• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
To sell Guendouzi for 25-30mln is doable because he is on low wages and has potential.

Wages:
Sokratis - 90k.
Mustafi - 90k.
Kolasinac - 100k.

This is the main problem.

Are you telling me that Kolasinac would rather play with the reserves and collect 100k a week than move to another team for maybe 60-70k. A signing on fee would top that up?

Sokratis has actively said he wont sit around on the bench. Get rid. Mustafi has expressed an interest in returning back to Germany. I think these players are open to moving. They wont leave to earn 30k a week but if its 60% or so of what they get here plus maybe a signing on fee its doable.

Preacher

Always Crying
Are you telling me that Kolasinac would rather play with the reserves and collect 100k a week than move to another team for maybe 60-70k. A signing on fee would top that up?

Sokratis has actively said he wont sit around on the bench. Get rid. Mustafi has expressed an interest in returning back to Germany. I think these players are open to moving. They wont leave to earn 30k a week but if its 60% or so of what they get here plus maybe a signing on fee its doable.
If we get offers for them, it will be loan offers at best. You can quote me on this.

Preacher

Always Crying
You cant tell me someone wouldnt pay 5m for Mustafi. Or 7-8m for Holding.
Not in Covid times. Top teams dont need them. Middle and bottom levels teams, which could have some interest, will be hit the hardest financially. Loan and player swaps will be the feature in the upcoming window. Of course I'm not counting teams like Chelsea, City, Bayern, United and similar.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not in Covid times. Top teams dont need them. Middle and bottom levels teams, which could have some interest, will be hit the hardest financially. Loan and player swaps will be the feature in the upcoming window. Of course I'm not counting teams like Chelsea, City, Bayern, United and similar.

So you are telling me the likes of Schalke, hoffenheim, Ac Milan, Lyon, Palace wont sign any permanent players. The market for middle of the range teams is finished? That's rubbish.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Did these guys not already take a wage cut for Covid? I think Kolasinac wife went back to Germany so I think he may want to reunite with her soon. Sokratis has spoken about wanting to play and Mustafi has looked better under Arteta and still only 28. Holding will attract attention from Championship sides imo. Lacazette will attract attention, so will Auba. Torreira and Guendouzi will attract attention. Bellerin or AMN should be moved on, I would keep AMN cos he can play both fullback positions and there's no reason for the club to have 3 right backs. That's financial ineptness...

We can generate funds, for heaven's sake we sold Carl Jenkinson and he was barely a professional footballer.
Guendouzi
Torreria
Bellerin
Auba
Laca
Kolasinac
Mustafi
Holding
8 players out. I think it's doable.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Watching the Chelsea drubbing by Bayern, I don't miss it - that used to be us.
We were in the CL strictly for financial reward and it was embarrassing getting smacked about post group stages. We didn't do much with that money also, so I am pretty sure we would end up with a very similar team with or without it.

I enjoyed our recent cup wins a whole lot more tell you the truth. UEFA Cup win would be nice. Until we are trying to win it, I'm cool on CL. We will pretend to be broke boyz whether we are in it or not anyways.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We were in the CL strictly for financial reward and it was embarrassing getting smacked about post group stages. We didn't do much with that money also, so I am pretty sure we would end up with a very similar team with or without it.

I enjoyed our recent cup wins a whole lot more tell you the truth. UEFA Cup win would be nice. Until we are trying to win it, I'm cool on CL. We will pretend to be broke boyz whether we are in it or not anyways.

Last time I enjoyed a Champions League knockout game, was the first leg against Barca in 2011 ffs...probably haven't even been dark horses for the comp since 2008 if we're honest.

Would like to see how Arteta can do though.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

We did do much with the money though. I agree that it wasn't nice getting battered but we spent the money.

Not on something sexy but on paying off the mortgage. But that means now COVID hasn't crippled us. And it meant we could afford Özil, Alexis, Xhaka, Mustafi, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Pepe (£72m!!)

I'm not commenting on all those players quality but their fees are above what we used to be able to afford

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
So, Swiss Ramble estimates we've earned €22m from Europa League this year, €35m last season when we reached. That's excluding match day revenues for home games.

Glad we made it to Europa League again.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So, Swiss Ramble estimates we've earned €22m from Europa League this year, €35m last season when we reached. That's excluding match day revenues for home games.

Glad we made it to Europa League again.

A definite extra £20-30M in theory means we can spend that now knowing its coming in later.

Along with ring fenced cash being let loose you could say our initial budget is probably £50-60M before sales.

It does fit in nicely with what we are supposedly looking to do transfer wise. We can afford a Partey buyout and Gabriel initially. And I think they'll be done before the start of the season along with Willian.

Then you look to sales to see if we can do one more piece of business. Lacazette, Guendouzi, Torreira, Holding, Sokratis, Elneny and AMN are the players I think will eventually be sold. You've got £100-120M worth of players there. 5 of which will be easy to find a buyer, Sokratis and Elneny a little harder.

We might break even this summer at £120M, but even if we do the squad will be vastly improved.

Ceballos
Partey
Gabriel
Saliba
Willian

Is 5 signings/new players alone. If Laca is sold someone like Ings to replace him would be nice. Had a feeling last summer it would be a big window, have the same feeling this summer. We will spend 100-140M on new players.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A definite extra £20-30M in theory means we can spend that now knowing its coming in later.

Along with ring fenced cash being let loose you could say our initial budget is probably £50-60M before sales.

It does fit in nicely with what we are supposedly looking to do transfer wise. We can afford a Partey buyout and Gabriel initially. And I think they'll be done before the start of the season along with Willian.

Then you look to sales to see if we can do one more piece of business. Lacazette, Guendouzi, Torreira, Holding, Sokratis, Elneny and AMN are the players I think will eventually be sold. You've got £100-120M worth of players there. 5 of which will be easy to find a buyer, Sokratis and Elneny a little harder.

We might break even this summer at £120M, but even if we do the squad will be vastly improved.

Ceballos
Partey
Gabriel
Saliba
Willian

Is 5 signings/new players alone. If Laca is sold someone like Ings to replace him would be nice. Had a feeling last summer it would be a big window, have the same feeling this summer. We will spend 100-140M on new players.
you can buy everyone we want, but if we have Mustafi and Luiz alternating between having brain farts every other game, we won't finish higher than 7th again.

Liverpool have had 2/3 losses in the past two season ffs.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
you can buy everyone we want, but if we have Mustafi and Luiz alternating between having brain farts every other game, we won't finish higher than 7th again.

Liverpool have had 2/3 losses in the past two season ffs.

We have two new CB's coming in. You cant really complain at that.

akhil

^^ Partially, reduces the loses but the Emirates being empty hurts us more than a lot of the other big teams. Matchday income is a big part of our revenue and with no date planned for reintroducing fans in the stadium, it's hard to budget for the next season.

Football clubs were barely breaking even under normal circumstances, there's going to be a fair bit of pain going around.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Football clubs were barely breaking even under normal circumstances, there's going to be a fair bit of pain going around.
That's because footballers do the hard work, and the executives take the money.

Would be interesting if we went back to making it an amateur-only sport or something.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

^^ Partially, reduces the loses but the Emirates being empty hurts us more than a lot of the other big teams. Matchday income is a big part of our revenue and with no date planned for reintroducing fans in the stadium, it's hard to budget for the next season.

Whilst you are right about match day revenue hurting us more than other clubs, I think there is enough evidence to support that match day income has become less important with time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52529679

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888

In the second article it shows that more than half the teams in the premiership were in the green before match day revenues are taken into consideration. This includes teams habitually in the bottom half of the table too.

^Profit with out fans in 2016-2017

I think clubs are not as broke as they are pretending to be. Arsenal will definitely feel the effects more than others though for sure.

Paying CL salaries for a not so CL quality team is probably equally as important as having no match day revenue I suspect. Promises to restore some of the duct pay if we made it back into Europe leads me to believe this.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Whilst you are right about match day revenue hurting us more than other clubs, I think there is enough evidence to support that match day income has become less important with time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52529679

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888

In the second article it shows that more than half the teams in the premiership were in the green before match day revenues are taken into consideration. This includes teams habitually in the bottom half of the table too.

^Profit with out fans in 2016-2017

I think clubs are not as broke as they are pretending to be. Arsenal will definitely feel the effects more than others though for sure.

Paying CL salaries for a not so CL quality team is probably equally as important as having no match day revenue I suspect. Promises to restore some of the duct pay if we made it back into Europe leads me to believe this.

Yeah we definitely aren't getting value for money for some of our players. The problem is we've set precedent so it's hard to get incoming players expectations down

Latest posts+

Top Bottom