• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Didn’t Sanchez and Mkhitaryan both take pay cuts so they could actually do the thing they loved again - play fuzzball? Is that right?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Didn’t Sanchez and Mkhitaryan both take pay cuts so they could actually do the thing they loved again - play fuzzball? Is that right?
Sánchez no. Utd and Inter are paying his full wages, there is no pay cut.

Now Utd are potentially paying out his remaining contract which is worth 55M over the next two years as he’s on 500k a week plus. That will allow him to join inter for free.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Utd are paying Sanchez to leave ffs, he’s still got 2 years on his deal.

What a decline from him...guess he deserves some credit for trying to save his career, but tell me in 2015 that Yanited would be paying this much just to get him to leave, I would be very confused :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
What a decline from him...guess he deserves some credit for trying to save his career, but tell me in 2015 that Yanited would be paying this much just to get him to leave, I would be very confused :lol:
Sánchez didn’t know what to do without Wenger, another who played his best with the boss.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Mesut Özil has basically just sacked 55 people at Arsenal.

Absolute disgrace of a man, shamed his family name I’m afraid.
@yousif_arsenal forced to sign a pay as you post contract while Mesut bags 350k/w playing fortnite in his mansion
giphy.gif

RacingPhoton

Established Member
No matter what happens here, clubs will now be wary of giving long term big money contracts to players. Seeing Sanchez, Bale and Özil and the clubs' inability to sell while losing a good chunk of their budgets on players who may not even start after a year, it would make them think. Especially given the Covid situation, bumper contract renewals should be off the table at least in the foreseeable future.

say yes

forum master baiter
Think it reflects incredibly poorly on the entire club that we’ve made 55 employees redundant while being a multi-million pound business. Might not be the most popular move, but I’d rather we had just slashed our transfer spend. That decision’s not on Mesut.

At the same time, the club’s job is to compete on the field and everyone knows COVID has wrecked our finances. Reflects incredibly poorly on Mesut that he is - according to Amy Lawrence - the only one of our players who refused a temporary paycut to help them out. Particularly given he’s by far the club’s highest earner.

He was entitled to refuse them of course. But I am certainly also entitled to think he’s a greedy washed-up ****.

musoke

Do you genuinely have no positive feelings towards Özil? His tenure here hasn't always been incredible but overall he's surely a modern day club legend.
An important part of this is maintaining a throughline of Arsenal experience and history. In the last 3 seasons we lost; Koscielny, Per, Cazorla, Wilshere, Nacho, Ramsey, Giroud. Our players with experience and leadership have been so poor we resorted to poaching Chelsea's.

Those guys formed an essential part of our spine over the last few years. Imo we lost all of them too soon. A club should never be in a position where a back up keeper and a fruity fullback are its longest serving players.
Whether you like Özil or not he's the key figure of the Emirates era, he deserves a statue outside Emirates imo.
Surely this poster is just trolling.
Someone please convince me otherwise.

darkgunner

Bale is doing the same though, maybe Ramsey. Bale could actually get a top English club if he wanted. Didn’t Utd pay up the Sánchez situation? They washed their hands off him and cut their losses.

Beginnings of a modern disease maybe.

At least Bale tried to leave RM but was stopped at the last minute, being forced to stick around at Madrid against his will. Özil is only intent on stealing a living here, and puts in minimum effort everywhere despite not wanting to leave.

He couldn't even be bothered to show for the FA cup final while everyone bar the exiled Guendouzi could. Mustafi and Martinelli even showed up on crutches ffs. At the moment, there is no bigger pisstaker at the club than Özil.

musoke

Think it reflects incredibly poorly on the entire club that we’ve made 55 employees redundant while being a multi-million pound business. Might not be the most popular move, but I’d rather we had just slashed our transfer spend. That decision’s not on Mesut.

At the same time, the club’s job is to compete on the field and everyone knows COVID has wrecked our finances. Reflects incredibly poorly on Mesut that he is - according to Amy Lawrence - the only one of our players who refused a temporary paycut to help them out. Particularly given he’s by far the club’s highest earner.

He was entitled to refuse them of course. But I am certainly also entitled to think he’s a greedy washed-up ****.
It reflects bad on the Billionaires owner we have too. He is worth something like £8billion.
Seriously we were sold complete bullcrap when we were promised becoming a competitive club once we built and moved into the EMIRATES STADIUM.
Some of us bought completely into it hence why we stuck by Wenger. Wenger was the biggest culprit too, he provided cover for the owner / board while he himself was being handsomely compensated with £7 and £8 million a year contracts.

What a complete sham we were sold.

Making 5o odd staff redundant is embarrassing for me. Just a few months of covid have completely exposed us as a club.
Smh

GDeep™

League is very weak
At least Bale tried to leave RM but was stopped at the last minute, being forced to stick around at Madrid against his will. Özil is only intent on stealing a living here, and puts in minimum effort everywhere despite not wanting to leave.

He couldn't even be bothered to show for the FA cup final while everyone bar the exiled Guendouzi could. Mustafi and Martinelli even showed up on crutches ffs. At the moment, there is no bigger pisstaker at the club than Özil.

Bale tried to leave because he got offered even more than the 600K a week he gets now, he got offered a pay rise, why leave that out?

They apparently offered him 1M a week.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Bale tried to leave because he got offered even more than the 600K a week he gets now, he got offered a pay rise, why leave that out?

They apparently offered him 1M a week.

I guess that’s a weekly expenditure of

250k savings/investments
250k utility bills/rent/insurance/medical
250k sustenance
250k frivolous entertainment

Jae

Rightly or wrongly he'll get a kicking in the media if we have to make 55 people redundant and he's refused to take a paycut.

Hope the players do the right thing and offer to pay for everyone's wages. Players from lessee clubs and on a lot less money have done it for their staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom