• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Professional footballers can handle criticism if they shouldn't then they shouldn't call themselves professionals but abusing him directly or his wife or new born baby will hurt mentally specially from your own fans
Specifically regarding that abuse you're right.

say yes

forum master baiter
Listen, I was one of his harshes critics, but he has turned it around from a point me and a lot of people deemed as no return.

Did well again today, as he has been doing once we finally got a manager that gives him structure.
I don’t even think ‘turned it around’ does him justice.

He’s becoming indispensable. The player I thought we were signing 4 years ago.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Do you want me to bring up his compilation of mistakes?
& I was solely talking about his performance today
Mistakes under the right set up now? Come on, try your best to find it.
Or mistakes that we had a system to expose his weakness and hide his strength?

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
You see things as “sideways passing equals bad”. Considering that alone, your opinion on Xhaka’s footballing ability will lack integrity.
You see Xhaka's playing= Great & not to mention the players you compared him to
So yeah no point in arguing

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I don’t even think ‘turned it around’ does him justice.

He’s becoming indispensable. The player I thought we were signing 4 years ago.

Figures that Arteta, who for years was our metronome, finally figured it out how to get the best out of him.

His flaws are evident, we know (and suffer from) those, but we finally see the player who can cycle the ball and control tempo, an underrated quality on a lot of players.

Ash10

Mistakes under the right set up now? Come on, try your best to find it.
Or mistakes that we had a system to expose his weakness and hide his strength?
Find me some of his hollowed long passes in recent games in the right set up for him
The right means him being a spare cb & attempting safe passes to minimize his mistakes

Doing bare minimum is the best a manager can get out of him in England. Early on Mason Mount took the ball away from in a dangerous position to get a shot away. That's what happens when he tries to do more as he's slow af & gets caught

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You see things as “sideways passing equals bad”. Considering that alone, your opinion on Xhaka’s footballing ability will lack integrity.
Xhaka did make the correct choice of passes today. Whether it's going long/short, or taking it faster/slower. He made the right decisions.

Manberg

Predator
Doing bare minimum is the best a manager can get out of him in England. Early on Mason Mount took the ball away from in a dangerous position to get a shot away. That's what happens when he tries to do more as he's slow af & gets caught

That was only one mistake, and which didn’t directly result in a goal. Being as good as he is, he’s allowed to make a mistake every couple of games. Every player in his position makes mistakes. Even Xavi and Alonso.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Find me some of his hollowed long passes in recent games in the right set up for him
The right means him being a spare cb & attempting safe passes to minimize his mistakes

It's about reading the game and making the right pass. If your long options are marked. You don't play long. If you don't have passing options forward, go for a sideway one, progress the ball up slowly as a team.

He is not doing bare minimum, he is contributing a lot with his passing.

Ash10

That was only one mistake, and which didn’t directly result in a goal. Being as good as he is, he’s allowed to make a mistake every couple of games. Every player in his position makes mistakes. Even Xavi and Alonso.
Just gonna highlight this for the other readers

Ash10

It's about reading the game and making the right pass. If your long options are marked. You don't play long. If you don't have passing options forward, go for a sideway one, progress the ball up slowly as a team.
Yeah sure whatever floats your boat

Ash10

Yes you want to make forward pass for the sake of forward pass even if there are no passing options.
You must have hate prime Barcelona, the best team in the world with a lot of sideway passes
Yeah you can be a great range passer only when you're afforded 100 acres of space & an hour of time but supposedly you're 'elite' at it & get instructed by the manager to not even make a single attempt whenever you're playing against a side that knows anything about pressing

Even after that somehow you're still regarded as an 'elite' passer who turns into a mid-table player when the manager tries to hide his flaws....just wow

Somehow you brought prime barca into this smh

Ash10

:lol: let’s pretend footballers don’t regularly make mistakes.
Does Auba not occasionally miss good chances? Let’s pretend he’s not a world class striker I guess.
Auba, a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker who at the age of 31 would walk into almost every team if he wants to leave
Xhaka was only wanted by Hertha Berlin in his prime

But yeah keep making comparisons

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah you can be a great range passer only when you're afforded 100 acres of space & an hour of time but supposedly you're 'elite' at it & get instructed by the manager to not even make a single attempt whenever you're playing against a side that knows anything about pressing

Even after that somehow you're still regarded as an 'elite' passer who turns into a mid-table player when the manager tries to hide his flaws....just wow

Somehow you brought prime barca into this smh
The post you just quoted, it wasn’t about Xhaka or arsenal. It’s about your misunderstanding in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom