• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Auba singing is huge for us in my opinion. He wants us to show ambition and clearly we have made the promise to him so let's see what caliber of players we bring in now.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Hopefully! Willian/Saka, Auba, Pepe leaving us with Martinelli & Nketiah as cover. We need to cash in now on Laca, next summer would be pointless.
Oh yeah for sure we need to sell him. I'm just not convinced it'll happen.

Also, Martinelli is a write-off until at least the new year, then he'll probably take a while to get up to speed.

I was mega excited about the prospect of developing him to be a CF but we've only given him like two chances there, and he impressed.

Then again, you'd assume Willian will take the LWF role, moving Auba centrally...

Maybe things are in motion. I just feel Auba and Eddie aren't enough, both numbers wise and neither having certain attributes - like top tier technique, passing, vision. We need a truly class "false 9" type in the squad.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If this is confirmed it's excellent news. There are only a handful of players of Auba's category in the world, in his position, and we can't afford to buy any of them. So his departure would necessarily mean weakening the squad and the first XI.

If Martinelli and Saka carry on their upwards progress and Pepe settles in better these could be exciting times up front. And we seem to be doing well in goal too.

Sort out the centre-back and central midfield situation and we're in business.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Wonder if Lacazette and Aubas fates are intertwined and in what way
Auba’s demands of getting better players surely had upgrading on Laca as no 1 priority. Can imagine clenching his fist in disgust every time Laca bums around with the ball, but still upkeeping a good facade.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Auba’s demands of getting better players surely had upgrading on Laca as no 1 priority. Can imagine clenching his fist in disgust every time Laca bums around with the ball, but still upkeeping a good facade.
No when you see them together you know 100% they are best buds. Elite from Laca to befriend him like this, makes it impossible to move him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think its clear now Arteta see's Auba as a left forward. His goal return there is as good as when he plays at 9, so have no problems with him playing there.

Its also clear Arteta isn't convinced by Lacazette, it would have been interesting to see who played the final few games of the season if Eddie didn't get suspended. Given his contract situation, I think there is a good chance Lacazette leaves this summer, which means we 100% bring in another 9.

I reckon Eduoard is one to keep an eye on later in the window.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think its clear now Arteta see's Auba as a left forward. His goal return there is as good as when he plays at 9, so have no problems with him playing there.

Its also clear Arteta isn't convinced by Lacazette, it would have been interesting to see who played the final few games of the season if Eddie didn't get suspended. Given his contract situation, I think there is a good chance Lacazette leaves this summer, which means we 100% bring in another 9.

I reckon Eduoard is one to keep an eye on later in the window.

We have to sell Lacazette. He's not good enough, he has 2 years left so a decision needs to be made. Sell him for 35 million and use the cash to buy Edouard. We cannot afford to miss out on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom