• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I say do it if possible. It won't likely be the full 18m paid and the structure might suit us since it'll likely be paid staggered.

We get him off the books, move away from being asked about him every week and can continue rebuilding as a team.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Maybe I’m really dull but doesn’t that just take 18M out of our budget now as opposed to the over the whole year?

Depends on under what structure we'll be paying, no? I honestly don't know.

Maybe we pay 10m up front and the rest over a couple of years? It would be less money than paying him the full 18m to sit at home for the remaining year of his contract.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not sure in the logic behind this. Only way i could see it working is if they say they’ll pay him half in January and half next summer (as an example). Then they’d be relying on him to accept a deferred payment. Otherwise we gain nothing other than him not being around.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Has there been a worse contract in football? Even the likes of Torres, Veron, Alexis etc took the transfer.

We pay 18m then he can just get a fresh contact elsewhere. :lol: So back injury / mental health / other issues dont really exist?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Has there been a worse contract in football? Even the likes of Torres, Veron, Alexis etc took the transfer.

We pay 18m then he can just get a fresh contact elsewhere. :lol: So back injury / mental health / other issues dont really exist?
Alexis contract is far worse than mesut.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Best we can hope for is he takes a minor paycut if he's allowed to stay in Turkey until summer 2021.

say yes

forum master baiter
Good stuff. He’s clearly an awful influence on the squad, and a distraction from what Arteta is trying to achieve here.

And to think the usual suspects sent me death threats last year for suggesting we offer him to clubs for free. Now we’re having to pay for him to **** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom