• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Klopp the most recent manager to rate Arteta and say we'll be challenging soon.

Are they just being nice or what?
Lol Klopp is chatting the most sh*t pretty much. Probably doesn’t even watch us anymore.

I dunno why they say these things, Pep does it a lot too (not just about his mate Arteta just in general).

Arteta meanwhile is like a couple steps away from setting up a gofundme campaign cause he’s looking at the team, found out he’s not getting funds and he’s panicking.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Genuinely think Arteta has very little to work with.

PL winner quality
Auba - Will he stay?
Tierney

Top 4 quality
Leno/Martinez
Bellerin
Pepe
Saka (Squad)
Martinelli (Squad)
Soares (Squad)

Unknowns
Ceballos
Saliba
Mari
Torreira

Not good enough/Leaving
Xhaka
Mustafi
Sokratis
Holding
Chambers
Kolasinac
Luiz
Özil
Lacazette
AMN
Willock
Nketiah

If the short term aim is regaining CL, he has 8 players you could say are good enough to contribute in some way to that. CL squads are usually a lot more than 8 players. If you're optimistic, some of the young players (Willock, Nketiah) will kick on. Then there are the unknowns. Could be PL winning quality, could turn out to not be good enough.

A betting man doesn't bet on that squad to achieve anything.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arteta meanwhile is like a couple steps away from setting up a gofundme campaign cause he’s looking at the team, found out he’s not getting funds and he’s panicking.
:rofl::rofl:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

PL winner quality
Auba - Will he stay?
Leno/Martinez
Tierney

Top 4 quality
Bellerin
Pepe
Saka (Squad)
Martinelli (Squad)
Soares (Squad)

Unknowns
Ceballos
Saliba
Mari
Torreira

Not good enough/Leaving
Xhaka
Mustafi
Sokratis
Holding
Chambers
Kolasinac
Luiz
Özil
Lacazette
AMN
Willock
Nketiah

If the short term aim is regaining CL, he has 8 players you could say are good enough to contribute in some way to that. CL squads are usually a lot more than 8 players. If you're optimistic, some of the young players (Willock, Nketiah) will kick on. Then there are the unknowns. Could be PL winning quality, could turn out to not be good enough.

A betting man doesn't begin that squad to achieve anything.
Think you could bump up quite a few of your not good enoughs to squad quality players for a CL side.

We've seen how great teams make bums look average and how investing in the spine just seems to make everyone better.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Think you could bump up quite a few of your not good enoughs to squad quality players for a CL side.

We've seen how great teams make bums look average and how investing in the spine just seems to make everyone better.

Yeah, I was perhaps harsh but for some it was more pragmatism. Hiding and Chambers are incapable of remaining fit for any amount of time to count on them, Sokratis wants to go, Kolasinac should be sold as too expensive, Lacazette likewise. I perhaps should have out Willock, Nketiah in the unknowns section

What I would say is we haven't got CL in years and it's been that squad that haven't got it

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I was literally just about to say this.
Yeah, I was perhaps harsh but for some it was more pragmatism. Hiding and Chambers are incapable of remaining fit for any amount of time to count on them, Sokratis wants to go, Kolasinac should be sold as too expensive, Lacazette likewise. I perhaps should have out Willock, Nketiah in the unknowns section

What I would say is we haven't got CL in years and it's been that squad that haven't got it
Decent list I largely agree.
I’d have put Lacazette (Surprise surprise) and Hale end gang in squad/top 4 section myself.

We can keep any two of these central mids I feel, just need to sell one and bring in one top quality one.

Ornstein says Maitland niles is out of here though.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Klopp the most recent manager to rate Arteta and say we'll be challenging soon.

Are they just being nice or what?

No Klopp is pretty straight up. I remember his first interview, he said we will win a league title in 4 years Liverpool that is.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

I was literally just about to say this.

Decent list I largely agree.
I’d have put Lacazette (Surprise surprise) and Hale end gang in squad/top 4 section myself.

We can keep any two of these central mids I feel, just need to sell one and bring in one top quality one.

Yeah, some of those players might be good enough alongside an excellent partner but are we going to sign any excellent footballers? Think we need to look at signing a squad of good reasonably priced players and then once we get CL, augment with some excellent players

At the moment we don't have a spine that would get in any other top 6 team. Other than Leno and Auba if you count him

We should try and get a CB, CM, AM and Striker from PL or proven quality but not overpriced a la Partey

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah, some of those players might be good enough alongside an excellent partner but are we going to sign any excellent footballers?
To be honest man, probably not.

I don't think our scatter gun approach has ever worked really, I would rather we concentrated on two ideal signings no matter the price (like Allison and Van Dijk pardon the spelling). Sadly I do not think this is possible and your scenario of several squaddies sounds way more likely.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought Arteta's interview was one of the best I've ever heard from someone associated with the club. It's clear he recognises the culture of the club has to change top to bottom, and has now really made that public. The message he's sent is 'I want to win, do you' to KSE, which is so refreshing after years of political answers from Wenger and Gazidis.

Let's hope KSE back this guy, I am hoping the recent restructuring of the clubs debt, as well as the City FFP verdict, will cause them to invest. Given the tone of Arteta's interview, I think they will, but time will tell.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Let's wait? How long bro.

@DanDare think your list is harsh. Leno has proved himself to be a top level keeper. Also look at Henderson at pool. Not great but fits the team perfectly. I feel like xhaka could be that for us.

Ashybashy86

All these managers saying nice things about the club are no longer threatened. I actually find some of the insincere things they say condescending.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think its refreshing to have an Arsenal manager say, if we dont spend, we're fvcked! In the past our managers have said we can only do what our budget allows us. This is true but its not as in your face as Arteta's statement. He's basically saying to Kroneke, if you never want to see CL again, carry on as you are. If you do want CL then wake up and smell the fvcking coffee!

I know we can only spend so much, and it wont be as much as City or Utd but we can structure our future in a way that allows us to compete for players and finish top 4. We dont actually need lots of players. A top CB to go with Saliba, Partey and attacking CM. We also need to keep Auba.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

I think its refreshing to have an Arsenal manager say, if we dont spend, we're fvcked! In the past our managers have said we can only do what our budget allows us. This is true but its not as in your face as Arteta's statement. He's basically saying to Kroneke, if you never want to see CL again, carry on as you are. If you do want CL then wake up and smell the fvcking coffee!

I know we can only spend so much, and it wont be as much as City or Utd but we can structure our future in a way that allows us to compete for players and finish top 4. We dont actually need lots of players. A top CB to go with Saliba, Partey and attacking CM. We also need to keep Auba.
Top post. Arteta seems a good manager putting up with players he knows are cack. Nudging Kroenke in the ribs is no bad thing. Trouble is he's only the coach, not the manager. Raul and Edu are ruling the transfer side, which so far is an absolute mess.

Manberg

Predator
Not necessarily. You've got to think it took Klopp 6 windows (3 summer and 3 winter) to get the players he wanted and the players that would work in his own system.

Klopp signed Robertson, Ox, Salah, Van Dijk, Alisson, Shaqiri, Fabinho and Keita in pretty much one year. From the 22nd of June when he signed Salah, to July 18th when Alisson was signed in 2018.

In his first summer Mane and Wijnaldum were the major signings. So in two years he highlighted exactly what he needed and 7 out of his 10 money signings are in his main starting 11 that have won the league and CL.

In just one year Klopp spent £326M and in that same year sold around £200M worth of players. Coutinho being the biggest sale of course. Coutinho money pretty much went on VVD.

Arteta has a better base to work from in terms of youngsters and depth than Klopp originally did.

Klopp had backing. This next transfer window will tell what kind of backing Arteta has.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

PL winner quality
Auba - Will he stay?
Tierney

Top 4 quality
Leno/Martinez
Bellerin
Pepe
Saka (Squad)
Martinelli (Squad)
Soares (Squad)

Unknowns
Ceballos
Saliba
Mari
Torreira

Not good enough/Leaving
Xhaka
Mustafi
Sokratis
Holding
Chambers
Kolasinac
Luiz
Özil
Lacazette
AMN
Willock
Nketiah

A betting man doesn't bet on that squad to achieve anything.
That squad is nothing but potential + bang average in the main, with the odd jewel thrown in like Auba and um, er, um . . . .

Imagine Klopp getting that lot and limited funds to invest on top. He'd be in the same place Arteta is.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Let's wait? How long bro.

@DanDare think your list is harsh. Leno has proved himself to be a top level keeper. Also look at Henderson at pool. Not great but fits the team perfectly. I feel like xhaka could be that for us.
Mate you lost all credibility last summer when your long ramblings tried to explain to me what a superb transfer window it was, and how I was moaning and didn't understand how throwing nearly everything at a winger would take the pressure off our **** defence. :lol::lol:

Hows that worked out?

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Top post. Arteta seems a good manager putting up with players he knows are cack. Nudging Kroenke in the ribs is no bad thing. Trouble is he's only the coach, not the manager. Raul and Edu are ruling the transfer side, which so far is an absolute mess.

This is one of those moments that it seems obvious to everyone.

You invest to improve to stop standing still to stop falling behind to stop losing money

How much have we lost because we waited until 2016 to buy a CB? Van Dijk moved to Southampton that summer(2015). We bought Gabriel Paulista the summer before for the same amount. No way he was less of a gamble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom