• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
BTW selling Martinez now it's like a kick in the balls to our longest serving player who has been so loyal waiting for a chance, and once he responded that in an excellent way we sell him. That's low! What's the problem if Emi is better and take Leno spot? You keep the better, an elite club doesn't sell the best one and keeps the popular (except RM with Courtois but that was shameful).
I see where you're coming from but Martinez is on lower wages and will be more attractive to newly promoted teams. Right now we've got gaping holes in the midfield, and no promise of investment to fix them. We will have to grasp at any straw that we can. Look at it this way, if we can sell Martinez and Guendouzi for a combined 50m which we can spend on Partey, would you refuse it?

I see where you're coming from but Martinez is on lower wages and will be more attractive to newly promoted teams. Right now we've got gaping holes in the midfield, and no promise of investment to fix them. We will have to grasp at any straw that we can. Look at it this way, if we can sell Martinez and Guendouzi for a combined 50m which we can spend on Partey, would you refuse it?

If we sell Martinez we will have to buy new GK for that money because you can't go into the season with just 1 GK.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
BTW selling Martinez now it's like a kick in the balls to our longest serving player who has been so loyal waiting for a chance, and once he responded that in an excellent way we sell him. That's low! What's the problem if Emi is better and take Leno spot? You keep the better, an elite club doesn't sell the best one and keeps the popular (except RM with Courtois but that was shameful).

Only sell if he demands first team football and we cant guarantee him that of course.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Only sell if he demands first team football and we cant guarantee him that of course.

He has a contract it doesnt matter what he demands.

Just like if Arsenal demands Mustafi to leave and he doesnt.

Time this club tightened up and stopped being a push over club. Other clubs low ball us everytime cause we are seen as a weak club who gives into what players want.

We have seen it happened many times before.

We may well see it with Auba. Selling him for 20m to someone because we weren't ruthless enough to either sell last season for 40m+ or too slow in renewing his contract after his first 6 months of blistering form.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We can pick up a cheap backup goalie for 0-5m. Goalkeepers don't usually go for a lot unless they're wc.

Mingolet went for 10m. Apparently Liverpool are going to get close to 6m for Karius.

Neither of these keepers I would want.

If we are selling Martinez 15-17m just to sign someone for 8-10m who's maybe a little unproven or not as good I dont see the point.

5-6m isnt going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Mingolet went for 10m. Apparently Liverpool are going to get close to 6m for Karius.

Neither of these keepers I would want.

If we are selling Martinez 15-17m just to sign someone for 8-10m who's maybe a little unproven or not as good I dont see the point.

5-6m isnt going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things.
We can get better keepers than Karius for 5-6m. Karius carries the distinction of playing for the CL/PL champs, that ups his value. That said I don't recommend selling Martinez for peanuts. Only if we get 20-25m AND we're not able to raise funds for someone like Benrahma or Partey through other means, then we should think of selling him.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I would sell Martinez. In a world where we've just won the CL/PL and have lots of money you'd be sentimental and keep the player who's been with us for years.

As it is though we have two very good keepers at peak age but really only need one.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I would sell Martinez. In a world where we've just won the CL/PL and have lots of money you'd be sentimental and keep the player who's been with us for years.

As it is though we have two very good keepers at peak age but really only need one.

The problem is which one do you keep? some people say Leno. But I actually think Martinez has been better. We havent seen enough of him I suppose but I think you go into next season with them both let them fight it out unless a big offer if 20+m comes in

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The problem is which one do you keep? some people say Leno. But I actually think Martinez has been better. We havent seen enough of him I suppose but I think you go into next season with them both let them fight it out unless a big offer if 20+m comes in

As i mentioned earlier it won't be a choice we'll have to make. One is on much higher wages, has a longer contract and also has a bigger reputation. There's more opportunities for Martinez to move elsewhere than there is for Leno. Would Leno move to somewhere like Sheffield Utd or Leeds? Could those clubs afford his wages? The answer is obviously no. For Martinez, someone who has sat on the bench for most of his career, those opportunities would be something he'd jump at and those clubs would also be able to give him a salary he'd be happy with.

Reactions: A_G

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Martinez has been better, could he keep up this form? Hard to say. But as others have said,Leno is on big wages and no one will buy him so the choice is keep or sell Martinez

We have too many squad and financial issues to have two good keepers if one could fetch a decent fee

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

You put the Reading form you hear about with the form with us... its not a few game talking about 18 months.

GK is the hot hand position. Emi is smoking.

Yeah, unfortunately we have to live with the decisions that have been made (Leno £25m £90k wages and he's injured) so Martinez should fetch good money so we should sell and I vest elsewhere

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Fack Leno, I stay with Emi... We will be shameful the moment we sell Emi and Leno gift a goal in the next corner against us.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
The battle needs to happen! :lol:

Putting Leno under unneeded pressure by selling the hot guy before he can win his place back.
18 month of what? Of spending the majority of it sitting on his ass and stinking up the place every time he was called upon? :lol:

Bloodbather

Established Member

You only sell Emi if he insists on being the #1 keeper exclusively and seeks a move. Otherwise you keep him. Having two good keepers is very important for a good team.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
You only sell Emi if he insists on being the #1 keeper exclusively and seeks a move. Otherwise you keep him. Having two good keepers is very important for a good team.
Or you sell Leno if he keeps insisting being number one because he lost his battle against Emi. I would reward first team with capacity not with who has higher salary and is from Germany.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Or you sell Leno if he keeps insisting being number one because he lost his battle against Emi. I would reward first team with capacity not with who has higher salary and is from Germany.

Well the reason I favor Leno is not his salary or that he's from Germany. I haven't forgotten about him being the keeper with the highest number of saves in the league prior to his injury, or that he, along with Auba, are single-handedly responsible for us not ever falling into the relegation zone this season. Recency bias is quite clearly in play for many here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom