• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I don't hold the price tag against him as it’s not his fault. But man this has been frustrating, he shows flashes here & there but doesn’t do nearly enough to be what his price tag should've got us.

The fact that he had only one great season up until now in his career was always a warning sign. Hope that he sorts stuff out next season

Ashybashy86

Ligue 1 really is sh*t. Players like Depay struggled in the PL, but looks great over there.

Hope Saliba is as good as he looks.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arteta needs to work on him in pre season. We need a better midfield and to improve this guys decision making, confidence and intensity.

The talent is there but the mental attributes are extremely lacking.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Only problem with pepe he need to stop being selfish defense in PL is better kn ligue 1 you need to use your teammates

Shalmaneser V

Doesn’t seem to get an uninterrupted run of games. That’s a minor excuse though, should still do better. Looked tired/asleep today.

How does a footballer manage to A) look tired when he’s missed the last 3 games and B) look asleep when he’s playing in a NLD.

Should be docked 2 weeks wages if you ask me.

I had my doubts about this guy’s temperament a soon as I saw the way he strolled into the club for his medical video. Looked soo unmotivated for someone about to join a massive club.

Has to improve drastically next season.

gamechannel

Uninspiring today but he’s the least of our worries.

He actually is part of the problem. Holds on to the ball for too long, doesn't make the runs he needs to, ignores simple quick passes by dwelling on the ball and is extremely sloppy in possession when taking players on. Oh and the fact that he's extremely one-footed is another big issue.

I won't criticise him for not putting in a shift defensively or tracking back because I dont really judge attacking players for their defensive work or lack thereof but he at least needs to do a half decent job in attack.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just feel like he needs really good thorough coaching. He's got all the tools but needs bad habits coached out of him.

Tactically we don't help him either.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He actually is part of the problem. Holds on to the ball for too long, doesn't make the runs he needs to, ignores simple quick passes by dwelling on the ball and is extremely sloppy in possession when taking players on. Oh and the fact that he's extremely one-footed is another big issue.
The way people are crying and looked for this thread ASAP to blame him you’d think we’d have top class defence or were sound all over the pitch.

He was cr*p today but he’s not entirely the reason why we’ve lost this game surely. He probably shouldn’t have started but I don’t know if that would have made much of a difference (maybe if Saka had just started maybe?)

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not sure what some of you are smoking at home, but he is the only player that brings some excitement to our attack. For me, he does his job even when playing in front of an idiot like Bellerin. I don't expect him to score or assist every game, but he is always difficult to deal with and creates stuff out of nothing. Not his best game for sure, but it's clear to see that we have a great player and need to build around him.
The moment he went off we couldn't create anything and lost the game. That's a fact that won't go in Arteta's favor.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The only two players that hold on to the ball are Ceballos and Pepe. The reason is they are the only two players that can play football. We need more players like them who are confident on the ball, others just panic and lose it all the time.

KenyanGoon

I feel like Wingers need multiple opportunities with the ball to make an impact, even the best ones. You don’t hear of wide players who get one or two chances and do something, that’s for strikers.

Im more disappointed at his general play not the low percentage stuff. Risky dribbles and passes is what you want from your wingers tbh.

Salah and Mane.

gamechannel

The only two players that hold on to the ball are Ceballos and Pepe. The reason is they are the only two players that can play football. We need more players like them who are confident on the ball, others just panic and lose it all the time.

There's a big difference between holding on to the ball and retaining the ball. I was referring to the former. He wastes time on the ball when he should be moving it quickly in an attacking build up. I got no problem with him spending time on the ball as long as he's doing something with it but he just wastes time on it without moving it forward.

I get it, wingers are supposed to take risks with the ball and take players on. Problem is, he doesn't do that often enough. Most of the time he dwells on it and stagnates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom