• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

elemoo

Made several errors in the final 20 but non that lead to a goal whilst making some crucial blocks that helped keep the score line respectable - still our best CB... would be happy to have him as 3rd/4th choice CB if he extends.

I think a defender is the most scrutinised position tbh... strikers can be forgiven for missing shots (even Kane was off today) but one mistake that leads to a goal can undo a game that you’ve played well 95% of the time.

I cut Mustafi slack bc I think as a CB you have to have a 100% game with zero mistakes to even avoid criticism... and even then you might not get any praise.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Made several errors in the final 20 but non that lead to a goal whilst making some crucial blocks that helped keep the score line respectable - still our best CB... would be happy to have home as 3rd choice CB if he extends.

I think a defender is the most scrutinised position tbh... strikers can be forgiven for missing shots (even Kane was off today) but one mistake that leads to a goal can undo a game that you’ve played well 95% of the time.

I cut Mustafi slack bc I think as a CB you have to have a 100% game with zero mistakes to even avoid criticism... and even then you might not get any praise.
:rofl:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Why on earth do people defend this guy? He's let us down time and time again and is the worst signing in our history.

Just because he's had a few games without a mistake means nothing to me. Should of been moved on years ago, guys cursed the club.

nickguest

That bit where he came sliding in only for Kane to leisurely stroll past him was woefully bad. Comical last twenty minutes.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Why on earth do people defend this guy? He's let us down time and time again and is the worst signing in our history.

Just because he's had a few games without a mistake means nothing to me. Should of been moved on years ago, guys cursed the club.
But the thing is, people saying he had a few good games are actually telling porkies. What they mean is, he's had a few games without making an\ game changing error. He's been making the same stupid decisions, just not punished for them.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

But the thing is, people saying he had a few good games are actually telling porkies. What they mean is, he's had a few games without making an\ game changing error. He's been making the same stupid decisions, just not punished for them.

That's what I mean, people give him some leeway for not making a proper dumb error when that's literally the least he should be doing.

rich 1990

Made several errors in the final 20 but non that lead to a goal whilst making some crucial blocks that helped keep the score line respectable - still our best CB... would be happy to have him as 3rd/4th choice CB if he extends.

rich 1990

That's what I mean, people give him some leeway for not making a proper dumb error when that's literally the least he should be doing.
One of the games he gets away with is Chelsea away. Luiz gets sent off for trying to correct Mustafi's stupidity. That was in the midst of his supposed good run. He makes that sort of error literally every game. Dumbarse.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What do you mean, freebie? He was like 35 million ffs.
giphy.gif

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

He got eaten alive in the closing stages. That slide he did in front of Kane:rofl:

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
We've got the makings of a decent side if we had some proper defenders instead of musti and Kola. Could even carry Luiz in a back three, like Chelsea did. A must sort position for next season.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Mustafi tempts coaches because he's quick, surprisingly good in the air, likes a battle, distributes well when his confidence is up. They are left thinking, if only I can get into his head and stop those panic self-destruct moments, there's a really good defender there. And they do for a bit and he looks like the player we thought we were buying for a bit. And then it slips a bit. And then he has games like today where he's pretty good up until the point he isn't and then its sirens and panic stations and all kinds of odd decision making.

Better to see this now than after a contract renewal.

Others have said it. Mustafi's a good defender right up until the point something goes wrong. then its crash and burn.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Mustafi is definitely 35m down the drain yet people say Kroenke isn’t investing money into the club.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The way he committed himself and went to ground early on that Kane challenge and Kane just went past him is the stuff of legends. I'll show my kids that clip. I bet you Kane can't do that to kids at the playground.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Very sad that anytime he has a game where he doesn't make an error, it is seen as an Excellent game from him.

Surely the Club won't extend this gimp?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He’ll post a training vid an all the clowns in our fan base will lap it up.

Standards get lower and lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom