• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I hope with Arteta's comments on how he's happy with him, were meant to prop him up to raise his value on transfer.

Despite his few good moments in last few games, he quickly reverted to his old self later in the game, when Kane was passing him like a Sunday League player.

Under the current market, if we can get 10m for him, I hope we sell him.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta's doing his best with these ****s in the back line.

Mustafi panics under pressure and always has. Expecting Raul and Edu to extend his contract. We're a mess.

Jae

His main issue is he looks like he's treading water when he runs. He got left for dust by Kane multiple times :lol: who isn't exactly known for his pace.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He completely collapsed. From assured early on and not diving in only to transform into an Olympic level diver.

He completely lost his head, his composure and with it the capacity to make rational decisions instead playing on gut and emotion. While it didn't cost us the game it stopped us getting back in it. The breakdown sucked confidence from the team and handed Sp**s the momentum. We were there to be got at they knew it, we knew it and everyone knew there were mistakes to be made.

The collapse of one player inflicted damage on everyone. The weak link broke the chain. Time to go we cannot have that liability anymore. 9 games playing well cannot mask the 1 game where it impacts the momentum of 22 players on the pitch.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

He completely collapsed. From assured early on and not diving in only to transform into an Olympic level diver.

He completely lost his head, his composure and with it the capacity to make rational decisions instead playing on gut and emotion. While it didn't cost us the game it stopped us getting back in it. The breakdown sucked confidence from the team and handed Sp**s the momentum. We were there to be got at they knew it, we knew it and everyone knew there were mistakes to be made.

The collapse of one player inflicted damage on everyone. The weak link broke the chain. Time to go we cannot have that liability anymore. 9 games playing well cannot mask the 1 game where it impacts the momentum of 22 players on the pitch.
Whilst I agree with all that, Kolasinac's terrible pass and Luiz's slowness to react did us no favour's either. Sp**s could smell the fear at the back, mid battle.

But Mustafi always breaks when the pressure's on, and then the rout starts.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Lost his head completely. I couldn’t believe what I was watching at times. His lunging in, constantly getting the wrong side of Kane, terrible choices of pass.

He started the game okay then after we conceded he never looked right.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mustafi has 1 year left we have to take advantage of it and sell him for like 10m maybe some Italian or Spanish team will bite

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Whilst I agree with all that, Kolasinac's terrible pass and Luiz's slowness to react did us no favour's either. Sp**s could smell the fear at the back, mid battle.

But Mustafi always breaks when the pressure's on, and then the rout starts.
We were very sluggish early on. Martinez gave a **** pass then went unpunished as then Pepe took a ridiculous touch that should have seen us fall behind.

We regained composure and scored. We then never got a chance to turn the screw because Kolasnic ballsed up. I'm not blaming Luiz he was completely wrong footed.

But even then we regained composure kept things relatively tight had possession for long periods.

In my eyes when we made mistakes we recovered. Martinez had a strong game, Pepe grew into it and for his booking would have stayed on. Luiz got over an early mistake and Kolasnic kept going after that horror pass. Mustafi however failed to recover and time and time again he was exposed. His confidence went and he became rash which sent the whole team into panic.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We were very sluggish early on. Martinez gave a **** pass then went unpunished as then Pepe took a ridiculous touch that should have seen us fall behind.

We regained composure and scored. We then never got a chance to turn the screw because Kolasnic ballsed up. I'm not blaming Luiz he was completely wrong footed.

But even then we regained composure kept things relatively tight had possession for long periods.

In my eyes when we made mistakes we recovered. Martinez had a strong game, Pepe grew into it and for his booking would have stayed on. Luiz got over an early mistake and Kolasnic kept going after that horror pass. Mustafi however failed to recover and time and time again he was exposed. His confidence went and he became rash which sent the whole team into panic.
That account pretty much sums up the loss, apart from how Tierney got to mark Alderweireld. Per, Adams, Keown would have organised that better.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I can't take Mustafi getting another contract. What would be the point in watching us?

He is like undisciplined Siberian Husky. Think someone said it before. When that is the case you never trust him around toddlers.

Yesterday we allowed him close to toddler and then look away.

With dogs like this. You take them out for a nice walk and then you put them down with your most expensive riffle.

He won’t. Look at Arteta’s comments about him (and Lacazette) getting a new deal.

Then compare his tone to when asked about Saka/Aubameyang.

It would be classic Arsenal though giving a bumper contract to player that just show up for 3 games like Laca has now.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Arteta's doing his best with these ****s in the back line.

Mustafi panics under pressure and always has. Expecting Raul and Edu to extend his contract. We're a mess.
If they do. I hope the fans in London riot. Safely though....social distancing and all

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
:lol: Amazes me what I read on here. When were we ever mid table with Wenger? People got bored of being top 4 ffs, so they took him down. Even then he only missed out by 1 point the first year the protests started.

And Raul and Edu saw all the mistakes our defence and midfield were making under Emery and then decided to buy an aging Luiz to shore it up and a blow everything on a forward.

So where are we . . . mid table. But people have more faith in Raul and Edu . . . 3 managers later. SMH:eek:

Context mate. The league was no where near as strong back then. There are legit 7/8 teams now that could potentially finish in the top 4.

Who signed Mustafi/Xhaka/Kolasinac/Lacazette/Mkhi for huge money that crippled the club financially? Who neglected to sign the right type of player and got completely left behind by the modern game? Who failed to get any money for Özil/Sanchez ect ect ect.

The jury is out on Raul/Edu, but the signings of Pepe/KT/Saliba/Martinelli are promising. They have one hand tied behind their back due to the monumental mess by Wenger and Gazidis. This is indisputable.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Context mate. The league was no where near as strong back then. There are legit 7/8 teams now that could potentially finish in the top 4.

Who signed Mustafi/Xhaka/Kolasinac/Lacazette/Mkhi for huge money that crippled the club financially? Who neglected to sign the right type of player and got completely left behind by the modern game? Who failed to get any money for Özil/Sanchez ect ect ect.

The jury is out on Raul/Edu, but the signings of Pepe/KT/Saliba/Martinelli are promising. They have one hand tied behind their back due to the monumental mess by Wenger and Gazidis. This is indisputable.
Apart from the Leicester fluke there hasn't been a single season where any team outside the top spending 6 clubs have finished in the top 4 for years. Probably won't be one this year either. The top 4 richest squads, City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea will likely finish in the top 4.

Lower teams have only broken into the top 6 because Sp**s and Arsenal have gone down the toilet.

It's an illusion that the league is getting harder and one put about by fans trying make an excuse for the fact we're mid table now we've got rid of Wenger and Gazidis. In fact there's evidence that the EPL is getting easier, when was the last time 2 teams got over 90 points or 100 points even?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Apart from the Leicester fluke there hasn't been a single season where any team outside the top spending 6 clubs have finished in the top 4 for years. Probably won't be one this year either. The top 4 richest squads, City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea will likely finish in the top 4.

Lower teams have only broken into the top 6 because Sp**s and Arsenal have gone down the toilet.

It's an illusion that the league is getting harder and one put about by fans trying make an excuse for the fact we're mid table now we've got rid of Wenger and Gazidis. In fact there's evidence that the EPL is getting easier, when was the last time 2 teams got over 90 points or 100 points even?

Firstly, since 2014, Arsenal have a higher net spend than Liverpool. There is currently a 40 point difference between the two teams. That right there indicates that the club has been seriously mismanaged during the period. If I am not mistaken, Arsenal also have a higher net spend than Chelsea and Tottenham, who have both consistently finished above Arsenal in that period. So this suggest that finance decides league position is a non argument.

Secondly, the league has without a doubt gotten more competitive, especially the non top 6 sides. The quality Wolves/Leicester have is incomparible to the so called lesser teams in the league 10 years ago. Liverpool and Manchester City are all time great Premier League teams and the two best managers in the world, you can make the argument that they're the two best.

Under Wenger and Gazidis, the club spent huge money on very average players, and failed to recoup money for assets we did have. To get nothing Özil/Alexis/Ramsey/Wilshere/Sagna ect is an absolute disgrace. They are both a huge reason why we are in the position we are in currently. I don't see how this is up for debate.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Firstly, since 2014, Arsenal have a higher net spend than Liverpool. There is currently a 40 point difference between the two teams. That right there indicates that the club has been seriously mismanaged during the period. If I am not mistaken, Arsenal also have a higher net spend than Chelsea and Tottenham, who have both consistently finished above Arsenal in that period. So this suggest that finance decides league position is a non argument.

Secondly, the league has without a doubt gotten more competitive, especially the non top 6 sides. The quality Wolves/Leicester have is incomparible to the so called lesser teams in the league 10 years ago. Liverpool and Manchester City are all time great Premier League teams and the two best managers in the world, you can make the argument that they're the two best.

Under Wenger and Gazidis, the club spent huge money on very average players, and failed to recoup money for assets we did have. To get nothing Özil/Alexis/Ramsey/Wilshere/Sagna ect is an absolute disgrace. They are both a huge reason why we are in the position we are in currently. I don't see how this is up for debate.
Cost of squads:

City €1.04 bn
United €751m
Liverpool €639
Chelsea €561m
Arsenal €498m
Tottenham €465m

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2019/wp266/en/

Net spend is meaningless. Imagine 1 club sells a player for £150m and buys 3 players at £50m their net spend is £0. Another club sells nobody and buys two players at £50m. Their net spend is £100m. Both clubs have acquired 2 extra players at £50m, but it looks like the second club has spent more.

A squad often takes years to build, only the overall cost of the squad tells you about the investment the club has made. Arsenal have not spent huge money on players as you can see.

And using Özil, Alexis, Wilshere, Ramsey, and Sagna, whatever we get for them is a lot less of a disgrace than acquiring rank average players like Sokratis, Luiz, Guendouzi, Torreira, Mari, Lichsteiner, Cedric etc . . .that's why we're sliding. Still blaming Wenger after 2 years is a crazy. :lol: Feel sorry for Arteta having to work with this shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom