• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
These owners, the board, everyone running the club the past 10-15 years, they've no spine. Arsenal is the biggest club in London, the 3rd biggest in England. They're idiots if they think it will always be that way. Another 10-15 years of this and Chelsea will overtake us with trophies, we'll be only the second biggest club in London and the 4th biggest in England.

Anyone with a smidgen of pride in the club would ensure that doesn't happen, but nah, it won't bother these people when our history gets trampled over and Chelsea overtakes us. They won't lose any sleep over it.

You don't deserve to be the biggest club in London with owners like these.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
These owners, the board, everyone running the club the past 10-15 years, they've no spine. Arsenal is the biggest club in London, the 3rd biggest in England. They're idiots if they think it will always be that way. Another 10-15 years of this and Chelsea will overtake us with trophies, we'll be only the second biggest club in London and the 4th biggest in England.

Anyone with a smidgen of pride in the club would ensure that doesn't happen, but nah, it won't bother these people when our history gets trampled over and Chelsea overtakes us. They won't lose any sleep over it.

You don't deserve to be the biggest club in London with owners like these.

That's what happens when you sell to someone who isnt really that interested being a football owner and is more worried about being a business man.

Abramovich bought chelsea to put them and him on the map. Like a rich mans toy. A Ferrari to show off.

When hanging out with his rich mates he owned a football team winning the PL and CL. Something to boast about.

Kronke is purely a business man and if he continues to make money why would he invest his own coin. Especially when he has seen how bad we are with the money we actually have.

If I was an owner and I saw the players we signed with the clubs money over the last 10 years I certainly wouldnt trust them with my own. And that under different managers, different chairmen and different regimes.

I said before for Arsenal to go anywhere we need to stumble on our very own class of 92 and I dont think Nelson, Willock, Saka, Medley, ESR, Nketiah are going to be at that level. Good players yes but hard to emulate the likes of Beckham, Scholes etc

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That's what happens when you sell to someone who isnt really that interested being a football owner and is more worried about being a business man.

Abramovich bought chelsea to put them and him on the map. Like a rich mans toy. A Ferrari to show off.

When hanging out with his rich mates he owned a football team winning the PL and CL. Something to boast about.

Kronke is purely a business man and if he continues to make money why would he invest his own coin. Especially when he has seen how bad we are with the money we actually have.

If I was an owner and I saw the players we signed with the clubs money over the last 10 years I certainly wouldnt trust them with my own. And that under different managers, different chairmen and different regimes.

I said before for Arsenal to go anywhere we need to stumble on our very own class of 92 and I dont think Nelson, Willock, Saka, Medley, ESR, Nketiah are going to be at that level. Good players yes but hard to emulate the likes of Beckham, Scholes etc

But its worth noting not all of the class of 92 became world class.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The hale end gang for the moment are there to suppliment the squad. Stan has basically consolidated the debt, if he doesnt invest on the pitch then the clubs value will go down. This is the prime time to invest.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

I know, man, but I just don't get it. Imagine actually being the owner of the biggest football club in London, that's such a flex, such a power move. And imagine just not giving a sh*t and letting it slide into mediocrity. It's criminal.

Yeah there won't be another class of 92, I mean the fact that we still talk about the class of 92 nearly 30 years later tells you how rare and special that was. I reckon probably only Saka will really make it, hopefully a couple of the others can play a role too.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Theres a fairly good theory that eh didn't buy it as vanity thing but a safety thing. Like in Russia Putin can knock off whoever he wants and nobody pays attention, like if you heard Russian millionaire assassinated on the news you wouldn't pay much attention (if it even made the news). Now if you heard Abromovich owner of Chelsea FC, massive English football club was murdered that makes international news and brings a lot more attention.

Because he put forward an initial investment and didn't stick a load of debt on top of Chelsea and didn't hire a bunch of idiots to run the club its done fairly well over the years. Meanwhile we have Kroenke who let Gazizdis and co. run the club in to the ground or well ... mid table.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Kroenke has placed more debt on the club.

The idea he's lumping the payment he used to buy the rest of the club on to the club itself is very worrying. Its essentially what the Glazers did at Utd and is essentially the reverse of self sufficient... as Trump's friend you can see where he gets his ideas... hes gonna build a debt around Arsenal and make the fans pay for it.

Now if the terms are more favourable to Arsenal ie. much lower payments over a longer period of time but same amount essentially or less then happy days. It will be interesting to see and this summer will give us a good indication of what they want for the club. Right now we cant sustain the costs we have and improve, any further debt will cripple the club more. We already have had amongst the highest ticket prices in Europe for years, how much longer can that continue when the team itself is nowhere near the top level.

I guess we'll have to wait and see where the debt Kroenke used to buy the rest of the shares debt ends up and who is going to be paying it.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
What's most absurd is that if you were trying to come up with the perfect conditions for a modern superclub, you would struggle to find better conditions that what Arsenal have.

You'd want it to be in a major city, preferably a capital city with lots of tourism. You'd want it to play in the most watched league in the world. You'd want it to have a big stadium. You'd want it to have a recognisable name and brand value. You'd want it to have a successful history and a global fan base.

A club with all those things plus a competent and ambitious ownership would automatically be one of the most envied clubs in Europe. You wouldn't even have to win every trophy under the sun, if you just had a good and competitive team and a club like that you'd be the envy of Europe and one of the most marketable clubs in the world.

But we're not the envy of Europe, for the last 10 years we've been the butt of every joke. To own a club with such perfect conditions for success and lead it to a point of universal ridicule, that takes a special kind of incompetence and apathy.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why does he actually want to own a football club or any sports team. Money? I’m sure they’re a plenty of better ventures for that.

Status? Why wouldn’t you want to invest and actually be able to say you own a dominate club.

At this point I think we’re best off hoping Josh Kroenke looks to make a name for himself with his inheritance. :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's simple really, this is a short term solution for the expected loss of revenue. Its neither a good thing or a bad thing, a decision that was not taken lightly and was guided by experts.

We as fans won't stand to gain from this at all, so yeah you guys are right about this bit.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Why does he actually want to own a football club or any sports team. Money? I’m sure they’re a plenty of better ventures for that.

Status? Why wouldn’t you want to invest and actually be able to say you own a dominate club.

At this point I think we’re best off hoping Josh Kroenke looks to make a name for himself with his inheritance. :lol:
Feel he has too many sports teams to not like sports. He has one in pretty much every major sport down to lacrosse & now e-sports.

You saw a glimpse of the fan in him interacting with players & around the game in Hard Knocks a few years ago. I though he sounded very knowledgeable speaking when the Rams went back to LA & in the old interviews you can dig up on youtube.... not just a cold asset buyer.

With us just seems a disconnect maybe physical distance or maybe the tension he was brought in with.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

The club is worth nearly 5 times what it was in 2007. Hes a franchise owner, in the u.s you can't lose money with them. Unfortunately you can destroy a premiership club because of the setup, leagues etc. He bought it and saw share price go up and revenue increasing, he has no idea why or how and he probably never looked in to anything but the bottom line always being in the green.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Something I really don't understand about our owner compared to his son Josh, it's pretty clear Stan has no interest in our club & doesn't give 2 hoots about our success & finance, couldn't care less at all.

On the other hand something interesting I read a few months back when Arteta got accepted as our head manager, Josh (Stans son) comes out & says stuff along the lines that he wants to see our club right up the top & wants to see lots of success & in the CL again for example. If he does why can't he at least give us a bit of money, he's part of KSE isn't he?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Something I really don't understand about our owner compared to his son Josh, it's pretty clear Stan has no interest in our club & doesn't give 2 hoots about our success & finance, couldn't care less at all.

On the other hand something interesting I read a few months back when Arteta got accepted as our head manager, Josh (Stans son) comes out & says stuff along the lines that he wants to see our club right up the top & wants to see lots of success & in the CL again for example. If he does why can't he at least give us a bit of money, he's part of KSE isn't he?

It's all lip service. Hes hardly going to say that while Arsenal is making us a profit we are happy with that.

They have to appear ambitious but without actually committing anything.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Well if he's doing it for sporting reasons, he's failing. And if he's doing it for financial reasons, he's failing. The club is becoming less valuable. it's gone from 5th most valuable in Europe in 2016 to 10th in 2020.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Tottenham Hotsp*r are now a more valuable club than Arsenal. Let that sink in. Tottenham, who have not won the league since the 1960's, are more valuable than Arsenal, the biggest club in London and 3rd biggest club in England. Shambles.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom