• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta on Mesut Özil: "He is still in the same position and we will manage everything internally. I have nothing to say."

As I thought, his back problems are complete bogus.
They are trying to force him out by not playing him.

Didn’t miss him though, Pepe plays like a washed up Özil anyway.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This tactic only really works if the player hasn't mentally retired.

There are rumours we're saving a significant appearance fee but I don't where that comes from.

There's an obvious gap in the team that he would have filled when he was good. Need to replace him

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Never go “Full Bogarde”

Winston-Bogarde-010.jpg

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He would've been a good player to bring on in the second half. But as usual, the AFC board are doing everything possible to shoot ourselves in our foot.

Even i had started to think that we have been playing well without him, but no. Unless we get someone else, he's still crucial to us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The club is not picking him to force him out. Nothing else makes sense. Before Covid he featured in every game, then he refused the pay cut.

No other explanation. It’s not like they are protecting him from a drug addiction or depression, they threw him under bus with the wage reduction thing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The club is not picking him to force him out. Nothing else makes sense. Before Covid he featured in every game, then he refused the pay cut.

No other explanation. It’s not like they are protecting him from a drug addiction or depression, they threw him under bus with the wage reduction thing.
Maybe there something else not taking pay cut doesn't stop you to not training with first team squad.

gamechannel

Yep - It's clear as day. Dude won't take a paycut, club leaks only his name as 1 of the 3 players who refused pay cuts. He has been sidelined since due to various reasons - Tactical, fitness, effort in training, dedication to the team, back problems and now "internal matter". I kinda think Özil knew he couldn't trust the board so he refused the paycut knowing full well they'd force him out eventually so why leave money on the table when he can't trust the other side? On the flip side the board knew Özil won't **** off before his contract expired so why should they leave any stone unturned in trying to force him to leave. What a **** show.

Its funny how the board wanted him to take a paycut citing financial constraints yet the same board goes on and renews David Luizs big money contract. What a bunch of idiots.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It is odd more is not made of this mess.

The media just seem to accept it as normal. Both the player & club have acted really strangely ever since the Wenger announcement... Its spanned Wenger, Emery, Freddie & Arteta ffs.

How much has he earnt since April 2018? 30M?

Ask some ****ing questions.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
How did he go from being on the bench at Brighton to out of the picture?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Only way he will leave is if we cover some of his wages and let him go on a free.

Otherwise he will just sit tight and run the contract down.

gamechannel

The club are messing him about so he gets fed up and leaves. Özil (like Bale at Madrid) is calling their bluff. He doesn’t care. He trains and gets paid, if they pick him he’ll play.

Yep. I just wish the club would just come and say that he doesnt feature in their plans and the club want to focus on finding him a new club. Instead of that, Arteta keeps coming out with contradicting statements including how he still has a future at this club. Our club loves unnecessary drama. At least Real had clearly come out saying that Bale is not needed.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yep. I just wish the club would just come and say that he doesnt feature in their plans and the club want to focus on finding him a new club. Instead of that, Arteta keeps coming out with contradicting statements including how he still has a future at this club. Our club loves unnecessary drama. At least Real had clearly come out saying that Bale is not needed.
Club already told the media many times they want him off the books it's Özil and his agent not trying to find new club.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It is odd more is not made of this mess.

The media just seem to accept it as normal. Both the player & club have acted really strangely ever since the Wenger announcement... Its spanned Wenger, Emery, Freddie & Arteta ffs.

How much has he earnt since April 2018? 30M?

Ask some ****ing questions.

Reporters do ask questions. Their questions are being deflected away

MD: As you know, we’re asking questions on behalf of other people in the room. Sam Dean from The Telegraph is concerned that Özil has now missed two games with back soreness. Are you able to explain the precise nature of the injury and is it a chronic problem that might keep recurring over the coming years?

MA: I don’t know, I’m not the medical expert to answer that question.

MD: But you’ve got some medical experts who presumably could tell you…

MA: Yeah, they could say that. But I haven’t asked that specific question. At the moment, the situation is like last week.

MD: I’m just interested, on Mesut Özil’s injury record, in the three and a half years before he came to Arsenal he didn’t miss a single game through injury and now this is his eighteenth time that he’s missed games due to a medical problem. You were supposed to be injury-prone and I looked up your record, you only had 14 injuries in 15 years. It seems an incredible amount of minor niggles on one player. Is there something about him that makes him susceptible to this? Is it something the medical team can get on top of or is it just something you’ve got to accept?

MA: I think the medical department will try to assess the situation the best possible way and will try to treat him as well as they possibly can. Everybody is different and everybody adapts in a different way to treatment. It’s not something that I have much to say [about].

MD: If you’ll forgive me for saying, it seems you’re very blase about injuries to a player who picks up so much in terms of salary and who, presumably, could be such a great player…the fact that you don’t know exactly what his condition is seems at odds with a player of his stature. We hear about Harry Kane’s toe and ligaments every week in every minor detail and other key players, you hear about every single little bit of their injury and yet here’s a player who could be an integral part of the team, a key part of the team and you’re just leaving it to the medical department. Is that because he’s not particularly part of your thoughts at the moment?

MA: I don’t know. I wouldn’t like to compare players with different situations, different injuries. At the moment I just say what information that I have.

MD: You don’t seem to be asking any questions of the medical department, is that standard or is that just…

MA: I asked the questions. They give me the answers and they are enough answers for me.

MD: Fair enough, there’s no point going…

[At this point he posed a question on behalf of The Sun about Nune Espirito Santo.]

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Reporters do ask questions. Their questions are being deflected away

MD: As you know, we’re asking questions on behalf of other people in the room. Sam Dean from The Telegraph is concerned that Özil has now missed two games with back soreness. Are you able to explain the precise nature of the injury and is it a chronic problem that might keep recurring over the coming years?

MA: I don’t know, I’m not the medical expert to answer that question.

MD: But you’ve got some medical experts who presumably could tell you…

MA: Yeah, they could say that. But I haven’t asked that specific question. At the moment, the situation is like last week.

MD: I’m just interested, on Mesut Özil’s injury record, in the three and a half years before he came to Arsenal he didn’t miss a single game through injury and now this is his eighteenth time that he’s missed games due to a medical problem. You were supposed to be injury-prone and I looked up your record, you only had 14 injuries in 15 years. It seems an incredible amount of minor niggles on one player. Is there something about him that makes him susceptible to this? Is it something the medical team can get on top of or is it just something you’ve got to accept?

MA: I think the medical department will try to assess the situation the best possible way and will try to treat him as well as they possibly can. Everybody is different and everybody adapts in a different way to treatment. It’s not something that I have much to say [about].

MD: If you’ll forgive me for saying, it seems you’re very blase about injuries to a player who picks up so much in terms of salary and who, presumably, could be such a great player…the fact that you don’t know exactly what his condition is seems at odds with a player of his stature. We hear about Harry Kane’s toe and ligaments every week in every minor detail and other key players, you hear about every single little bit of their injury and yet here’s a player who could be an integral part of the team, a key part of the team and you’re just leaving it to the medical department. Is that because he’s not particularly part of your thoughts at the moment?

MA: I don’t know. I wouldn’t like to compare players with different situations, different injuries. At the moment I just say what information that I have.

MD: You don’t seem to be asking any questions of the medical department, is that standard or is that just…

MA: I asked the questions. They give me the answers and they are enough answers for me.

MD: Fair enough, there’s no point going…

[At this point he posed a question on behalf of The Sun about Nune Espirito Santo.]
That seems a dead end but there must be others at the club willing to talk even off the record. So much seems to leak out... bust ups, players attitudes, Covid exact vote numbers, players we want to sell etc.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
That seems a dead end but there must be others at the club willing to talk even off the record. So much seems to leak out... bust ups, players attitudes, Covid exact vote numbers, players we want to sell etc.
something is going on behind the scenes that neither club nor player nor player's agent are willing to talk about - there seems such a determination to keep a lid on it that it must be something the media would be all over, worse than they are at the moment when they can't get any proper info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom