• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasBootist

This video really isn't impressive lmao, makes Arteta's build up play look like struggle football. Our players just don't have a good touch or controls or even any capable passers tbh.
I simply used the video to debunk the false gospel on this here forum that Lacazette offers little to the team, or his link-up play is weak. His work as a false-nine brings the best out of Aubameyang and he's good for roughly 15+ goals a season.

No need to replace him with Edouard imvho.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I simply used the video to debunk the false gospel on this here forum that Lacazette offers little to the team, or his link-up play is weak. His work as a false-nine brings the best out of Aubameyang and he's good for roughly 15+ goals a season.

No need to replace him with Edouard imvho.

That video made his link up play look weak though, take a heavy first touch and pass it back to the CB for example. Lacazette is just not that good of a player.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
:lol:

Giroud was doing something similar and he got labelled a donkey yet Lacazette is a messiah when he attempts a little flick or hold up play. We paid 52m for someone to do the Emile Heskey role.

And some people think we have agendas...

Certain players can get away with doing the bare minimum, that's why I say it's a popularity contest.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Any thoughts anyone on the £30m banded around that Atletico would be willing to pay for Laca? From the market value sights it’s more around £40m. Guess COVID is having an impact on what clubs can charge with everyone’s revenue down.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Any thoughts anyone on the £30m banded around that Atletico would be willing to pay for Laca? From the market value sights it’s more around £40m. Guess COVID is having an impact on what clubs can charge with everyone’s revenue down.
There were several pages where the majority of the forum was happy when he scored against Pool cause “we can trick someone into buying for 30 mil”.

Im sure most here would bite your hand off.

For me I would need to see what they did with those funds first.

gamechannel

There were several pages where the majority of the forum was happy when he scored against Pool cause “we can trick someone into buying for 30 mil”.

Mesut, is that you?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Let’s see what happens once Aubameyang’s contract situation is clearer. I hope we get a good price for him if he is sold.

I must admit I will miss him and seeing him and Aubameyang celebrating goals together. He is a hard worker although he has been a bit below par this year. If he stays hopefully he can discover his scoring boots again.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I'm worried that Laca is the source of all of Auba's powers. Not sure where we can find him a bro as good as him.
Didn’t stop him from bagging 98 in 144 at Dortmund, or 37 in 87 at Saint Etienne. Think he’d be even more deadly with a bigger, faster, stronger (e.g. Edouard) CF to play off of.

Maybe we sell Laca to West Ham so they can still hang out after training?

Manberg

Predator
:lol:

Giroud was doing something similar and he got labelled a donkey yet Lacazette is a messiah when he attempts a little flick or hold up play. We paid 52m for someone to do the Emile Heskey role.

And some people think we have agendas...

Who said Giroud's a donkey? Personally I prefer Giroud over Lacazette.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Who said Giroud's a donkey? Personally I prefer Giroud over Lacazette.

Scroll back between 2012 - 2018 and you’ll see many of our fans calling Giroud a donkey.

For a 50m striker, you’d expect a lot more than a rich mans Emile Heskey. Lacazette got 10 goals this season in the PL and 13 goals the previous season, that’s unacceptable imo for a 50m striker.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Giroud was absolutely a donkey tbh. He saved his career by giving up on scoring and embracing his role as a beanpole.

This guy is class, great first touch - can shoot any where in the box. He’s one of our very few sellable assets and if he went to a better team like Athletico I would only wish him well.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Giroud was absolutely a donkey tbh.

This guy is class, great first touch - can shoot any where in the box. He’s one of our very few sellable assets and if he went to a better team like Athletico I would only wish him well.

What’s the difference between Giroud and Lacazette?

It’s funny some rate Lacazette on here but Deschamps stuck with Giroud ahead of Lacazette for that World Cup squad. Giroud was hardly playing for his club in that same year for the lead up to the tournament IIRC.

It makes you wonder.

Just to mention, we spent 12m on Giroud which was decent but Lyon ripped us off for that 50m we spent on Lacazette.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

What’s the difference between Giroud and Lacazette?

It’s funny some rate Lacazette on here but Deschamps stuck with Giroud ahead of Lacazette for that World Cup squad. Giroud was hardly playing for his club in that same year for the lead up to the tournament IIRC.

It makes you wonder.
If Benzema was in the picture Giroud would never be starter for France.

Him getting the nod doesn’t necessarily prove his quality, Giroud has always been afforded chance after chance at the top level without any real merit he’s just privileged. Mustafi has a WC medal and players like Martial and Sane (after winning the league) didn’t even get call ups, I personally don’t give a sh*t about internationals tbh.

Lacazette is a more rounded striker albeit not particularly excelling at anything, other than he had super cool composure when he joined and can create and finish chances on his own. He was my favourite player to watch last season by a long shot.

We are not exactly supplying him with a plethora of chances - unlike Donkey Giroud when he was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom