• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | Wednesday July 15 | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Liverpool win

Votes: 35 56.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Nothing against him personally bro. He panics when the pressure's on. In a fast and hard league that's not a good trait. He's let all 4 managers down and needs to be sold asap.

I know you like to defend our players from your part of the world. But where players come from doesn't interest me. It's how they perform on the pitch.

It is not that Mustafi is from this area but he did have decent performances under Arteta normally. Even Van Dijk was outplayed by a teenager last night. the best defender in the world at the moment.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It is not that Mustafi is from this area but he did have decent performances under Arteta normally. Even Van Dijk was outplayed by a teenager last night. the best defender in the world at the moment.
All defenders and goalkeepers make mistakes, it's the frequency that matters.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

You know, I got up at 5am to watch that game over here in Australia, I am so proud to have ignored my original thought to ignore it & sleep in & miss it hahaha. For me, it shouldn't matter that we defended that whole 2nd half pretty much, Klopp wasn't happy so of course he was going to have them fired up that half. We should be proud that our attackers forced them into errors unlike themselves by good pushing & that we didn't concede that full 2nd half. Out of 21 shots or something only had 3/4 on target aswell. Was great to see Klopps reaction & seeing him just in a pile of disbelief haha! COYG!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Looking back at the challenges now, no wonder I'm starting to say VAR & the referees are more & more corrupt, that was disgraceful not even checking, I bet you had it been our player no doubt he would have gone.

The team selections now, we don't pick Sead or Mustafi to start & we come out & put in a top defensive performance, 2nd half clean sheet despite all the defence we did. Soares is starting to impress me now & starting to get more confidence in him. What was the formation we played in the end today? I couldn't work it out at some stages today tbh.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I haven't been able to upload the image for some reason, the best picture from the match though was Mane in a heap on the ground with Holding just looking over him giving him a good look glare down. Mane can't seem to take it well when he gets fouled himself hahaha.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
This game annoyed me. I don't think this was a defensive masterclass either. We never looked in control. When a team has 24 shots on your goal, that isn't a good defensive performance.

If this game was at Anfield I'd have no complaints. But 31% possession, 3 shots, only 1 real chance created all game.

That wasn't Arsenal.

*If we do this on Saturday I'll be over the moon mind you.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The first 30 minutes were the worst I can remember, we really didn’t touch the ball.

Second half was basically 10 men behind the ball hanging on for dear life.

Only one team played football.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

I didn't see this game yet, but I'm in rage because of these incompetent refs. Borderline criminal.
According to John Cross:
The Football Association will not get involved as the referee dealt with the incident at the time and they will also not be looking at Aubameyang’s social media post.

It is also not being seen as a mistake on Tierney’s part because there is a double threshold when it comes to deciding on those challenges as being potential red cards.

It has to be seen as being both a high challenge and also a full point of contact and yet the VAR deemed that replays showed it brushed Saka rather than fully caught him.

madness

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When did Jose become my boy?

Arsenal at home not able to string two passes, I don’t know. Work in progress I guess.

I agree, if anyone is your boy it's Potch.

Did find this that made me laugh...

it's difficult for AM to handle a Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Sp**s Fan.

You have so many wins to enjoy every weekend, what a life.

...in response to you enjoying a last minute Sp**s winner v Southampton in the cup...you are a very unique Arsenal fan :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

According to John Cross:
The Football Association will not get involved as the referee dealt with the incident at the time and they will also not be looking at Aubameyang’s social media post.

It is also not being seen as a mistake on Tierney’s part because there is a double threshold when it comes to deciding on those challenges as being potential red cards.

It has to be seen as being both a high challenge and also a full point of contact and yet the VAR deemed that replays showed it brushed Saka rather than fully caught him.

madness

That literally makes no sense, he made contact studs up.

Isn’t VAR in place to correct referees when they make bad decisions? Any excuse not to card Liverpool’s golden boy.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta:
“And we need a bigger squad to compete in this competition. That’s the challenge. It’s a massive job. You only have to look at the difference between the two teams - it’s enormous.”

He knows that his squad is ****, which says a lot. We've got Auba, Tierney, maybe Pepe if he adjusts to the Premier League eventually and . . . . . that's about it in terms of sure fire top 4 quality. The rest is 'potential' and players that probably wouldn't get in any other side in the top 6.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
This game annoyed me. I don't think this was a defensive masterclass either. We never looked in control. When a team has 24 shots on your goal, that isn't a good defensive performance.

If this game was at Anfield I'd have no complaints. But 31% possession, 3 shots, only 1 real chance created all game.

That wasn't Arsenal.

*If we do this on Saturday I'll be over the moon mind you.
What's arsenal? Wenger? It was beautiful, sometimes effective and many times ineffective mainly in CL. You don't analyses a game only with shots. And that weren't all in target or with danger. We played the way it hurts Liverpool. The other way is to play like city or Barcelona at home. Do we have the players to do that? Do we have Messi? De Bruyne, Silva? No we don't, so the only way is to play like Simeone or Mou, which is something some praid for, they wanted Someone, Mou or Alegrii here, and they are nothing like Wenger, which is what I suppose you are referring to what's Arsenal.

So why keep moaning about a win where we at least watched some putos cojones like they say in Spain. They put a lot of effort which is something we don't see usually at Arsenal, they were organised at defending and I could see at the very last end some nice one touch plays at the wing, resulting in the wide away shot by Willock.

So yes, I am happy with the win and I see progress against champions, and baby steps unlike while Emery was here, when I saw retrocession instead.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
The first 30 minutes were the worst I can remember, we really didn’t touch the ball.

Second half was basically 10 men behind the ball hanging on for dear life.

Only one team played football.
so?
we are playing against liverpool
that's the way I'm expecting my team to play against Liverpool.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta

when the midfield and attackers saunter around leaving the defenders isolated, this is what happens. It happened to Van Dijk and it happens to Mustafi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom