• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Our attack is completely disjointed and a new player has had 3 managers so far. He needs a full season under Mikel with some creative players behind him.

You see I'd buy that with Lacazette because hes somewhat of a poacher, has shown some great fininshing. can turn and shoot from any angle and his all round game is decent and even at his worst hes a nuisance to the other team. I just dont see much in Pepe that he will come good here, and how many matches are we willing to sacrifice, how many points for him?

LG10

What a bunch of rubbish. ****ed up 2 golden chances on the counter attack, all he needed to do was making a simple through ball to Nelson who ahd given him the ball a second previously, another time Willock gave him the ball on the wing, made a run outside and Pepe decided to not put him theough and instead just meandered back the way and lost the ball. He makes the team worse, footballing education what kind of sh*t is that, you can either pass the ball or you can't its not about positioning or where you grew up or any of that sh*t.
I agree he was garbage today and I was very angry at his misplays as well but playing him on the left was a terrible idea and he needs a second season

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I agree he was garbage today and I was very angry at his misplays as well but playing him on the left was a terrible idea and he needs a second season

Like I can't see him going this soon so he'll get another season alright, I just dont think he deserves to start. Like whatever about anything else it is the passing that kills any enthusiasm for me, its Arsenal you have to be able to pass... and yes some of our other players aren't great either but they should be gone as well.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
To be fair. They battered us today. He was the worst of the front line but there was no service. Our two goals were turnovers.

I like him and advocate for him but overall he doesn't look like he knows what to do in this team

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't think he was helped by being played on the opposite side - however, I thought he was poor not just because of that, but there was a distinct lack of application from him that I found to be a little ugly. There wasn't much urgency or focus in his play. He just kinda meandered through this game not really making an impact on anything around him. Contrast to Nelson on the other flank, who was definitely not that much better himself, but applied himself by pressing, and putting himself in the right positions to cause the opposition problems and ended up making his own luck by scoring and pressing the mistake for Laca to score.

Don't wanna pile on Pepe, he's talented but he is not doing the basic stuff at the moment and his flashes of brilliance are too few and far inbetween at the moment. Got a lot of work to do.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pepe is just at the moment complicating things he dribble too much he run stright at defenders and want to do everything by himself he'll need to learn it's team game. At Lille was more simple for him because the league quality not high and he was playing with more stable team and with clean plan

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Next season will be the real barometer to how I view the Pepe signing. A tough first season is not out of the norm when arriving in a new league, but considering his age, he'll need to string together some solid performances soon. It's the least we could expect of him; he's our record signing after all fair or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom