• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Cagigao Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I take it this is the restructuring KIA was hinting at a few weeks ago..

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You know when a team has won the league and all the media are doing segments on how they did it and they make a documentary about the club's approach from top to bottom and how it has geared the club towards success etc etc...well how many of those things start with "so the first thing we did was fire the scouts..." ??

My guess is...not many.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
This sounds bad.

Raul and Kia are strengthening their grip and culling a key scout on this difficult period seems to be so much against the direction we should take.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Probably going against the grain here but I dont really care for his sacking and see it as moving with the times; kids and young talents are getting shopped around the world by agents and representatives from ridiculously early ages now.

We are hearing of 8-10yr olds being extreme talents, yes the rare Martinelli's slip through the cracks but he still had placements at Man Utd and Barcelona before us.

I dont think scouts offer much value anymore, its all networking and databases these days, I doubt scouts are being trusted with their opinion on how good Willian is for example, managers and DoF's identify targets they want, I cant imagine many are going off the recommendation of a scout unless its really out of nowhere which is rare.

If there is a 12yr old smashing it up over in the Pakistani youth level, chances are multiple clubs have already been alerted.

Its why Man City have built links all across the globe and as the parent club, any young player does something in the US or Oz etc the national club will act as the scout and alert the parent club.

There will still be scouting it will just be by links to clubs instead of the old style of scouting and it is important Arsenal build up this worldwide network asap.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Scenes when the players start paying the staffs wages. What is going on?

We are owned by Stan Kroenke, who is a vicious **** even by billionaire standards. That's what's going on. Now let's wait for him to collect a £2m consultation fee from the club for "streamlining the organizational structure at Arsenal"

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The players are adults, they know the landscape has changed, of course they are angry but they have finance professionals looking into the future.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I’m sorry but does anyone think the club is using Corona to make as many hierarchical changes as possible? Cutting the costs of player wages, (the only club in the PL to do so) Kroenke’s buying bonds, agent led transfers and now 55 redundancies. We weren’t the only club to lose revenue and we’re not the only self-sustaining club in the league. So what the hell with all these drastic changes? Are we really really broke? Is Stan struggling financially? What about all that money we saved for a rainy day after 20+ years in the Champions League? Does that money still exist? Or did we give it all to Raul and the lads?
I’m surprised we didn’t try to furlough the staff tbh. Just what is going on with Arsenal?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

ContentThriftyDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

Don Raul, it’s time to go.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
So apparently we’ve sacked all three of our most senior scouts, and have gutted the academy scouting department.

Extremely worrying.
This may come across as stupid but at this moment of time when stadiums are open just for the footballers playing can we expect proper on field scouting to take place? Maybe the redundancies are temporary, can a scout work from home? I don’t know but I think this all be temporary until football picks up again.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
When they took the pay cut it was 12.5%. They just got 5% back for qualifying for the Europa League and that’s worth about £11m, so that’s probably a big part of why they’ve had to get rid of 55 people.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

When they took the pay cut it was 12.5%. They just got 5% back for qualifying for the Europa League and that’s worth about £11m, so that’s probably a big part of why they’ve had to get rid of 55 people.

So sad tho isn't it man. We pay these players weekly what some of these people earn a year yet they take the brunt of it, sports industry is f*cked.

Hope some of the 55 are just people who's jobs are not needed at the club anymore.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So sad tho isn't it man. We pay these players weekly what some of these people earn a year yet they take the brunt of it, sports industry is f*cked.

Hope some of the 55 are just people who's jobs are not needed at the club anymore.

Think the footballers themselves are easy targets. Billionaires are happy to throw the millionaires under the bus.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It is short-sighted by the club to let go of those staff. Once football resumes we will need to re-hire. Rebuilding lost standing and reputation is easier said than done.

It is simply incredibly bad PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom