• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We're going nowhere with the current ownership. Since FFP is now more or less dead, it is all about money.

You want the richest owner you can find. The fit and proper person thing is a joke, so he can be any old dictator.

That is what football is these days. Take a non-entity like Manchester City, throw money at it, win things.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The number of times I heard a stadium full of Gooners sing the "spend some @!#$ing money" at Wenger. Well, now's the time to be singing it again. Maybe hire a plane to fly a banner over a certain ranch. I don't understand our finances because there's too much contradiction but our prestige and value is falling so hopefully we're rid of this leech sometime this decade. Until then, we're a dead club. Awful, awful owner.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I hate to defend the owners but look at what we've spent and more importantly who we've spent it on.

I'm not looking anything up so these prices are approx.

35m Xhaka
35m Mustafi
50m Auba
52m Lacazette
26m Torrieira
76m Pepe

Total 274m

Out of that 274m only 50m was well spent on Auba, that's 224m on players that are not good enough to take us forward. I know Kroenke doesnt put his hand in his own pocket but we have had money to spend, and we've spent it badly!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
There's no decent pattern to our buying, literally just random positions... we've never bought what we actually needed at the time to push forward. Wenger was the worst for that.

Maybe now KSE can put as much in as they want without having questions asked they will give us a little boost.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I hate to defend the owners but look at what we've spent and more importantly who we've spent it on.

35m Xhaka
35m Mustafi
50m Auba
52m Lacazette
26m Torrieira
76m Pepe

Total 274m

Out of that 274m only 50m was well spent on Auba, that's 224m on players that are not good enough to take us forward. I know Kroenke doesnt put his hand in his own pocket but we have had money to spend, and we've spent it badly!

And you have to look deeper into them signings.

Lacazette was opportunist. He was set for Atletico. We only went for him when it fell through and he had nowhere else to go.

Pepe was set for Napoli. No big club Barca or Real wanted him despite what people say. Then all of a sudden we swoop in at the last minute. Again. Did we identify him or really want him or was it more a case if he will go to Napoli he will come to us.

Mustafi was never worth 35m. He wasnt a top defender in Spain. He was very normal. Had failed in England before albeit he was very young. Didnt exactly have a wonderful standing in Italy.

Xhaka. Again middle of the road signing. You can find thousands of Granit Xhakas in football.

I thought Torreria would be a good player after watching him for Uruguay. Saying that Uruguay had a better defence and midfield with clear organisation.

Its easy to look back and say these signings were bad but there were clear signs that these players maybe weren't initially what we wanted or needed. We just bought them to appease fans and make it look like we were doing something.

No side spend 200m on forwards when its crying out for a defence. Even united one of the richest clubs in the world had to make do with Wan Bisakka and Maguire until January.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

35m Xhaka
35m Mustafi
50m Auba
52m Lacazette
26m Torrieira
76m Pepe

Total 274m

This is a fair point but Kroenke hired and trusted the wrong people with the wrong tasks. We've spent badly but I truly believe that Wenger/Emery only wanted Auba and maybe Torreira on the list you posted. Gazidis was a disaster. I believe Kroenke Jnr got the Addidas deal done-a deal that pretty much eclipses any Gazidis deal and that was Gazidis' job. Stan is responsible for hiring the wrong people and not questioning them when things were obviously wrong. I also read that JW Henry and Co put £200m into Liverpool. Stan's not solely to blame but sitting back silently as we sail towards an iceberg isn't good enough.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
And you have to look deeper into them signings.

Lacazette was opportunist. He was set for Atletico. We only went for him when it fell through and he had nowhere else to go.

Pepe was set for Napoli. No big club Barca or Real wanted him despite what people say. Then all of a sudden we swoop in at the last minute. Again. Did we identify him or really want him or was it more a case if he will go to Napoli he will come to us.

Mustafi was never worth 35m. He wasnt a top defender in Spain. He was very normal. Had failed in England before albeit he was very young. Didnt exactly have a wonderful standing in Italy.

Xhaka. Again middle of the road signing. You can find thousands of Granit Xhakas in football.

I thought Torreria would be a good player after watching him for Uruguay. Saying that Uruguay had a better defence and midfield with clear organisation.

Its easy to look back and say these signings were bad but there were clear signs that these players maybe weren't initially what we wanted or needed. We just bought them to appease fans and make it look like we were doing something.

No side spend 200m on forwards when its crying out for a defence. Even united one of the richest clubs in the world had to make do with Wan Bisakka and Maguire until January.

So you agree with me, we spent badly!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This is a fair point but Kroenke hired and trusted the wrong people with the wrong tasks. We've spent badly but I truly believe that Wenger/Emery only wanted Auba and maybe Torreira on the list you posted. Gazidis was a disaster. I believe Kroenke Jnr got the Addidas deal done-a deal that pretty much eclipses any Gazidis deal and that was Gazidis' job. Stan is responsible for hiring the wrong people and not questioning them when things were obviously wrong. I also read that JW Henry and Co put £200m into Liverpool. Stan's not solely to blame but sitting back silently as we sail towards an iceberg isn't good enough.

I agree, Gazidis was one of the worst things to ever happen to this club. Completely useless! As I said, I hate to defend the owners, my point was our position now is not due to lack of money to spend. Like anyone else I hate that our owner has zero interest in football, I would love to see him gone!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yeah many people blame the owners but theres a clear lack of being proactive when it comes to our big signings. Theres no clear plan.

Agreed. I would still prefer an owner with an interest in football though. If we are stuck with him then at least Josh seems more interested! The recent restructuring of our loan should help with funds, so they are doing something to help.

Manberg

Predator
We may have spent badly but we have a new manager now who needs money to get the players he wants so we can play the way he wants us to play. That money has to show up somehow.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Your post saying that we bought the wrong players for too much money is valid, but who hired the ****s that made these signings, and why are some of them still here?
This arsehole of an owner is not going anywhere either.

He may extend the repayment schedules beyond 2029 and 2031, so that's not going anywhere.

Also, and much more worryingly, the £500m loan that he took out with Deutsche Bank to buy Usmanov's shares is maturing in August, so very possible that the new loan will be linked to the refinancing of his existing loan, so we may have to pay the cost of that £500M as well, so we have to finance £700M of his investment in The Arsenal.

That, in my book is a leveraged buy out.

The man is a ****, a ****ing ****, a total and utter ****, in fact a **** of the highest order.
****, ****, ****, ****, ****ing American wig-wearing ****!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Your post saying that we bought the wrong players for too much money is valid, but who hired the ****s that made these signings, and why are some of them still here?

He may extend the repayment schedules beyond 2029 and 2031, so that's not going anywhere.

Also, and much more worryingly, the £500m loan that he took out with Deutsche Bank to buy Usmanov's shares is maturing in August, so very possible that the new loan will be linked to the refinancing of his existing loan, so we may have to pay the cost of that £500M as well, so we have to finance £700M of his investment in The Arsenal.

The man is a ****, a ****ing ****, a total and utter ****, in fact a **** of the highest order.

All you've got in there is ifs buts and maybes.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I dont want him here so dont go off on one at me!

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
I dont want him here so dont go off on one at me!
Sorry, I misunderstood the bit where you said "
I hate to defend the owners but look at what we've spent and more importantly who we've spent it on. " then.

The "defend the owners" bit got me.

Sometimes I'm far too literal, other times far too abstract, sorry again.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Sorry, I misunderstood the bit where you said "
I hate to defend the owners but look at what we've spent and more importantly who we've spent it on. " then.

The "defend the owners" bit got me.

Sometimes I'm far too literal, other times far too abstract, sorry again.

I doubt there is an Arsenal fan anywhere who wants Kroenke as owner. I thought the fact I said I HATE to defend the owners made my stance clear. My point was we have had money to spend and we've spent it badly, that was a response to people saying Kroenke doesnt give us money to spend.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom