• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Need to give him a few minus points for not dropping Tierney into the three sooner though.
You get so much from Tierney going forwards though, we could have scored a couple more if Tierney was at LWB but you're right.

Kola was a disaster waiting to happen and should have been dropped immediately. He also would have never ever ever ever ever played that pass that Tierney did to Laca for our first goal. Never.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think a back line of Tierney - New CB - Saliba - AMN

Could be the future of this club. Tierney and AMN offer so much down the sides and would fight every second for the club.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arteta's tone on money has completely changed recently...

He's either got what he wants or been told to stop with the comments. Or just bored of the comments altogether.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Or he's a rational human being who's opinions have a natural fluidity whereas maniacal fans grasp for straws to fuel their anti American owner conspiracy theories

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

He's either got what he wants or been told to stop with the comments. Or just bored of the comments altogether.
I think he's talking about promises made when he was appointed - whether Covid has modified them we will have to wait to see, but the financial restructuring at least indicates the Kroenkes have not left us to sink or swim

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I'm sure they got the message, he doesn't need to bang on about needing transfers every press conference.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

A nice little thing he's done is start to repair the damage that years of thrashings and humiliating losses have done to our rep/brand. Arsenal beating Liverpool and a full strength City is something that players take notice of.

It starts to get easier to convince top players to come/stay because there's something already there, something they can add to instead of coming here to lose/draw to the top 4 eight times a season.

I think it's something that is a bit understated as imo fixing our brand has huge implications in terms of recruitment and sponsorship deals.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

A nice little thing he's done is start to repair the damage that years of thrashings and humiliating losses have done to our rep. Arsenal beating Liverpool and a full strength City is something that players take notice of.

It starts to get easier to convince top players to come/stay because there's something already there, something they can add to instead of coming here to lose/draw to the top 4 eight times a season.

I think its something that is a bit understated but the brand is huge.

What do you do for work bro?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Just wondering, want to get to know you better, what kind of field?
I used to do consulting, pretty corporate stuff. Now I do operational improvement which is kind of the same thing but for one company instead of various clients.

We're a tech company, that's all I'll say for now. Can't have you tracking me down. What about you? Full time shagger?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I used to do consulting, pretty corporate stuff. Now I do operational improvement which is kind of the same thing but for one company instead of various clients.

We're a tech company, that's all I'll say for now. Can't have you tracking me down. What about you? Full time shagger?

Oh that's cool bro, consulting makes stacks so hoping you're in a healthy position in the improvement sector. Yeah obviously there's full time shagging and then I'm on a graduate scheme full time as well, two years and really secure so it's decent.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Oh that's cool bro, consulting makes stacks so hoping you're in a healthy position in the improvement sector. Yeah obviously there's full time shagging and then I'm on a graduate scheme full time as well, two years and really secure so it's decent.
Nice, what industry/role m8?

And yeah pay is decent, especially when supplemented by money I make off my young gs moving food for me.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Nice, what industry/role m8?

And yeah pay is decent, especially when supplemented by money I make off my young gs moving food for me.

Logistics/transport, so been super busy over lockdown as well since it didn't really stop.

Yeah ofc the side hustle is nice especially when you can step back and let them run for you.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
They waited 140 years to win the league once. It's called a freak. They had virtually no injuries and we lost our midfield, Carzorla, Coq and Arteta to injury in November, for months.
Come on, Trax. They just got promoted a year before and had no experience compared to us.
Those kind of excuses that we had injuries or didn't have that one player to take us further were always the case.
Eduardo got injured the year after Henry left when we were in a good position to win the league and everyone chocked after that.

There were mentality problems all throughout that period too and we would always go into the season with something missing that would come to bite us on the ass later.

Manberg

Predator
Pep Guardiola is a fraud. He will never take up a role such as Arsenal. He needs a team with the best players and biggest resources to succeed. He had a very good side at Bayern Munich but failed.

One thing I’ll give Pep credit for is he can motivate a side of mercenaries. Harder than it looks I’m sure.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
In the pre Villa conference, one reporter asked Arteta if he was nervous when we would pass the ball around the back against City and he said no.
He was nervous when we would try to keep the ball too much, which is true.
We've been pretty dreadful in the last couple of years at tippy tappy.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Pep Guardiola is a fraud. He will never take up a role such as Arsenal. He needs a team with the best players and biggest resources to succeed. He had a very good side at Bayern Munich but failed.

One thing I’ll give Pep credit for is he can motivate a side of mercenaries. Harder than it looks I’m sure.
Pep guarantees you success if you give him resources and he does this up to the highest level of football, not many managers do. It might not be 'beautiful' but we've seen him set records at every team he's been at. Records that haven't been matched since.

Its easy to pin CL failures on him but once you get to the quarters/semis that tournament becomes difficult to call...so many players at that level possess the individual quality to destroy game plans.

I think as a manager you do your best to assemble a squad that can get to the CL quarter-finals reliably then you just cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom