• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Let's wait? How long bro.

@DanDare think your list is harsh. Leno has proved himself to be a top level keeper. Also look at Henderson at pool. Not great but fits the team perfectly. I feel like xhaka could be that for us.

17973074-0-image-a-20_1567428002125.jpg

Granit Xhaka made another costly mistake in Arsenal's draw with Tottenham... no outfield player has made more errors leading to goals in the Premier League since 2016

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...leading-goals-Premier-League-player-2016.html

Since then he's had a meltdown and had to be taken out of the squad.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In order to being in top quality you have to be a top four team that competes. We may end the season a mid table team completely out of Europe. It's about building a squad that can take you the place that allows you to afford top quality.

Waiting with what you have does what exactly? You can't improve. The teams around you improve. If you can't buy the player you want, then you buy a cheaper version who can do a similar job and who will have resale value for when you want to buy one.

He says we can't stand still, then he says we have to wait for the right player. Make your mind up.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Mate you lost all credibility last summer when your long ramblings tried to explain to me what a superb transfer window it was, and how I was moaning and didn't understand how throwing nearly everything at a winger would take the pressure off our **** defence. :lol::lol:

Hows that worked out?
?
We had like £40m-50 not including player sales to spend or something in that region that summer and we've paid like 15m roughly for pepe for far.

Tierney
Pepe
Saliba

I've probably forgot someone but that's not bad, particularly Tierney and Saliba who are clearly good siginings.
We needed a winger and didn't have 70-80 mil at hand for an already established one.

Luiz was shocking business however.

Pepe is up for debate for sure but stop acting like the club spent their entire budget on a question mark :lol:

Completely not the case. Get used to similar deals in the future.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Top post. Arteta seems a good manager putting up with players he knows are cack. Nudging Kroenke in the ribs is no bad thing. Trouble is he's only the coach, not the manager. Raul and Edu are ruling the transfer side, which so far is an absolute mess.

Yes, having the funds and spending them wisely is key. I still think Pepe will come good next season. He hasn't been too bad and perhaps gets shot down a bit too much due to his price tag. Its up to us to get the best out of him, we haven't so far!

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
We need a Leader. They cost money. Preferably in midfield. Then a World Class CB, and depending on formation, a very good RB and a wing back. Another top class midfielder, one that could play wide as well, and as this is fantasy football time, a proven goalscorer.
Then we also have to get replacements for the squad players that hopefully will leave.
Two years minimum to get that lot, and then another year to get then to play as a team.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we could sell Özil and Laca and a couple of other high- earning players in the summer, and start the rebuilding?

*putscrackpipedown*

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This is one of those moments that it seems obvious to everyone.

You invest to improve to stop standing still to stop falling behind to stop losing money

How much have we lost because we waited until 2016 to buy a CB? Van Dijk moved to Southampton that summer(2015). We bought Gabriel Paulista the summer before for the same amount. No way he was less of a gamble.

It is obvious and we have spent, not all of it wisely though. The Guardian article says we have lost £100m for not being in CL last 3 years. That will increase further next season without CL and maybe even more loss due to no EL. The recent loan restructuring by Kroenke should help and we do have players to sell. We then have to buy wisely on 3 key players. CB, DM, CM and keep Auba. Its down to Raul & Co to get the right players. If he does I think next season we'll be top 4, then we build to go for the title again.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
?
We had like £40m-50 not including player sales to spend or something in that region that summer and we've paid like 15m roughly for pepe for far.

Tierney
Pepe
Saliba

I've probably forgot someone but that's not bad, particularly Tierney and Saliba who are clearly good siginings.
We needed a winger and didn't have 70-80 mil at hand for an already established one.

Pepe is up for debate for sure but stop acting like the club spent their entire budget on a question mark :lol:

Nearly all transfers are paid for in instalments unless you're paying the release clause. You're acting like it's something new with Pepe lmao.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nearly all transfers are paid for in instalments unless you're paying the release clause. You're acting like it's something new with Pepe lmao.
Not at all

If he's sh*t hes sh*t, but to say we blew our entire budget on him is just not true and the uninformed just latch on to that and foam at the mouth.

Feel free to think what you want about a player but why make stuff up because we hate them like, whats the point?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Ah fk it, I've decided Arteta should jsut go 3-5-2 to get all our performing/least-worst players on the pitch. Everyone can hang on to teh ball and pass most of the time, great counter attack with Auba and Laca able to stay a bit more forward and we still have great licence for our wing backs to get forward.

--------------Auba-----Laca
Tierney----Saka-----Ceballos-----Bellerin
-----------------Xhaka-----------
-------Holding---Luiz-----Mustafi

This will disgust many of you, but my opinions already do :shrug

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

?

Tierney
Pepe
Saliba

I said at the time Saliba's deferral won't save Emery and so it proved.

Pepe's fee was £72m, and the fact that it was amortised makes not one jot of difference, just less money in the future to play with. Pretending he only cost £15m, so it wasn't that much is plain crazy.

We had a back log of bang average CBs and then bought an aging Chelsea reject, and worse, a rash aging Chelsea reject, to add to a bunch of rash players we had already. A loanee to replace Ramsey and yet another unknown unproven forward.

Tierney was the shining light in an absolute shambles of a transfer window. And here we are mid table.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Not at all

If he's sh*t hes sh*t, but to say we blew our entire budget on him is just not true and the uninformed just latch on to that and foam at the mouth.

Feel free to think what you want about a player but why make stuff up because we hate them like, whats the point?
OK if he only cost £15m, we blew this years budget on him. You can't write off nearly £60m with words.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I said at the time Saliba's deferral won't save Emery and so it proved.

Pepe's fee was £72m, and the fact that it was amortised makes not one jot of difference, just less money in the future to play with. Pretending he only cost £15m, so it wasn't that much is plain crazy.

We had a back log of bang average CBs and then bought an aging Chelsea reject, and worse, a rash aging Chelsea reject, to add to a bunch of rash players we had already. A loanee to replace Ramsey and yet another unknown unproven forward.

Tierney was the shining light in an absolute shambles of a transfer window. And here we are mid table.
My point is if we had 80 mil to spend on a winger we might not have got Pepe as we were linked with Zaha. Plus the main reason I piped up is because you keep saying weve blown our entire budget on an admittedly questionable player.

Saying something that isn't true to make yourself mad is just as crazy as calling a 72 mil player 15 mil (which nobody said).

Rest of what you said is correct.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

My point is if we had 80 mil to spend on a winger we might not have got Pepe as we were linked with Zaha. Plus the main reason I piped up is because you keep saying weve blown our entire budget on an admittedly questionable player.

Saying something that isn't true to make yourself mad is just as crazy as calling a 72 mil player 15 mil (which nobody said).

Rest of what you said is correct.
Very true. You're hard to wind up bro :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I've been on these boards for years :lol: but I like your posts usually hence I responded.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Before he took over, surely the club would’ve told him what his budgets would’ve been in the coming years?

Would love us to get spanked today, just puts more pressure on the club. A win would paper over the cracks.

Top Bottom