• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,490

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not too happy with this transfer, but it seems we're putting money towards CM and CB.

Yeah but his wages are not going to be 100k per week. You have to count signing on bonus when free transfers are taken into consideration. In the end, he will have higher wages than he had at Chelsea and that is a simple truth!

FinnGooner

Established Member
He will be on close to 200k per week after you count in signing on bonuses for him.

He would never leave Chelsea for us unless he is getting something massive from it.

One extra year even with the pay cut is >2 million. I'd call that massive. Not saying there aren't bonuses, of course there are some but for a player at his age one extra year is massive for security especially considering the times we live in.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He will be on close to 200k per week after you count in signing on bonuses for him.

He would never leave Chelsea for us unless he is getting something massive from it.

2 years at Chelsea at 130k a week - £12.5M.

3 years at Arsenal at 100k a week not including any signing on fee he will get - £14.4M.

So he will earn more wage wise but also probs have a 2-6M signing on fee included. Either way Willian for 3 years at £15-20M is brilliant for the club. This season coming he will still be at his best, season after may start declining and his final year he will probably just be useful off the bench.

Either way when you look at those numbers over 3 years its good business. We need CL football to pick ourselves back up financially.

senna

are signing on bonuses not part of every contract? Even when they move for a fee or renew with existing team?

I agree Willian isnt going to sign for us without it being a favourable deal for him, but if you were an older footballer i would totally take the longer contract deal for bit less money. If stadiums are gonna remain closed or there is another suspension then lots of contracts are going to be coming down. Now its upto arsenal to to work out on his physical condition and whether he is capable of playing at a high level for 3 or 4 years, hopefully unlike the Özil situation they make the right call.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

He's getting an additional year from us maybe 2, that's pretty massive for a player who is 32. I think its good business, focus on CB and Partey.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
If ESPN correct sounds like a good deal all round. Better option than Coutinho.
I`m pretty sure he will be a very good player for the next two seasons. Worst case he will be of little use in his last year but on 100K a week it won`t be close to the situation we have with Özil now. He has a fantastic injury record, works very hard and is generally a very talented footballer that is extremly comfortable on the ball.

Trofton

He ended the season in fine form as well I really like him he’s a committed player who always gives 100% on the pitch something arsenal struggle with Sometimes

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Heard Arteta is already thinking about benching him mid season so we don't have to pay the appearance bonuses of his wage to Kia.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I'm really happy for this signature. We can't afford to spend much on this position but we clearly needed reinforcement.

Willian isn't washed at all. He's still among the best offensive player at Chelsea and in the league (6th in chances created this season), he works hard on both end of the pitch. Never injured.

If we manage to sign Gabriel and partey alongside him, then I'd say it's a fantastic piece of business, when you take into account the context we're in.
By the end of his contract saka should be more mature and maybe Nelson too. So the timing is good too.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's getting an additional year from us maybe 2, that's pretty massive for a player who is 32. I think its good business, focus on CB and Partey.
Does Kia have a CB and Partey on his books?

say yes

forum master baiter
Never been one of the usual suspects crying about Kia’s involvement in the club, but I wasn’t happy with this signing originally and it genuinely makes me a bit sick to think we’re pushing ahead this after sacking our entire scouting team. And after giving Cedric a four year deal as well.

Grim. Proof will be in the pudding, but our dealings stink and have ruined my excitement for this transfer window.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Weirdos speculating on how many add ons and bonuses might be included in this deal as if signing on bonuses never existed before this contract. Another way of looking at it might be Saka tied down for 5 years, plus Willian signed for what it would have cost us to keep Mkhi.

Edit - Saka might not be worth it if he received a sign on fee and has appearance bonuses etc.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Never been one of the usual suspects crying about Kia’s involvement in the club, but I wasn’t happy with this signing originally and it genuinely makes me a bit sick to think we’re pushing ahead this after sacking our entire scouting team. And after giving Cedric a four year deal as well.

Grim. Proof will be in the pudding, but our dealings stink and have ruined my excitement for this transfer window.
Me too i'm not really happy about the contract length even with less wages but seem we targeting to spend more money on CM And CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom