• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Okay performance. Lost the ball stupidly for a a Leicester counter attack. Yes I’m being pedantic but I’m only here to remind you he’s not top 4 quality.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Okay performance. Lost the ball stupidly for a a Leicester counter attack. Yes I’m being pedantic but I’m only here to remind you he’s not top 4 quality.

If we had the same form we have with him in the team under Arteta over the entire season we would be comfortably Top 4.

...But I forget, our team performing better with him in it than without him is apparently despite him.

RunTheTrap

If we had the same form we have with him in the team under Arteta over the entire season we would be comfortably Top 4.

...But I forget, our team performing better with him in it than without him is apparently despite him.
Key word being “if” evidence shows we don’t finish top 4 with him in the team.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

There are single people who genuinely think their tough times are because they’re no longer with their ex. Not their own ****ty life choices.

Over the course of his career here we’ve had astronomically **** results both with and without Xhaka. None of that affects how he should be judged as a player, only his own performance should do that.

He was decent in the first half v Leicester but faded badly in the 2nd half like the rest.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Xhaka has been solid over the last several games. No real mistakes, good work and defensive covering. Moved the ball on well in the first half especially. Nice to see him recover from the **** storm during the last autumn. Showed a lot of character!

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
We have to replace him no matter what in the window. We can't keep trying to cover for his flaws and tune our tactics around such a limited player. We'll always be prone to errors if our central playmaker is this guy. The entire team suffers because of him similar to Özil.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
3 Brilliant passes from Xhaka and a key intervention before our first goal. Actually offered more pressing and passing in the Sp**s half than normal, but when Sp**s stretched the game by playing long his lack of athleticism became an issue. A good not great performance from a good but limited player.

RunTheTrap

People saying he helped control the game? On the ball he was good but fairly predictable. Not enough penetration with his passes. He can’t carry the ball up the field and his only outlet pass was out wide to Tierney. I don’t know but in his earlier seasons he was quite good at breaking lines and switching the ball but he does this less and less under Arteta. Off the ball he struggled, a powerful midfield like Sp**s was always going to physically outmatch Cellabos and Xhaka. No surprise there. But the thing that horrified me the most was as soon as Arteta went to a back 4, our shape completely crumpled and Sp**s ran through the middle at least 3 times. It just shows how limited this midfield is.

RunTheTrap

Plus I don’t get why people were praising him for obstructing Aurier for the Lacazette goal. If Aurier went down, VAR would have ruled that goal as disallowed and he may have been booked.

KenyanGoon

Ceballos was a lot better today. Xhaka did have some good through balls though but he always makes our transition play so slow. Its like he only has one gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom