• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Giving him captaincy was big mistakes just added unnecessary pressure to him.

The turn around been fantastic Arteta did also gave him big confidence and faith
I don’t think Arteta or Xhaka himself has make him improved. He was always the same good player. We just have a system to stop exposing his weaknesses, and bring out his strengths. Same player as before.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

The turn around been fantastic Arteta did also gave him big confidence and faith

Yep, if a player can get back into favour like he has then fair play. Next to Ceballos he's great!

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta is far and away getting the best out of Xhaka, and I think it will only get better.

Arteta is Basque and that region specializes in developing CMs with great passing ranges who might not be that mobile. They know the tactics to elevate their strengths and hide their weaknesses.

Since Emery is Basque I hoped he could have a similar impact, but turns out he was one of the worst coaches I had ever seen.

Arteta has been brought up in the Basque and Catalan footballing schools, and his expertise will help take Xhaka to another level. He isn't at Xabi Alonso's or Busquets' level, but Arteta can turn him into one of the best DLP in the world.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Was totally non-existent when Pulisic and co were walking through our defense and midfield. Did some good tackles later though. Maybe a 6.5/10 performance. If we do get Partey, he should be the one to give way.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Was totally non-existent when Pulisic and co were walking through our defense and midfield. Did some good tackles later though. Maybe a 6.5/10 performance. If we do get Partey, he should be the one to give way.
Pulisic was not even on his side.

Strong 7.0 to 7.5 today. Partey is better at defending but not half as good at passing and controlling the team’s attacking tempo.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Pulisic was not even on his side.
Pulisic and Co. He is not the only person in that side. In the first few minutes their forwards were all over us and Pulisic played a major part in it. People were slagging of Xhaka and others in the match day thread during that time and for right reasons.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Horrendous for the first 10-15 minutes
Typically average for the rest of the game with basic passing & tackles, good job with the dive for the 2nd yellow card I guess?

Ceballos was the far better player but yeah let's hype this guy just because we won

Manberg

Predator

I think Xhaka makes a great captain and he’s always been a very good player. Emery was just a bad manager for us and fans blamed Xhaka for Emery’s mistakes.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Typically average for the rest of the game with basic passing & tackles, good job with the dive for the 2nd yellow card I guess?

Ceballos was the far better player but yeah let's hype this guy just because we won
If we do get Partey, we could potentially play him with Ceballos and do away with three at the back if Saliba settles well.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Would you compare cazorla to xabi?
No. They are different types of midfielders and serves different kind of tactical purpose.
Ceballos is a weaker cazorla and xhaka is a weaker xabi. Partey is a destroyer who focus on defence. A gattusso.
You compare xhaka’s long pass to ceballos’ dribbling, to partey’s tackling?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think Xhaka makes a great captain and he’s always been a very good player. Emery was just a bad manager for us and fans blamed Xhaka for Emery’s mistakes.
Xhaka can be a captain but the fans we got don't help the abuse he was receiving before being a captain was endless it got worse after named the captain.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thought he was quite poor honestly, great engine for that run in stoppage time near the end though.

Ash10

Would you compare cazorla to xabi?
No. They are different types of midfielders and serves different kind of tactical purpose.
Ceballos is a weaker cazorla and xhaka is a weaker xabi. Partey is a destroyer who focus on defence. A gattusso.
I didn’t even bring up Partey. I judged them both on their supposed roles.

But according to Xhaka fanboys every game where he doesn’t make an obvious mistake it’s supposed to be a great game.

& don't bother with quoting your own long essays. I ain't got time to read personal opinions treated like gospel

Godwin1

Very well-known
Xhaka can be a captain but the fans we got don't help the abuse he was receiving before being a captain was endless it got worse after named the captain.
Sort of the wrong character to be captain then really. Was a good laugh reading on here before that no fans in the stadium was actually helping him and in the same paragraph praising his character.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I didn’t even bring up Partey. I judged them both on their supposed roles.

But according to Xhaka fanboys every game where he doesn’t make an obvious mistake it’s supposed to be a great game.

& don't bother with quoting your own long essays. I ain't got time to read personal opinions treated like gospel

How about his passing play?
If you think having the vision and technique to ping a 30-40 yards long ball accurate constantly is not amazing. And this can be done by most midfielders, you are so diluted.

His game reading is good. The choice of pass is spot on today. (When to go slower, when to go fast, when to make a short pass and when to make a long pass). He controls the tempo of our attack.

Defending wasn’t exceptional today (defending is not his prime game anyway, passing is), but more than good enough.

Manberg

Predator

It’s on the fans. Xhaka got angry and made a mistake but fans shouldn’t sarcastically cheer him off as he’s being subbed. Then there’s the personal abuse on social media that shouldn’t be ignored. Has nothing to do with his footballing ability though. He was a good player and leader then, it’s the same now.

Ash10

How about his passing play?
If you think having the vision and technique to ping a 30-40 yards long ball accurate constantly is not amazing. And this can be done by most midfielders, you are so diluted.

His game reading is good. The choice of pass is spot on today. (When to go slower, when to go fast, when to make a short pass and when to make a long pass). He controls the tempo of our attack.

Defending wasn’t exceptional today (defending is not his prime game anyway, passing is), but more than good enough.
You mean the 5 yard sideways/ back passes?

& about not quoting yourself:facepalm:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sort of the wrong character to be captain then really. Was a good laugh reading on here before that no fans in the stadium was actually helping him and in the same paragraph praising his character.
Professional footballers can handle criticism if they shouldn't then they shouldn't call themselves professionals but abusing him directly or his wife or new born baby will hurt mentally specially from your own fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom