• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

EeW2fEzWAAEBHMP

"Hello darkness, my old friend..."

:lol:
Brilliant! :rofl:

My end of season rating = 1/10.

10 league goals. I remember a certain handsome white man with a great beard getting verbally abused on here for scoring more goals.

Manberg

Predator
Football has changed. Goal scoring strikers play on the wings now. Lacazette has adapted well to his false #9 role it can’t have been easy. There are better false 9’s though.

LG10

Sell and sign Watkins from brentford as a back up if they're not promoted. Immense striker, his physicality and movement is just what we need for our auba deputy.

DasBootist

My end of season rating = 1/10.

10 league goals. I remember a certain handsome white man with a great beard getting verbally abused on here for scoring more goals.
Your lusting for Olivier Giroud has zero relevance to this thread.

There has to be an off-topic thread you can pollute,

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Football has changed. Goal scoring strikers play on the wings now. Lacazette has adapted well to his false #9 role it can’t have been easy. There are better false 9’s though.
That's not true. Goalscorers always play up front. The false 9 excuse is lazy and unoriginal. Just because Firmino gets away with it, doesn't mean it applies to Lacazette. Funnily enough, Liverpool were trying to replace him with Werner before Chelsea got involved.

There are loads of "false 9" strikers who still score loads of goals. Benzema and Lewandowski say hi. Even Messi, arguably the most famous false 9 scored 100 goals in a calendar year. The simple fact is this. Lacazette is not good enough. You can keep on creating mythical terms for him but in reality he's not been good for us.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You guys expect way too much. The guy damn near plays in CM for christ sakes.

RunTheTrap

You guys expect way too much. The guy damn near plays in CM for christ sakes.
So what? RVP did the same for us and still bagged 30 goals in his last season for us.
Benzema and Lewandowski are top scorers in their respective leagues and still do the same. Even Danny Ings and Gabriel Jesus do the same and they're not world class. People make far too many excuses for a flop. When you play as a lone striker these days, you're expected to run the channels, drop deep into midfield to offer numerical advantage, press, have good hold up play, assist, win headers and score goals. This is the norm for any lone striker in the modern era.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Benzema and Lewandowski say hi. Even Messi, arguably the most famous false 9 scored 100 goals in a calendar year.
One of the dumbest things I've read on this forum. What kind of service do those guys have for their teams compared to Laca ? Absolutely clueless post.

RunTheTrap

Only recently though, most of the season he’s been crap.

I’ll keep him though, reckon him Auba and Pepe got something brewing and all might deliver next season.
Keep him for what though? This PAL wet dream is more of a wet fart. It's mostly Pepe crossing to Auba anyways so there's no real need for Lacazette.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Only recently though, most of the season he’s been crap.

I’ll keep him though, reckon him Auba and Pepe got something brewing and all might deliver next season.
This is spot on. At least somebody can be objective and post something sensible.

RunTheTrap

One of the dumbest things I've read on this forum. What kind of service do those guys have for their teams compared to Laca ? Absolutely clueless post.
What service does Auba get? Top goal scorer last year and just missed out on this year too with no real creative players near him. So please tell me another excuse for Lacazette, I'm waiting.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Laca's poor form probably had a lot to do with conditioning. Once Arteta took over the fitness levels of the players increased, and it obviously showed. Emery's tactics and poor fitness levels I think hurt Laca a lot this season.

Emery didn't really have much of a strategy for how to score goals, and he basically depended on the quality of his strikers to convert one of the few chances that we would create.

Additionally, he wanted to constantly press the defense and force turnovers.

Under Emery's tactics our attackers not only had to force the turnovers that would create their chances, but they then had to create their own chances when we had possession. This will take its toll physically, and I'm not surprised that when Laca would get chances in the box, his timing and execution would always be off.

He'd always arrive in the right spot, but his touch would be heavy or his shot would go wide. These things happen you're fatigued.

It isn't surprising that Nketiah who had undergone Bielsa's rigorous conditioning and nutrition plan at Leeds, while also sitting on the bench a lot, looked way sharper the Laca. Laca is clearly the better all-around player, but Nketiah was way better at getting on the end of crosses. Some of this is due to Nketiah having a good nose for goal, but a lot of it is about being in good enough shape to get to the right spot and finish.

If Laca stays, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a really good season.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
What service does Auba get? Top goal scorer last year and just missed out on this year too with no real creative players near him. So please tell me another excuse for Lacazette, I'm waiting.
Auba has pace and is free of the defensive duties Laca has. Look at how much Laca has to drop deep and then get back in the box.
Even so, last year he was our POTY with 13 goals and 8 assists, all while doing defensive work and carrying an injury, so cut the ****.

Manberg

Predator

Arteta’s tactics have been built to get the best out of Auba. Tierney and AMN/Saka making advanced runs outside and inside of the left wing, Lacazette dropping deep as a false 9 to drag out central defenders... what do you think the purpose is? It’s all to get Aubameyang in space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom