• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Doesn’t matter where anybody finishes now, if you’ve got a rich owner willing to spend you can buy who you want.

Arsenal unfortunately don’t. Can see City, Chelsea, Everton, Wolves and Newcastle spending £200m after FFP just died.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Doesn’t matter where anybody finishes now, if you’ve got a rich owner willing to spend you can buy who you want.

Arsenal unfortunately don’t. Can see City, Chelsea, Everton, Wolves and Newcastle spending £200m after FFP just died.
Yes and Arsenal Sp**s will have to do with free and loan signings

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No EL is only **** because we lack the balls or ambitions to rip the squad apart.

Considering the small squad size you can get away with by just playing in the league and domestic cups you could offload a lot of players.

We have 8 CBs ffs. Three RBs, AMN could bring in a decent fee. Same with Kolasinac. There’s at least 30/40m in the defence alone.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No EL is only **** because we lack the balls or ambitions to rip the squad apart.

Considering the small squad size you can get away with by just playing in the league and domestic cups you could offload a lot of players.

We have 8 CBs ffs. Three RBs, AMN could bring in a decent fee. Same with Kolasinac. There’s at least 30/40m in the defence alone.
Yeah we need to sell 10+ players no matter what.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Yes this could be only positive because next season we'll likely play only 50 games depending on how we'll get on with cups. a major sell needed these players are part of problem why we 9th

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Time for Arteta and the club to get ruthless. Have some honest conversations with players and tell them it's best they find another club. Doesnt matter if they dont want to leave. Its leave or dont play. That may suit Özil. But I guarantee it wont suit most players.

Sokratis has said he wont be a bench warmer. Mustafi needs gone. Holding is another. We wont need players for europe next season. Get rid.

Sell about 7-8 players even if it's for next to nothing just get rid. They are costing us more being here than not being here.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Yup, no Europe means no excuses. We should be finishing top 4 next season. Tine to get the wage sponges off our books and be ruthless.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yup, no Europe means no excuses. We should be finishing top 4 next season. Tine to get the wage sponges off our books and be ruthless.

Don’t see us finishing ahead of City or Liverpool next year.

Chelsea are buying Werner, Ziyech and maybe Havertz. Utd probably getting Sancho and are one or two players away from being title contenders.

Think already it’s very unlikely that we get top four next year, especially with no EL.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
I thought last season's race for top 4 was bad. Shows how utterly sh!t everyone must have been if such a crap side like this Leicester team or Chelsea can still finish 3rd.
I actually think it's exactly the other way round.
I think the standard of the small teams has increased so much due to the TV money, so anyone can beat anyone these days.
Look at Man City. They're an awesome team, strength in depth, but they've lost NINE times in the League this season.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We are pretty ****ed if we miss out on Europa. This is not a Chelsea situation where the squad massively underperformed from their true level, a bit more rest and a few extra training sessions is not going to make these players better..

Selling the dross and having a thinner squad is all good, but unless you replace them with better players we’ll just get worse.. Have to recognise it’s relative, they are **** in the context of a top 4 team, but still seen as better options than the others. If they are not replaced by better players the quality of the team will just go down.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
not being in Europe makes it imperative we do a thorough trawl of the lower divisions, where good players will jump at the chance to play for Arsenal, rather than squander every last scarce penny on trying to attract overseas players with the promise of big wages

and that applies to not going overboard with the offer of fat contracts to keep players already here

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Even if we win last 2, we are getting only 56 points which won't be enough for europa. Badly need a win vs Liverpool. I never thought we will end up fighting for europa.

tcahill

Posted this a few weeks back, shamelessly posting again because of how relevant it has become.

Not getting Europa next season might be a blessing in disguise. It's clear we aren't good enough to win it.

If we are just competing in the PL next season, we'd have more time to focus on preparing for the next game, less long flights all over Eastern Europe, more fresh players on the weekend with no game on Thursday night.

We'd be able to maintain a thinner squad, send the likes of Willock, Nelson, Nketiah etc on loan, and offload as much of the deadwood as we can. Some of the bums (might) even leave when it's clear they aren't getting playtime on the weekend.

Bring in Partey and another young talent or two and see how Arteta develops the team. We need to break down before we can rebuild.

As others have mentioned though, I'm not sure our management has the balls to cut the deadwood.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I go back and forth about EL. I think Arsenal need a reset and a different approach and to stop trying to act like the big club we aren't.

But, with our rookie manager, total lack of winning mentality around the club, seeming mental fragility it really feels like we need to get back to basics and walk before we attempt to run. Have a week of coaching and drilling before playing a game

You never know, we could spiral down to prolonged mid-table mediocrity and financial ruin

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I go back and forth about EL. I think Arsenal need a reset and a different approach and to stop trying to act like the big club we aren't.

But, with our rookie manager, total lack of winning mentality around the club, seeming mental fragility it really feels like we need to get back to basics and walk before we attempt to run. Have a week of coaching and drilling before playing a game

You never know, we could spiral down to prolonged mid-table mediocrity and financial ruin

Every year we follow the same model of buying overseas players who lack ability and desire we fall down anyway. They just arent up for the fight the same way.

As some people have stated before it's time for a culture change at the club. Theres enough talent in England in the Championship and within the league to not need to heavily rely on european market. Yes players are cheaper but cheaper doesnt mean better.

Liverpools core team is made from signings that were playing in England.

Van Dijk, Gomez, Robertson, Henderson, Winjaldum, Milner, Mane. Yes they signed some overseas players but Salah had experience of England albeit very little. Half of the team had experience in the league.

The only players we tend to sign who have experience in the league are hand me downs from Chelsea or United who end up making fools of us.

Top Bottom