• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolasinac: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomb Bombadil

I think we're playing now all our bad defenders that we can sell them at the end of the transfer window (Kolasinac, Mustafi, Luiz). Other clubs think they're regular starters. Very clever...

Oh wait we extended the contract from Luiz :facepalm:

I really hope we sell Kolasinac and Mustafi. Kolasinac strength is going forward and now he plays as a center back. Why?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Kolasinac is another of a very long list of players that are so easy to play against.

He follows a long list of players who are extremely dependable on their strong foot and the opponents will always know 1. how to tackle them, expect how he will receive the ball or who he will pass to.

The way Kolasinac shapes his body, receives the ball is too obvious as he will not use his right foot even if his life depended on it.

This was the same with so many of our left-footed players: Gibbs, Wilshere, Monreal (to a lesser extent).

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
@Mitch How many times has Bellerin made a mistake like that compared to Kolasinac? I've seen it too many times now but you see him as a very good player...

An uncharacteristical mistake by Kola, cant think occasion where he has done that previous.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Did he? I must have missed this. And it ain't hindsight i've been on this guys case since that season.
Let's be a bit fair though. This guy played as a LWB for Schalke. His best performances in that season came as a LWB. Why are we playing him CB at all when he's dreadful as a LB in a back four, let alone as a CB in a back three?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Does anyone remember the moment a couple games ago where he was in the middle of the park facing his goal and just hoofed the ball over his head even though we were't defensively set and could have been countered?

Probably not. But that's the kind of stupidity and panic he displays whenever he's on the ball. Mustafi and Luiz have a mistake in them at all times but actually play well when we are winning, Kola plays poorly all the time.

It's been apparent even during this winning run and I'm quite disappointed in Arteta for playing him when it was clear something like this was long overdue.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why can’t we go Sok - Mustafi - Luiz if we need a left footed player there?

African Flair

vddliijwqga51.jpg
It's a bit worrying that Arteta keeps on forcing Kola in the squad. Playing like this it would be beneficial with a right footed on. Hope I don't see start another game ever again for this club.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not sure if anyone else made this point, but how did we keep him over Monreal?

Monreal served the club well and we let him leave after staying for another year, IIRC.

The same would've happened to Kos if he didn't kick up a fuss about going on strike.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Does anyone remember the moment a couple games ago where he was in the middle of the park facing his goal and just hoofed the ball over his head even though we were't defensively set and could have been countered?

Probably not. But that's the kind of stupidity and panic he displays whenever he's on the ball. Mustafi and Luiz have a mistake in them at all times but actually play well when we are winning, Kola plays poorly all the time.

It's been apparent even during this winning run and I'm quite disappointed in Arteta for playing him when it was clear something like this was long overdue.

Think he's being played because we've got nothing else. Tierney has been playing well enough on the left and Saka needed a breather.

You can fault Arteta for keeping him in the game when it was clear we needed to attack Aurier with all we've got, but I think that in a big game like this 9/10 managers would go with their senior squad options.

Imagine if he played the kids or put Holding there. He'd be getting slaughtered as well. Squad is just not good enough.

Either way hopefully this is the last season we see Kolasinac and Mustafi.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Not sure if anyone else made this point, but how did we keep him over Monreal?

Him and Kos probably had enough of Emery. Could you imagine, two old boys, going from serving under Wenger to the likes of unai. They saw the writing on the wall when it all started going wrong the previous season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Aurier is one of worst fullbacks in the league he was so awful against us. and i can't believe why we didn't targeted him more.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't get this myth that he's great at LB. The reason he looked half decent there for us was because majority of our attack was going through him last season because of Emery's obsession with attacking with our full backs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom