• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,455

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I dunno man. He never ever plays Auba there. Even during periods where we had better wide options than CF options he still played Auba on the wing.

Unless Arteta shakes up the first eleven in a big way I'd be surprised if he goes into next season with Auba at CF when he's never looked remotely interested in doing it. The Pepe-Auba-Willian front three does work on paper though.

Arteta said this a few weeks ago.

"[He] is scoring a lot of goals coming from that position, he's done it all his career," Arteta said.

"We know he can play as a nine but at the moment the balance of the team is a little bit better like this. He is a team player."

That would suggest he’d play him up front with the right players around him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
qmSG4RLsfs_1524501848.jpg

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Yeah think he was from Manchester, used to prey on students. Absolutely awful stuff. Said when they woke up he’d tell them he helped them home etc as they were too pissed and gave them money for a taxi home. They didn’t realise what he’d actually done.
Is this what Kia's done to Mikel?

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

@Sebastes Willian vs Zaha vs Pepe stats comparison?
MpSFoUI.png

Saw a comparison between Willian and Pépé was already posted but will throw this up here as well.

Worth to mention that Turnovers is negated, so the further out you rank the less turnovers.

As mentioned in another post I don't have percentile ranks, but have put max values in accordance with high performers in respective category (KdB for xG assisted, Grealish for Fouls won, etc)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm surprisingly ambivalent about this. Willian's a good player and he has my dad's seal of approval :lol:.

Little concern about the amount of minutes the younger players will get but ultimately we will have a stronger team in the league and the youngsters will have opportunities in the EL and League Cup to build up momentum to challenge for places. I think Willian is a player whose age won't slow him down too much and he'll give us technical security in the final 3rd which we've missed of late. I have my doubts and concerns but we've signed way worse players of late.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I like Willian but anything above a two-year deal should be a no go

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

"[He] is scoring a lot of goals coming from that position, he's done it all his career," Arteta said.

"We know he can play as a nine but at the moment the balance of the team is a little bit better like this. He is a team player."

When you have a player with that pace who can play as CF, surely you do what you can do to make it happen. How often do we have a player break wide and we dont have anyone in the centre who can get there in time. Happens all the time with Laca as CF, it happened in the final on Sat too!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Fair. Didn't know he'd ever spoken on it.

In that case I'm a bit disappointed at Willian being our new LW, I was hoping he would be a Pep Style CM for us. Think we could have tried to be more ambitious but it's an ok signing as long as we sign a CM and CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom