• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
One day in and he already knows the AM lingo :lol:

@GDeep™ clearly teaching his apprentice well...

sw_012_by_dave_daring-d6vilsh.jpg

Elwood

They are a lot better than Özil.
Özil does not involve in the build up phase. He waits for the midfielders to creating for him, he waits for the midfield to progress the ball up, he does not involve in the midfield overload. He waits for the supply for him, so he can provide the final pass. He himself is not the creative supplier like Cazorla or most other #10 in the world. Özil has no skills on the ball. He is just a off the ball final third player, who is only great at making the final pass.

Willian and Coutinho are heavily involved in build up play, always make available for their teammates. They can dribble past players for fun, they can control the ball in tight space without losing possession.
They're a lot better physically, sure. That's Özil's big deficiency and the reason he plays like he does, and where the whole "needs teammates, plays better when others do" thing comes from. I wouldn't say they're much better otherwise, but ofc I hope they will perform much better. I'm just looking forward to having a 10 that can shoot the ball better than a 10yo.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
They're a lot better physically, sure. That's Özil's big deficiency and the reason he plays like he does, and where the whole "needs teammates, plays better when others do" thing comes from. I wouldn't say they're much better otherwise, but ofc I hope they will perform much better. I'm just looking forward to having a 10 that can shoot the ball better than a 10yo.
Wtf. I didn’t say they are better physically. I said they are more skillful, more technical and more involved in the build up play.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Let me tell you what is Özil’s deficiency is.

Özil’s main problem is not even in non-physical/poor defending/not tracking back. Other #10 would heavily involved in the build up phase, and create the difference in the final third phase. Özil would just focus on the final third.

I never rate players who can only operate well in one phase, but being a tactical liability in other phases.

For all of the above (including the last few posts), I am not talking about the “declining” Özil. I am taking about the Özil who he always was. From day one he was here, he has all these flaws in his game.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Well you should have :lol:. How on earth are they more technical? Come on man.
How on earth are they not? When did you see Özil dribbled past 3 players? When did you see Özil doing a skill move? When did you see Özil has the ball control to not losing possession when he is surrounded by 3 opponent players in tight space. Özil has zero technique.

Silva, KDB, Iniesta, Modric, Cazorla, Coutinho....Payet....they are much much more technical than Özil. Levels above Özil. Only strength that Özil is slightly better is passing and first touch.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How on earth are they not? When did you see Özil dribbled past 3 players? When did you see Özil doing a skill move? When did you see Özil has the ball control to not losing possession when he is surrounded by 3 opponent players in tight space.

Elwood

How on earth are they not? When did you see Özil dribbled past 3 players? When did you see Özil doing a skill move? When did you see Özil has the ball control to not losing possession when he is surrounded by 3 opponent players in tight space.
Have you not seen Özil's touches and skills? It's all he has ffs (and his vision ofc).
And also not losing possession against three players is a benchmark? Like it happens all the time lol

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Did you actually watch a full match of Özil?
He does a move like that once every 10 matches. Not mentioning how many times he couldn’t do that and lost possession.

Iniesta could do that every minute in a match.

If you watch a full match of Özil, you know he can’t dribble, never had the skills to.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You never know anyway… He might suddenly decide to do what the others have done and tryt to winhis place back. If he really wants to see out his last year, for a player like him to see it out on the bench is truly beyond bum-worthy. He can’t let it end that way.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You never know anyway… He might suddenly decide to do what the others have done and tryt to winhis place back. If he really wants to see out his last year, for a player like him to see it out on the bench is truly beyond bum-worthy. He can’t let it end that way.

Bale is doing the same though, maybe Ramsey. Bale could actually get a top English club if he wanted. Didn’t Utd pay up the Sánchez situation? They washed their hands off him and cut their losses.

Beginnings of a modern disease maybe.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
You never know anyway… He might suddenly decide to do what the others have done and try to win his place back. He can’t let it end that way.

That's the hope. Maybe Arteta will light a fire in his belly and Özil will work really hard to finish his last season strong. It's more likely that Özil never plays again and just sits out his fat contract. When that happens the club will have nobody to blame but themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom