• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,670
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Is everyone just ignoring that City are in for him and will certainly beat us to his signature? Too bad, for that rumoured price tag he's much, much better business than Thomas in an area of even bigger need.

I think what people are missing in this is that Aouar is like the perfect 8 for Guardiola. He'll more take Gündogan's minutes than Foden or Bernardo's. Definitely can see City signing him.

Last edited:
D

Dial Square 1886

If we sell who we want to sell this summer the fee shouldn't be a problem.

Gabriel - £28M
Partey - £45M
Aouar - £55M

Is only £130M. After sales it would be like 50-70M net. Maybe even less. Very doable.

We want to sell AMN (£30M), Guendouzi (£25M), Torreira (£20M), Sokratis/Holding/Mustafi (£15M). That alone is 90M recouped...

We never get that for our players though.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Absolute dream signing. Could live with a cheaper option than Partey if necessary.

Should be possible to get enough funds together for Gabriel+Partey and Aouar though. Lacazette + Torreira + Guendouzi should get us quite far + deadwood should get us all the way. Otherwise, sell Xhaka as he's redundant afterwards.

benjamin86

Established Member
Is everyone just ignoring that City are in for him and will certainly beat us to his signature? Too bad, for that rumoured price tag he's much, much better business than Thomas in an area of even bigger need.

I think what people are missing in this is that Aouar is like the perfect 8 for Guardiola. He'll more take Gündogan's minutes than Foden or Bernardo's. Definitely can see City signing him.
I think you maintain an interest in Aouar as a long shot just incase City decide against it but you pursue other options.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
This guy is amazing and he will show it again tonight and then we WILL sign him! He is my dream signing at this time!

D

Dial Square 1886

This is going to be a classic A-M thread me thinks!!

Building up of expectations based on basically nothing and then the standard responses when he signs elsewhere.

Would of course be a wonderful addition, but I do not see it happening unfortunately.

benjamin86

Established Member
This is going to be a classic A-M thread me thinks!!

Building up of expectations based on basically nothing and then the standard responses when he signs elsewhere.

Would of course be a wonderful addition, but I do not see it happening unfortunately.
Gonna be fun when we pursue him for weeks and weeks and Buendia goes elsewhere for 20m.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If we sell who we want to sell this summer the fee shouldn't be a problem.

Gabriel - £28M
Partey - £45M
Aouar - £55M

Is only £130M. After sales it would be like 50-70M net. Maybe even less. Very doable.

We want to sell AMN (£30M), Guendouzi (£25M), Torreira (£20M), Sokratis/Holding/Mustafi (£15M). That alone is 90M recouped...
Think this summer is all about the sales. I’d only sell AMN if we sign someone highly rated to replace. Otherwise he’s a good utility player to have around.

The rest can go.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Think this summer is all about the sales. I’d only sell AMN if we sign someone highly rated to replace. Otherwise he’s a good utility player to have around.

The rest can go.

I'm just going by curent rumours tbf as I'd also like to keep AMN.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I guess you dont want us getting top 4 then?

I think the priority should be the right 8. To mr that's the key. Can we buy someone who can unlock Pepe. I think Aoaur is a good player, but he is always on the left hand side. Like Ceballos he is just so much more comfortable there. We need an attacking midfielder who is very comfortable in the right half space while also being right footed.

Ashybashy86

I would rather play Saka as a left 8 than buy Aouar. We also have ESR.
I admire your faith in the youth, but we need to challenge for top 4 next season. A player of Aouar's calibre would go a long way in helping us achieve that.

I have no doubt Saka and ESR will still get plenty of minutes in cup games.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think the priority should be the right 8. To mr that's the key. Can we buy someone who can unlock Pepe. I think Aoaur is a good player, but he is always on the left hand side. Like Ceballos he is just so much more comfortable there. We need an attacking midfielder who is very comfortable in the right half space while also being right footed.

Aouar is right footed and would be the third CM creating. Doesnt matter which side he is.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aouar is right footed and would be the third CM creating. Doesnt matter which side he is.

Ofcourse it does. He evidently prefers playing on the left. Saka is much more comfortable on the left than the right. People take things like this for granted. Pepe is left footed but prefers the right.

Aoaur is always in the left half space of a 3 and always on the left in a double pivot. We need someone for the right.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I admire your faith in the youth, but we need to challenge for top 4 next season. A player of Aouar's calibre would go a long way in helping us achieve that.

I have no doubt Saka and ESR will still get plenty of minutes in cup games.

There is no way Aouar comes to England and bosses the premier league in his first season. It will be adaptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom