• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Thank god one of our best players is finally staying till the end of his career, feels like in the Emirates era it's very hard to have favorite players because they always end up destroying their legacy by going to a rival (Cesc, RVP, Sanchez) hopefully Auba gives us a solid 2-3 years so he can go down as a club legend.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...-emerick-aubameyang-keen-arsenal-22462115.amp

”Aubameyang is waiting to see what calibre of player the Gunners are able to bring in before making a final decision on his future. They claim that the 31-year-old is dreaming of being reunited with his former Dortmund strike partner Ousmane Dembele, who could be available from Barcelona.”
Dembele is always hurt, that would be a waste of money.

I say that through gritted teeth as someone who thinks Dembele is one of the most talented players in the game, very few are better IMO. If we could get him fit then cool.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I am liking for the chungking Express avatar
MaleWetAphid-small.gif

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We also promised him if the players took a pay cut no one would lose their jobs. 55 redundancies later..
Don Raul the killer. If we had him in 2012 Van Persie would be tied down to a new deal within the first meeting. Wenger was always too honest for this world, bless him.

razörist

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...-emerick-aubameyang-keen-arsenal-22462115.amp

”Aubameyang is waiting to see what calibre of player the Gunners are able to bring in before making a final decision on his future. They claim that the 31-year-old is dreaming of being reunited with his former Dortmund strike partner Ousmane Dembele, who could be available from Barcelona.”
Tsk and my front three in Fifa career mode is Dembele-Auba-Pepe. Make it happen!

razörist

Meh, not pleased with this. He is 31. When the deal is over he will be 34. Can see him just sitting on his arse collecting wages. Retirement Home FC.
He basically paid for his own deal with his performances vs City and Chelsea. Well-deserved.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Speaking about the transfer of the Arsenal star striker last night, Arsène Wenger said: "We have already recruited since we bought (Olivier) Giroud and (Lukas) Podolski who originally were intended to offset the departure of Van Persie."

That was Wenger revisionism trying to save face.. Unless, Wenger had previously lied, RVP had lied & Ferguson had all lied, all in the same direction at the same time.

If RVP was making ultimatums to the board after the season ended, and Wenger was still trying to get him to stay, and Ferguson didn't know he was available until the summer, how does that match up with us having signed Podolski at the start of April and having signed Giroud before Wenger was still telling us RVP would renew, and weeks before RVP burnt his bridges to force a move. And it in mid July Wenger was still telling us he wanted RVP to stay.

"For me, Van Persie is one of the best strikers in the world, if not the best, and my desire is to keep him at the club," - 21st July 2012

Sorry, but the timeline just doesn't fit.

Unless Wenger's statement is that Giroud and Podolski were long-term replacements intended to be bedded in for a year behind RVP, before RVP forced his move, which makes sense and I can believe is plausible, but undermines your argument.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I’m happy he’s staying but has he actually been linked to anywhere else? Genuine question.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
That was Wenger revisionism trying to save face.. Unless, Wenger had previously lied, RVP had lied & Ferguson had all lied, all in the same direction at the same time.

If RVP was making ultimatums to the board after the season ended, and Wenger was still trying to get him to stay, and Ferguson didn't know he was available until the summer, how does that match up with us having signed Podolski at the start of April and having signed Giroud before Wenger was still telling us RVP would renew, and weeks before RVP burnt his bridges to force a move. And it in mid July Wenger was still telling us he wanted RVP to stay.

"For me, Van Persie is one of the best strikers in the world, if not the best, and my desire is to keep him at the club," - 21st July 2012

Sorry, but the timeline just doesn't fit.

Unless Wenger's statement is that Giroud and Podolski were long-term replacements intended to be bedded in for a year behind RVP, before RVP forced his move, which makes sense and I can believe is plausible, but undermines your argument.
Dude, Wenger was a serial liar and had one of the best poker faces around. Whenever there were controversial moments or penalties and he was asked in his post match interviews what he thought, he'd always say "I don't know. I have to see it again.", which was his way of getting pressure off of him at that given moment, even though he knew all too well what happened.

He knew RVP was going to leave because otherwise you wouldn't bring in two offensive players before that transfer. He was probably hesitant to sell him to a rival, because he basically handed Fergie the league by sending him there.
The writing was on the wall the moment we brought those two to help ease the massive gap in our attack left by his presence upfront.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wonder if Lacazette and Aubas fates are intertwined and in what way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom