• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunners1616

He not being disrespected we already playing with 3 cb and 2 wingback we can't have another defensive minded player in the team. Also Ceballos Xhaka been good Torreira would definitely play if we play 433
Well i understand that we had to switch to a back 5 when we had so many injuries including defenders and also Lucas.

But Holding and Sokratis are back as well as Torreira. If you have those two in defense with a Torreira and Xhaka as protection it's pretty decent. In this 4-3-3 no need to drop Ceballos.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Really hate how Lucas is disrespected and not well used in this team. First Emery started using him as offensive midfielder and now Arteta doesn't seem to rate him at all.

Hope he can find a club that will better utilizes his skills and actually let him develop.

Not so long ago dude was winning 3 MOTM trophies in a row like nothing...

Dte1XMqX4AEgkWZ.jpg

I don't get what people love about this guy, probably the most useless/pointless player on our team.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't get what people love about this guy, probably the most useless/pointless player on our team.
The whole team is pointless and it's all about finding which pieces could potentially work for next season. If Arteta doesn't like Pepe and Torreira, that's fine, but I'd like to listen for alternatives before we bin them. Right now, these alternatives aren't proving him right and the team is still diabolical in both attacking and defending.
IMO, he is by far our best midfielder when he plays just in front of the defence, but we've seen some really bad games where he played different roles and most of the fans remember only those games.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wonder if Arteta rates/ would use him

He has some obvious flaws but as a classic DM could he be of use?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wonder if Arteta rates/ would use him
Our recent managers haven't.

I personally suspect its due to his passing. There is definitely a place for him on our team I just question his ceiling.

Those reports every now and then about him crying about Italy hasn't endeared me towards him as well.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Our recent managers haven't.

I personally suspect its due to his passing. There is definitely a place for him on our team I just question his ceiling.

Those reports every now and then about him crying about Italy hasn't endeared me towards him as well.

You have to question his character also, he's always diving and I swear I've seen him cry on the pitch more times than any other Arsenal player and he's been here like what 2 years?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

you definitely didn't imagine it :lol:

Twice off the top of my head, once when Xhaka got booed off against Palace and again when he got subbed against Chelsea under Emery.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Doesnt work in a midfield two, has too much ground to cover. Wouldn't mind AMN to come in at half time.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I like Torreira, I think he can work very well in the right setting as a ball-winning midfielder sitting behind two well-rounded midfielders, but at this moment with Arteta as our manager, we ain't it. He'd do wonders in Italy, should explore that market to find a partner. Napoli, for example. He's young and established enough to sell on a profit.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I thought he made a difference last night with his relentless pressing.

Still really like him. Sellable though.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
One of my favorite players but if we are going to play football like that, he should look for a better club than Arsenal and make a career elsewhere.
Too bad he didn't join us in some different times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom