• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Let's see. Luiz, Mustafi and Xhaka are the main culprits. Even if Arteta believes that they're the best we got, there are times when you need to put your foot down as a coach and show that frequent mistakes will not be tolerated and drop people.

People talk about Wenger's laidback club atmosphere, but what does it say and what sort of message does it send to the entire squad, when Luiz can make mistake after mistake costing us games and keep his shirt?

I see a few fans trying to paint Arteta as this sharp disciplinarian, but I have yet to see it.

Who could he play instead of Luiz and Mustafi? Honest question.

Holding? Coming back from a serious injury and has been hot and cold. Sokratis? Also coming back from injury, albeit more recently.

He could've sub Kola, but that's about it. His hands are tied here.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Probably cheaper than getting rid and buying someone else right? Luiz is taking a decrease in wages, Mari is like 8M and Cedric free.
Cheaper and easier.
No hassles, easy life, and our owner has a weekend break in jolly old London town every year to see one of his franchises.

progman07

Established Member
It's really hard to trust a coach who counts on David Luiz (miraculous extension) and Mustafi (extension to come ?) to get us back in the top 4 when those guys are part of the reason we are so far from top 4.
It's so easy to say that on the internet, but we don't have better options. Holding has been shaky anytime he played since his injury, Sokratis is just more of the same (and even worse on the ball), AMN is a player I like but hardly saves the day.

People love to hype up the players who don't play, but honestly we have failed with every player, every combination, every manager - it's obvious we cannot and won't improve until we get in better players.

progman07

Established Member
If money is tight, why the fuvk would the club renew Luiz, Mari and Soares? And theres chatter that Mustafi will get a new deal as well. Wouldn't it be better to just let them walk and cut our losses instead of committing more money to these players? The no money reason is no ****ing excuse if what we are seeing on the contract front is the complete opposite.
This is the Arteta thread. What you are talking about is the management/owners. I doubt that if you made Arteta choose between van Dijk and Luiz he would choose the latter, but I don't think he has that kind of choice you know.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I'm gonna be honest and probably go against the grain, knowing this place and knowing Arsenal fans in general.

I saw a lot today to be happy about. We were the only team attempting to play football. We were failed, not by tactics, but by personnel. Had Kolasinac not given the ball away like an idiot, had we been able to defend a simple corner and had leaders organising set pieces, it could have been different.

LFC looked the same on set pieces and defensively till they got a leader in their defence.

I still like what Arteta wants us to play like, he just needs good recruitment.

Ashybashy86

Because the only other CB we;ve got is Holding who can't run into wide areas and has no left foot. And Sokratis who can run but can't even pass on his right foot. If Mari was fit, Kola would be on the bench where he belongs.
Tierney is much better defensively than Kola. Okay, Kola's delivery isn't great (what is he actually good at? :lol:), but it's surely better to have him as far away from our goal as much as possible.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The transfer window will say a lot. If Mustafi, Sokratis, Holding or Kolasinac are here he’s a yes man.

Need to see some leadership.

If we bin them all in the summer we’re not going to get four replacements.

A lot of these players will still be here next year, particularly Mustafi and probably Sokratis. The other two maybe not but I wouldn’t be surprised.

We need to make some additions first to build up the squad. Our options off the bench are mostly teenagers. Can’t compete when that’s the case.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

A lot of these players will still be here next year, particularly Mustafi and probably Sokratis. The other two maybe not but I wouldn’t be surprised.

We need to make some additions first to build up the squad. Our options off the bench are mostly teenagers. Can’t compete when that’s the case.
We have eight CB’s, 32 players in our squad.
Get off the wine Nick.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I don't get why we need to keep calamities like Mustafi and Luiz (Before renewal) around. ****ing play our U23 CB's, believe me, they won't do worse. City are starting ****ing Garcia in games, LFC have promoted Gomez, these defenders are not doing worse than Mustafi and Luiz are, and are definitely on lower wages.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People are overreacting. Against Wolves we defended better and didn’t make mistakes, today we did. Wolves are a better side than Sp**s.
Wolves were poor. Nuno said it was their worst game of the year.

Traore would’ve scored if he wasn’t just a bodybuilder too.

Ashybashy86

I'm 99.9% sure Sokratis won't be here next season. He already said he won't sit on the bench. Mustafi I can see staying, which will be a mistake. Kolasinac...I refuse to even imagine him here next season. Nope.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I'm gonna be honest and probably go against the grain, knowing this place and knowing Arsenal fans in general.

I saw a lot today to be happy about. We were the only team attempting to play football. We were failed, not by tactics, but by personnel. Had Kolasinac not given the ball away like an idiot, had we been able to defend a simple corner and had leaders organising set pieces, it could have been different.

LFC looked the same on set pieces and defensively till they got a leader in their defence.

Good post. We are finally looking better in possession and while I know people won`t care much about it after a defeat to your bitter rivals, 65 per cent possession and 89 pass completion is encouraging even though Sp**s at times were happy to let us have the ball. Being able to keep the ball and progress the play forward is the basic for any team looking to be successful and for a long time we have looked awful in that aspect.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Agreed, such a shame this mistake came in such a big game but we know this defence has them in them.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
People are overreacting. Against Wolves we defended better and didn’t make mistakes, today we did. Wolves are a better side than Sp**s.

Which is why so many of us are dissatisfied. We know we can do better but we have the tendency to drop points for silly silly reasons. We are better than Olympiakos and they knocked us out of Europa. We are better than Brighton but they done the double over us. It’s not an overreaction, it’s been a theme throughout our season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We have eight CB’s, 32 players in our squad.
Get off the wine Nick.

I just think with a truncated transfer window and clubs around Europe maybe going to the wall it’ll be hard to shift most of these bums.

Think one or two will leave but a lot of these leeches will still be here next year.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I think Keane said this quite a few times in his inane punditry stint. Our players are too satisfied with one or two good games, as if they've proved all their critics wrong. You need to do that week in, week out. Two good games does not make Mustafi class, or anywhere near the road of redemption. Neither does it make Luiz good enough. Or even Xhaka (Though he's been doing a lot better and lot more consistently than the two clowns).

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

We do this every time we lose to a Mourinho side. “At least we played football” we shout while he laughs to himself but getting another 3 points. There are different ways to play football, just because we had more possession does not mean we outplayed them. Martinez’s goal was a lot more busy than Lloris’s. Look at the xG if you can. Our goal came from sweet strike from Lacazette, their goals came from another Arsenal error and a set piece. Knowing who and what Mourinho represents this was exactly how he would want things to go and we played directly into his trap. I was more impressed with the Leicester game than this one.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
We do this every time we lose to a Mourinho side. “At least we played football” we shout while he laughs to himself but getting another 3 points. There are different ways to play football, just because we had more possession does not mean we outplayed them. Martinez’s goal was a lot more busy than Lloris’s. Look at the xG if you can. Our goal came from sweet strike from Lacazette, their goals came from another Arsenal error and a set piece. Knowing who and what Mourinho represents this was exactly how he would want things to go and we played directly into his trap. I was more impressed with the Leicester game than this one.
I disagree with this. We usually lose to Mourinho's side because of the huge quality difference between us and Chelsea. This was not the case there. However, we gifted them the win with our mistakes and you can't change that without changing the personnel.

I know Mourinho sits back, and we lose to him by losing the ball up the field and them countering, but was today about that? We literally passed the ball to Son. You do that against any coach and they'll beat you.

In the end, it comes down to quality. Under Emery, it was both quality and lack of intent.

Just saying that if we had similar quality players to Chelsea's, Wenger wouldn't have had such a shocking record against Jose either.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom