• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Arteta’s tactics have been built to get the best out of Auba. Tierney and AMN/Saka making advanced runs outside and inside of the left wing, Lacazette dropping deep as a false 9 to drag out central defenders... what do you think the purpose is? It’s all to get Aubameyang in space.
He's a casual, so all the selfless work Laca does for Auba to get into space goes over his head.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Auba has pace and is free of the defensive duties Laca has. Look at how much Laca has to drop deep and then get back in the box.
Even so, last year he was our POTY with 13 goals and 8 assists, all while doing defensive work and carrying an injury, so cut the ****.
A lot can change jn a year. Last year we were a point off top 4, Corona didn't exist and we had some money, today we're several points off top 4, Corona has damaged lives and economies and now we're broke.

Look if you rate Lacazette, power to you. But we're not in a position to be hoarding players on high wages when we seriously need reinforcing. Lacazette is an asset worth selling. He's got 2 years left on his contract, he's been carrying an injury, he's 29 years old and he's just had his worse season in an Arsenal shirt. He's a 1 in 3 striker who we paid £52 million for. We should be trying to recoup as much of the money we spent on him and this summer is probably the best time to sell him. Keeping him for an extra year and his value goes down doesn't seem smart for a team with financial problems. Plus, Kia is hellbent on raising our wage bill so we need to be careful on who we choose to acquire.
Look you might think I'm chatting ****. I'm not your enemy, I just want to see Arsenal make some smart decisions for once.

RunTheTrap

Arteta’s tactics have been built to get the best out of Auba. Tierney and AMN/Saka making advanced runs outside and inside of the left wing, Lacazette dropping deep as a false 9 to drag out central defenders... what do you think the purpose is? It’s all to get Aubameyang in space.
That's a fine assessment but my problem is not with the tactics it's with the personnel. What Laca does is important for Auba, I get that but the very elite strikers do the same and still score goals. I want a Lacazette replacement as soon as possible and I think his work rate is overstated. His endurance is crap because he is not fit enough for PL football.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
A lot can change jn a year. Last year we were a point off top 4, Corona didn't exist and we had some money, today we're several points off top 4, Corona has damaged lives and economies and now we're broke.
A lot did change. For one, our midfield was worse after getting rid of Ramsey and Micky, two players who were able to create, so we can play Guendouzi, Willock and an Özil who couldn't be bothered.
But we're not in a position to be hoarding players on high wages when we seriously need reinforcing.
You see Laca as surplus when we have dross like Holding, Sokratis, Kola, Torreira, Willock, Nelson and Eddie in our squad? Seriously?
Look you might think I'm chatting ****. I'm not your enemy, I just want to see Arsenal make some smart decisions for once.
The smart decision here is to actually make an effort to play him right. Get a player behind him who can create so Laca can be in the box and do his thing.
What's the point of selling a player who's settled at the club in order to get someone else who will have the same problem because we lack creativity?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
What Laca does is important for Auba, I get that but the very elite strikers do the same and still score goals. I want a Lacazette replacement as soon as possible and I think his work rate is overstated.
This is ridiculous. You're comparing elite strikers at elite teams who have elite players around them, when we're a team that finished in 8th place. Are you really delusional?

RunTheTrap

He's a casual, so all the selfless work Laca does for Auba to get into space goes over his head.
How am I casual? You think Lacazette is the first and only hardworking striker in football? Cavani was like a slave for Ibra, he done most of the pressing but still scored goals and then there was Suarez. He worked his bum off so that Messi and Neymar could have time on the ball but he still managed to score a lot of goals. Rooney was always rated for his workrate and he still bagged goals.

My problem is that people use the selfless hardworking excuse as to suggest why he doesn't score enough goals. Top strikers still can run to create space for others and still score a lot of goals. It shouldn't be one or the other. Is that not a fair statement to say?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
How am I casual? You think Lacazette is the first and only hardworking striker in football? Cavani was like a slave for Ibra, he done most of the pressing but still scored goals and then there was Suarez. He worked his bum off so that Messi and Neymar could have time on the ball but he still managed to score a lot of goals. Rooney was always rated for his workrate and he still bagged goals.

My problem is that people use the selfless hardworking excuse as to suggest why he doesn't score enough goals. Top strikers still can run to create space for others and still score a lot of goals. It shouldn't be one or the other. Is that not a fair statement to say?
Again, you're comparing Cavani at PSG with a stacked squad in a league where they didn't have any competition.
I can't even with you, man. I'm done here.

RunTheTrap

This is ridiculous. You're comparing elite strikers at elite teams who have elite players around them, when we're a team that finished in 8th place. Are you really delusional?
No I'm not delusional. My rationale is, if we want Arsenal to be an elite team again, we should replace average players like Lacazette for elite ones. You know what I'm trying to say, you're being dense on purpose. I want Arsenal to sell Laca while his value is still high for a striker with his skillet but still be able to score goals. It's possible, I'm not writing Mandarin. What I'm saying is clearly simple.

RunTheTrap

Again, you're comparing Cavani at PSG with a stacked squad in a league where they didn't have any competition.
I can't even with you, man. I'm done here.
Okay fine forget Cavani. What about Danny Ings of Southampton? He's a hard working striker and he still bagged 20 goals. The point still stands

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
My rationale is, if we want Arsenal to be an elite team again, we should replace average players like Lacazette for elite ones. You know what I'm trying to say, you're being dense on purpose.
Like who? Who do you think we can get at this mid table team after selling Laca? Name 2 elite strikers who would come here.

RunTheTrap

A lot did change. For one, our midfield was worse after getting rid of Ramsey and Micky, two players who were able to create, so we can play Guendouzi, Willock and an Özil who couldn't be bothered.

You see Laca as surplus when we have dross like Holding, Sokratis, Kola, Torreira, Willock, Nelson and Eddie in our squad? Seriously?

The smart decision here is to actually make an effort to play him right. Get a player behind him who can create so Laca can be in the box and do his thing.
What's the point of selling a player who's settled at the club in order to get someone else who will have the same problem because we lack creativity?
And fyi there are loads of other players I'd sell but Laca is one of the few players we have that could sell for a lot of money. I mean Holding, Sokatris and Kolasinac would be lucky to get you a pack of Skittles but Laca could get us £25-£35 million.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
What about Danny Ings of Southampton? He's a hard working striker and he still bagged 20 goals. The point still stands
At a team that plays counter attacking football. It's a lot easier to get goals when you have space and he scored 22 goals just once in the PL.
You don't know if he's going to be consistent. I have to remind you about double standards here.
You criticized Laca for having his worst season at Arsenal, yet you're praising Ings for scoring 20+ for the first time since he's been in the PL.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Like who? Who do you think we can get at this mid table team after selling Laca? Name 2 elite strikers who would come here.
I’ve been waiting for months for names.

The most reasonable I’ve heard is Edouard - who would be a risk/possibly need adaptation. I sound like a broken record but a lot of our fans just aren’t in touch with reality.

Since we like Chelsea retirees we could temp Giroud back I guess.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I’ve been waiting for months for names.

The most reasonable I’ve heard is Edouard - who would be a risk/possibly need adaptation. I sound like a broken record but a lot of our fans just aren’t in touch with reality.

Since we like Chelsea retirees we could temp Giroud back I guess.
It's like when something breaks in your home and instead of trying to fix it, you just go out and replace the whole thing. Typical for comfortable people.
The market is dry and we don't have the money for strikers, especially elite ones. We need to fix our midfield asap, not our attack, which is the only decent area in our squad.

DasBootist

Okay fine forget Cavani. What about Danny Ings of Southampton? He's a hard working striker and he still bagged 20 goals. The point still stands
Ings is Southampton's main scoring outlet, whereas Lacazette isn't for Arsenal. Compare Laca's 12 goals (10 in the league) with Ward-Prowse or Armstrong (5 goals each) for a fairer argument.

He outscored 2 players in a stop-start season, so well done Lacazette.

RunTheTrap

1) That’s the job of the scouts. We somehow managed to get Pepe to come when we were pretty bad. Our pull is somewhat still relevant in contemporary football. To answer your question, you sell Lacazette and use that money to find a similar, younger more athletic player. I like Arthur Cabral. I liked Omishen who just went Napoli unfortunately. I would like Arsenal to look at Edouard and yes I might get ridiculed for mentioning him but I don’t want Arsenal to stick with Lacazette because we already know what he is. I don’t see him taking us any further than what he is now.
2) We use what we got, we move Auba central and buy a winger with the Lacazette money. Some people would argue this is a more balanced front 3.

moloso

Ideally we sell - never going to be prolific for us and if we want a link man up top then just buy an actual player for that role.

Honestly reminds me of Wiltord, not so much in style of play but end result. Both big money signings, both underwhelmed as out and out goalscorers but did a job for the team. Wiltord hardly played his last season before leaving on a free, can definitely see that happening with Lacazette if he doesn't go this summer.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

How do you rate Firmino?

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude

To be fair to Laca, Suarez and Rooney were world class in their pomp, and Cavani wasn’t that far off. That’s a pretty tough comparison set.

The ‘Laca Question’ is an interesting one. I don’t think it’s prudent to give more money / years to a player who’s 29, visibly declining, and still has 2 years to run. Do we sell him now, after a bad season and with a ‘corona discount,’ or roll the dice on next year, hoping for a good season and a value bump, but risking his worth going to zero with ~2 poor seasons and only a year left? I think it really comes down to pretty specific combination of 1) what we can get for him now and 2) what realistic (25 and under) targets are available for the proceeds + a little more juice.

lol selling Lacazette is not a "smart decision", I mean who would you replace him with? You need to spend a minimum of 50m for a replacement on his caliber, and that "replacement" might or might not settle in Arsenal, so its does not even warranty a "replace and win" solution.

As for people complaining about Lacazette output,

1st, our midfield is the sole reason, heavily lacking in creativity.

2nd, while Aubameyang's role is no doubt an inside forward, but he is actual main man of this arsenal team. In other words, Aubameyang occupies his space, so obviously he will gets less chance to score.

Still that's not necessary a bad thing, Lacazette's ability to link up play still play a crucial part, especially when Özil is being frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom