• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The guy scores a goal out of a defensive error and fanboys want him to sign a new 5 year deal smh. Just admit you fancy him already.

There's nothing wrong with being attracted to Laca. He's a good looking guy. You should not feel shame brother. More often than not you are the only person in here, seemingly arguing with yourself. It's clear why.

Be comfortable in your own desires, you will find the forum to be most welcoming place towards you.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He works his socks off nearly every game, hes great in the box. He goes in and out of form but he always plays to a decent level. Like he has 2 years on his contract, it might sound insane but I dont think we can get anyone near his level for his position and it might be a better option to just keep him for the 2 years while we bed in nketiah and martinelli. However, if we can trade him for someone like Partey (or for Dybala and 30 million--- one can dream) hes probably better traded.
That was Giroud, and that is the reason we were no better than CL hopefuls while he was here.

At €200k/week?
hard to quantify wages. You need two strikers who are around the same level.

If he agrees to sit around on the bench mostly, then I wouldn't mind.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
hard to quantify wages. You need two strikers who are around the same level.

If he agrees to sit around on the bench mostly, then I wouldn't mind.
Not that hard to quantify. He's the third best earner with £180k, just behind Auba with £200k and obviously Özil.

There's quite a drop-off to Luiz at £120k as fourth best earner (and quite a few players at £100k).

Nearly £10m a year, excluding bonuses, for someone riding the bench seems irresponsible to me. Nketiah provides good back-up to whoever is our first striker imo and he's probably at 1/8th of the wages. Few teams have two top quality strikers. In my opinion, the big problem is that we don't really have a first choice striker if Auba is considered a LW by Arteta.

Lacazette not good enough as a starting option and too expensive as a bench option.

By all accounts it seems our financial situation is quite challenging.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I don`t rate him that highly and would sell if we can get 25M or more. But he deserves credit for his performances lately. With his future uncertain and his place taken by a younggster he could easily have been going through the motions rest of the season. Instead he has given everything and scored some goals and got an important penalty. He has a bit of a nasty streak to him too which I like, will put himself about and commit cynical fouls when he has to. Fair play to him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lacazette not good enough as a starting option and too expensive as a bench option.
On 18/19 form and project restart form he's good enough to compliment Auba.

If he was injured for most of this season and that news came out then I would be happy to keep him but realistically you don't offer a new contract after the season he just had unless there's a very good explanation.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Great performance as of late, proud of my boy. A transfer might still be on the cards of course, but it still very nice to see.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
One moment I really liked last night from Laca, was that bizarre moment when Torreira just picked up the ball after the linesman raised his flag for offside, even though the ref had waved play on and hadn't blown his whistle...Laca walked up to Lucas and was like "What the **** are you doing, you idiot!?"

That made me chuckle :lol:

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Someone hungry with potential, either playing at a midtable team or in a lower league.

Players at the level of Memphis, Edouard, Moussa Dembele etc
all gambles but yeah I guess we could (if spending wasn't a problem).

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Someone hungry with potential as back-up. That's Martinelli people...Or Nketiah.

Depay or Dembele come in as first choice strikers, if we don't want Auba there.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Oh, he's definitely good enough, but our midfield surely isn't able to provide for him. Get in a few midfielders who can actually create chances and Laca will more often than not score.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Overall it's been a disappointing season performance wise from Lacazette after how good Lacazette was last season. Glad to see Lacca looking sharp the past few games amd showing the level of peformances he produced last season.

Agree with this. What I don’t get is the posters who insist he was crap last season too, a season where he won the popular vote?

Not that fussed if he stay or goes TBH, along with the majority of our squad if I’m being honest. But it’s odd how so many people (not limited to this forum) have completely turned against him after one off season.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Agree with this. What I don’t get is the posters who insist he was crap last season too, a season where he won the popular vote?

Not that fussed if he stay or goes TBH, along with the majority of our squad if I’m being honest. But it’s odd how so many people (not limited to this forum) have completely turned against him after one off season.
I turned against him and I was his biggest fan here since he signed for us. You can't have off season at this level. You can have a bad patch and then get back to your full potential, but he wasted a whole year here, and on top of that, he does cost a lot.
Even with his late decent performances, this season was awful from him and it will be a struggle to convince fans and the manager to play him next season.
If he can keep playing for the next 2 years like he did recently or last season, I would keep him but without a new contract.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I've been really impressed with Lace our last few games, if only he'd play like this all the time. I'll be happy to keep him for another year but if good money comes in for him I wouldn't hesitate either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom