• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They got the lyrics wrong though...

images

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Özil classy with the congratulations on social media though.
Well tbf Özil has won almost everything there is to win in the game so it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't bother him much. But for a young guy like Guen, you gotta imagine this hurts having to watch his mates lift the trophy on instachat along with the rest of us.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What I love most about Arteta‘s Arsenal is that you see the same elements in the game time and time again. The high full team press with every player committed to locking down the passing options. The patient building from the back. The overload on the left to give Auba a chance at a free run in the box. Slowly but surely we’re becoming a team with an identity again. And I’m enjoying every second!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I hate harping on about Emery, but look at the connection Mikel has with the players and compare that to Emery. For me it's such a key element of management. You can be a tactical genius but if you don't communicate well with the players or there isn't that strong connection then you ain't gonna achieve much. You need the players onside before all the tactical stuff, that comes after it, you have to get the players to believe in you. The fight for you. You can tell that these players will absolutely fight for Arteta. We've seen today and against City.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I hate harping on about Emery, but look at the connection Mikel has with the players and compare that to Emery. For me it's such a key element of management. You can be a tactical genius but if you don't communicate well with the players or there isn't that strong connection then you ain't gonna achieve much. You need the players onside before all the tactical stuff, that comes after it, you have to get the players to believe in you. The fight for you. You can tell that these players will absolutely fight for Arteta. We've seen today and against City.
The players will be admiring you and be on your side if you are a tactical genius and your tactical plan is always perfect.

Our players fight for Arteta because he is a good manager.

Emery also tell his players to play from the back.
But first, he didn’t pick the right players to do so.
And second, he didn’t tell them how to do it properly. He didn’t make detailed/specific instructions to instruct the players for their positioning and movement, and how to react if for example one more opponent player has joined the press.
And third, the purpose of of doing it is unclear. In contrast, Arteta is doing it with a clear purpose to engage opponent players in, creating space up the field.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
It’s strange that so few here actually talked about Arteta has outclassed Lampard in tactics today.

It is his job to be great at tactical knowledge and video/stats analysis to win us football games. The detailed game plan, the specific instructions he gives to his players on positioning and movements. The small in-game tactical tweaks.

And he has done his job exceptionally well. This is what makes him a great manager.

Yes I think lampard has played right into Arteta’s hands.

1) Chelsea’s high defensive line. Space at the back
2) Chelsea’s wing back press us when we are passing at the back. We keep passing and passing in deep area to make their wide player engaged. Once he pressed us, space is left on the left side of our pitch.

This gives aubameyang plenty of space to use his pace.

They should have backed off and let our midfielders/attackers play. We don’t have many creative players anyway.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
Arteta wants professionalism and discipline. Some would say we should’ve attacked more and kept the ball after being 2-1 up and Chelsea with 10 men, not Arteta though he was happy to give up possession if it meant defensive solidity. The time wasting tactics were intentional too. It’s what it takes to win, especially considering our team doesn’t have exceptional quality of the level of say, Man City.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Players seem praising him about mentality change they admit heads were dropped when we go behind but during the lockdown mikel did improve the mentality and attitude.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom