• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Manberg

Predator
I just realised something. Those who were calling for boycotting games in order to hurt Stan’s pockets have inadvertently got their wish for that past five months, with more months to come.

Congratulations. Not attending games didn’t actually hurt Stan’s pockets it hurt Arsenal’s pockets, seeing as match day revenue is so important to the club. Are you happy?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I just realised something. Those who were calling for boycotting games in order to hurt Stan’s pockets have inadvertently got their wish for that past five months, with more months to come.

Congratulations. Not attending games didn’t actually hurt Stan’s pockets it hurt Arsenal’s pockets, seeing as match day revenue is so important to the club. Are you happy?
I think the nature of the boycott was to send a message and through symbolism while other clubs we should be competing with are free without these controversies. Every club is operating under these circumstances so of course it won't have the same effect. Match day revenue was always the wrong area of focus for the boycott, empty stadiums sends a clear message to the board and the footballing world.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

The whole boycotting matches to hurt "Stan" is one of the stupidest things someone could think of doing.

If they are doing it to save themselves money then I get it. But if their aim is to make a person with $7-8bn feel the pinch they will never in their lifetime achieve what they set out to do.

It's like robbing a penny from a millionaire everyday. It's so small in the grand scheme of things it doesnt affect him in the slightest. The club. Yes. But Stan. No.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

A boycott or walk out during normal times would have sent a message. A worldwide pandemic is a different matter. When things return to normal, if the fans walked out there would be pressure from sponsors and the possibility of a depreciating asset-unless Kroenke intends to turn Emirates in to a block of flats.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
The whole boycotting matches to hurt "Stan" is one of the stupidest things someone could think of doing.

If they are doing it to save themselves money then I get it. But if their aim is to make a person with $7-8bn feel the pinch they will never in their lifetime achieve what they set out to do.

It's like robbing a penny from a millionaire everyday. It's so small in the grand scheme of things it doesnt affect him in the slightest. The club. Yes. But Stan. No.

The club is worth 1-2 billion as an asset to him, if the club loses a massive portion of its income outside of something temporary like a pandemic its value will plummet leading to sales ala Leeds which will torpedo its value. He also has loans out to pay for buying the rest of the club which are probably dependent on the value of the club. It has a potential to be catastrophic for him. He wont be eating at McDonalds anytime soon but his net worth would be much much less.

akhil

^^ A lot of his net worth is based on his sports teams. They'll all be taking a hit in these circumstances.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I've just realized that Gazidis has to shoulder some of the blame for our staff redundancies.

Its like The Wire with how mistakes from years ago are costing us now.

Gazidis did a psis poor job regarding our commercial deals. We became overly reliant on matchday revenue.

Now we get zero matchday revenue so we're feeling the pinch more than most other clubs.

We then sacked 55 staff members. When will we stop paying for that bald fraud's negligence?

To top it all off, he goes off to a job at a similar level, probably at a higher salary.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

I am not big on boycotts and prefer protests but I think the point is boycotts could hurt income, create bad publicity, can hit sponsors and create a vicious cycle where the guy ends up making a fat profit by selling rather by milking the club over decades.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

When is this prick going to sell up before he realizes he is in over his head...
Could be poised to sell now with the consolidation of the club and the streamlining of different areas. Typically these activities are key M&A activities which is where Tim Lewis' core competencies lie...just a thought.

Kav

Established Member
So according to Swiss ramble Kroenke has not put a penny into Arsenal vet the last five years.

To think people were blaming Wenger for not spending in those circumstances.

Top Bottom