of the wage bill.

Secondly it gives Arteta a full week to work on tactics and coach the players he believes are capable of taking the club further.

Thirdly it reduces the probability of injuries.

People talk about the revenue of EL football but we can probably recoup that money by offloading players and reducing the squad size.

Martinez, Leno
Bellerin, Soares
Tierney
Mari, Luiz, Saliba, Chambers
Xhaka, Willock, maybe Ceballos, AMN
Nelson, Pepe, Saka, Martinelli
Nketiah, Laca.

That's a rough guide on the main bulk of next seasons squad.

Sell Guendouzi, Torreria, Sokratis, Holding, Mustafi, Auba will be sold also. That will likely generate enough funds to buy 2 top players. Or as top as we can attract. With the other money we have we can buy another one.

So we move out a lot of rubbish and bring in 3 players who will improve the starting 11.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our team seriously lack creativity we desperately need one and we need to keep ESR next season just because he can add tok much in final 3rd signing a creative midfielder is as important as signing Partey.

Our current midfielders literally create nothing. Between all of them they have created 5 big chances the entire ****ing season. What is that nonsense? Partey will beat the press, but we need a technical player in there who plays between the lines.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
No, because even if you didn’t care about the competition one bit, you could trot out said academy team in the EL for 1) good, ‘free’ experience and 2) money.

No upside to no Europe.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Our current midfielders literally create nothing. Between all of them they have created 5 big chances the entire ****ing season. What is that nonsense? Partey will beat the press, but we need a technical player in there who plays between the lines.
Yes it's so poor and worrying Partey because we need to be more solid but creative midfielder is must i hope Arteta don't ignore it

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Smith Rowe isn’t ready to start for us, and I say that as a fan. He’s looking good at a shocking Championship side but his fitness and work rate still looks miles off.

Not sure what we do, I look at Willock and Nelson and feel like season long loans would have been a lot better than their 19/20 season here, we aren’t doing things right.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Squad not good enough for EL qualification, not EL football to attract better players. Uh oh.

Theres 1000s of players out there good enough to improve this team. What we have to do is shop smart. Theres players in the championship who would improve this team.

You only have to look at Leciester who have signed well over the last couple of seasons and they didnt have anything to offer.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Smith Rowe isn’t ready to start for us, and I say that as a fan. He’s looking good at a shocking Championship side but his fitness and work rate still looks miles off.

Not sure what we do, I look at Willock and Nelson and feel like season long loans would have been a lot better than their 19/20 season here, we aren’t doing things right.
He can be very good squad option because he add creativity but yeah another loan needed

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Theres 1000s of players out there good enough to improve this team. What we have to do is shop smart. Theres players in the championship who would improve this team.

You only have to look at Leciester who have signed well over the last couple of seasons and they didnt have anything to offer.

It's like instead of signing who we actually should we sign who we think a team like Arsenal should be signing.

We need a bit more humility. Can we actually afford Partey? Could the money be better spent somewhere else Could we afford Pepe? Likewise, could we have improved the squad more with that money?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom