• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The only hope is we get money from sales do whatever it takes to get Özil out can't have guy with 350k with no European football if Guendouzi not in your plans sell if laca not renew sell not to mention the 75% of players we got that all deserved to be sold

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The only hope is we get money from sales do whatever it takes to get Özil out can't have guy with 350k with no European football if Guendouzi not in your plans sell if laca not renew sell not to mention the 75% of players we got that all deserved to be sold

We did pretty well with the Iwobi sale. I guess we have to hope for something similar, though in the current COVID-19 market, I guess £10m is the new £35m.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We did pretty well with the Iwobi sale. I guess we have to hope for something similar, though in the current COVID-19 market, I guess £10m is the new £35m.
We lost alot of money not being in Europe meaning we lost 30m of Revenue so i think sending wil be limited unless Kroenke invest and give us 100m to spend

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Sell about 6-7 players and buy 2 or 3 quality ones. Or the best we can get providing they are better than what we have.

Sokratis 3-5m
Mustafi 3-5m
Holding/Chambers 10m
Kolasinac 7-8m
Torreria 20m
Guendouzi 30m
Auba (we wont have a choice) 25m

That gets us around £100m.

Partey if he still wants to come is about 40m.

Ceballos on loan maybe for another season fills a gap.

We need a striker to replace Auba or a left winger if Laca is going to stay.

It's time to literally force players out. Anyone who says it cant be done to look at other clubs and how they do their business. It should be easy for Arteta to say. We finished 9th. You are not the direction I go and I believe for all parties would be best to sell you.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
No point even speculating about who we can or can’t sign. Things can change quickly in the current climate meaning the financial impact can change. Clubs will try and get at least some people into the stadiums ASAP to lessen some of the potential losses. We don’t really know what the club or the owners are going to do in terms of investment, it’s a completely unique situation.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I would assume the club has kept an eye on suitable players from the clubs that are likely to be relegated.

Norwich has some promising younger players like Cantwell and Aarons, Contracts expire 2022 and 2024 respectively.

Nathan Ake should be a player of interest to us. Contract expires 2022.

Tyrone Mings from Aston Villa?

In hindsight, the £72m spent on Pepe seems somewhat unwise.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I would assume the club has kept an eye on suitable players from the clubs that are likely to be relegated.

Norwich has some promising younger players like Cantwell and Aarons, Contracts expire 2022 and 2024 respectively.

You know pepe transfer fee is paid in 4 installments about 20m in 4 summers it's not like we spent 72m in one go we seriously needed width that's why we wanted zaha and pepe. The problem our club like spending big on forwards laca auba Alexis and now pepe but there so little to improve the midfield or defense we have to turn our focus in these areas

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

You can find much better value for money buying players from abroad than buying English players from relegated clubs. We need value for money, it makes no sense paying premiums of English players unless they're exceptional.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You can find much better value for money buying players from abroad than buying English players from relegated clubs. We need value for money, it makes no sense paying premiums of English players unless they're exceptional.

Completely disagree.

Look at the Klopp timeline. He came into Liverpool half way through a season. But they finished 8th, so in Klopps first summer he had no money from European competitions.

He sold deadwood, biggest sale was Benteke at around 27M but the rest of the sales added up to 76M. Just from selling dross for peanuts.

76M out, 61M in purchases. The purchases? Mane from Southampton, Wijnaldum from Newcastle and then Matip on a free along with Karius and Klavan. Not world beating players. Mainly players with premier league experience, most people laughed at Mane and Wijnaldum signings but they're now CL winners and PL winners.

Guendouzi, Sokratis, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Elneny etc etc, Guendouzi will be a big chunk the rest can make up a good 70-100M in sales if we do it right.

That's a lot of money to work with. This summer we should concentrate on getting Partey and a playmaker. We should look at Grealish and Buendia. Any big sales like Auba leaving for example will need to be addressed in due course.

If we can grab a commanding CB then also do that but not sure it'll be possible to find someone worthy. Maybe Mings, but not too sure about that.

There's great value in the league, don't sniff at it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Completely disagree.

Look at the Klopp timeline. He came into Liverpool half way through a season. But they finished 8th, so in Klopps first summer he had no money from European competitions.

He sold deadwood, biggest sale was Benteke at around 27M but the rest of the sales added up to 76M. Just from selling dross for peanuts.

76M out, 61M in purchases. The purchases? Mane from Southampton, Wijnaldum from Newcastle and then Matip on a free along with Karius and Klavan. Not world beating players. Mainly players with premier league experience, most people laughed at Mane and Wijnaldum signings but they're now CL winners and PL winners.

Guendouzi, Sokratis, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Elneny etc etc, Guendouzi will be a big chunk the rest can make up a good 70-100M in sales if we do it right.

That's a lot of money to work with. This summer we should concentrate on getting Partey and a playmaker. We should look at Grealish and Buendia. Any big sales like Auba leaving for example will need to be addressed in due course.

If we can grab a commanding CB then also do that but not sure it'll be possible to find someone worthy. Maybe Mings, but not too sure about that.

There's great value in the league, don't sniff at it.

I specifically said English players, as in Cantwell, Aarons, Mings etc.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
@14Henry Nobody will buy half of these players in the current climate.

Why? Nobody will buy Guendouzi for 25-30m?

Nobody will spend 3-4m on Sokratis. You may actually find that clubs will need to get bargains and that could work in our favour. We dont need much for these players we just need rid of them. Off the wages and not wasting Artetas time trying to coach them.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I specifically said English players, as in Cantwell, Aarons, Mings etc.

My apologies mate didn't realise!

@14Henry

You're right.

I wrote this on another forum, just goes to show its doable.

"Was just taking a look at Klopps timeline with Liverpool. Its interesting that when he came in, of course it was only half a season but you finished 8th and didn't get European football.

Its looking likely that Arteta wont have European football in his first season. So money wise we'll be down, but interestingly you made 76M in sales and spent 61M of that.

Mane, Wijnaldum, Matip, Karius and Klavan came in for Klopps first full summer and you managed to get 4th. Now Klopps first squad was pretty dire, Arteta has a better set of players to work with initially. Which is a bonus because there's more competition for places now.

Then that was the point where Coutinho was sold to Barca. But a clear plan was in place before that with the signings of Salah and Robbo in July. You pretty much spent 30m net, which funnily enough is around what you get for qualifying for the CL. Makes sense, then the Coutinho sale came in Jan it allowed you to buy a top tier commanding CB in Virgil and you also signed the Ox. Coutinho money spent.

Not sure we have a Coutinho esque player sale in us, but we'll see how the squad progresses. Doesn't have to be one player. I guess we could sell 3 or 4 players to achieve that total. Anyway...

Just trying to make myself feel better, because Liverpool fans probably saw straight away with Klopp, he had a style, just not the right players to implement it. He had no money, but generated cash and signed astutely. We can see a style with Arteta.

Moral of the story is anyone can be like Manchester City and you can throw billions at it if you want like Manchester United. But there is a way without much money, you just have to be patient."

Preacher

Always Crying
Why? Nobody will buy Guendouzi for 25-30m?

Nobody will spend 3-4m on Sokratis. You may actually find that clubs will need to get bargains and that could work in our favour. We dont need much for these players we just need rid of them. Off the wages and not wasting Artetas time trying to coach them.
To sell Guendouzi for 25-30mln is doable because he is on low wages and has potential.

Wages:
Sokratis - 90k.
Mustafi - 90k.
Kolasinac - 100k.

This is the main problem.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom