• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Xhaka and Ceabllos have been excllent together since post lockdown. Willian was a rivals top 3 best players this season and up there amongst the most chances creates in the league.

Rather them than the very big gamble that is Partey.
Have you read the news? Ceballos is not going to be loaned again. We are stuck with static Xhaka for life

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Xhaka and Ceabllos have been excllent together since post lockdown. Willian was a rivals top 3 best players this season and up there amongst the most chances creates in the league.

I think the Ceballos/Xhaka partnership has been very overrated. I like Ceballos and would like to keep him but in the games againsy City, Liverpool and to a lesser extent Chelsea, we basically conceded all of the posession to the oppositon and defended deep with Lacazette giving the midfield at a lot of support. Even then such as the first 20 minutes against Chelsea our midfield was badly exposed. We have to find a midfield than can compete against the best midfields around and that can dominate againat the lesser teams and I don`t think a partnership of Xhaka/Ceballos can do that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nothing on the official account?

https://twitter.com/AFCArsenalHorse
Give it a couple days/weeks. My mate knows his mate, said it’s done and everything pending agreement on fee and wages from Arsenal, Atletico and Partey.

He’s going to wear the no69 apparently because, and this is a quote apparently, he “wants the London girls to know he’s a top shagger”.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well Atletico are a good UCL team. Arsenal are currently UEL team.

It's mostly the money that will attract him here at this point.

True! I've no problem with paying release clause, just think wage is a bit high. Then again if its a 4 or 5 yr contract not so bad I guess. We definitely need him that's for sure!

REWB

No offense but I can tell you're a very short sighted person. That pair wasn't that great, and even so, there is a huge possibility that one or both will lose form during the season and we have absolutely no depth.

Divided_Pie

You have to look at the Xhaka/Ceballos pairing in context - Arteta resorted to a 3-4-3 and was largely willing to concede possession and rely on the counter-attack to score goals. This was a good tactical change in terms of winning the FA cup and securing European football but it's not how Arteta says he wants to play, how City plays, or how Edu says he wants Arsenal to play.

To consistently get to top 4 and challenge for the league and CL Arsenal will need to play with possession and dominate inferior teams.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Excellent together in a two with 5 defenders behind them. It does not work in a 4 at the back at all in any way shape or form.

Finesse

Credit to Dani and Xhaka for their performances. However Arteta picked a system that made is easier for them. The team work and tactical use of Niles especially in the big games provided space for xhaka and Dani to flourish. However we cannot play like that every game. Arteta wants to be able to dominate teams. You cannot go to the mid-table to bottom sides and play Niles ( tactical formation that nullified city , liv and chelsea ) and give away possession to hit them on the counter. We need to be able to dominate the midfield and protect the defense while feeding the front players. These games are priority and these points determine top four positioning while we can tactically battle out with the top teams.

Hence Partey comes into the fray. Partey is not a gamble . Unless you have not watched him play. The CL is still on please make time and see his game. Look out for the following :

1) Athleticism , count his interceptions / breaking up play , aggressiveness / long legs that gets him to the ball first on a 50/50 , natural ability to use his body and shield the ball in tight / crowded areas and his ability to cover ground in the midfield and from a box to box perspective. ( Xhaka and Ceballos cannot match that)

2) First touch , time on the ball , quick passes , forward passes and most importantly his natural ability to zip passes in between the lines straight into the forwards feet.

We can build the midfield around him without doubt. Arteta knows that. Arteta knows what he wants and how this team should play. He wants an identity. For now he is deploying a tactic we have used in transition. It was effective against the TOP sides but we struggled when we had to go to the mid table sides and dominate the game. With the FA Cup win , he thinks the belief and confidence is there to step up to the next level with this team.

I hope the deal gets done after Athletico's CL campaign or at least we have a verbal for now. I do not worry about his fee. 50M is 10 more than what we have set as a fee for Gouenduzi. That is relatively cheap for a player of his quality and that is my worry. Someone else may step in and close it if we blink.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Partey is a gamble like most DCM or box to box Defensive midfielders.

People were raving about Wanyama being world class at the time due to his MOTM performances against Barcelina.

That position is the biggest gamble out of all positions as proven by Kleberson, Anderson, Fred, Bayakao, Ndombele, Wanyama, Mikel, Paulinho, Djemba Djemba and Seri.

You even get players in that position that have one off fantastic seasons and fail to get anywhere near that level again such as Song, Schdelrian, Capoue, Coquelin, Flamini, Parker, Drinkwater and Dacoure.

Partey in granted the limited matches ive seen him i the past few years seems closer to Wanyama level than the Vieira and Yaya Toure level that people on here make him out to be.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
Partey is a gamble like nost DCM or box to box Defensive midfielders.

People were raving about Wanyama being world class at the time due to his MOTM perfoamnces against Barcelina.

That position is the biggest gamble out of all positions as proven by Kleberson, Anderson, Fred, Bayakao, Ndombele, Wanyama, Mikel, Paulinho, Djemba Djemba and Seri.

You even get players in that position that have one off fantastic seasons and fail to get anywhere near that level again such as Song, Schdelrian, Capoue, Coquelin, Flamini, Parker, Drinkwater and Dacoure.

Partey in granted the limited matches ive seen him i the past few years seems closer to Wanyama level than the Vieira and Yaya Toure level that people on here make him out to be.
Not sure I agree with this reasoning. What made those guys risky signings was their untested quality at the top level, not their position.

Partey has been performing week-in, week-out at the very highest level, at one of the top clubs in the world. That’s quite far removed from what any of those others players you listed had achieved, and miles away from Wanyama at Celtic.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Partey is a gamble like nost DCM or box to box Defensive midfielders.

People were raving about Wanyama being world class at the time due to his MOTM perfoamnces against Barcelina.

You can`t be serious if you compare the likes of Djemba Djemba, Kleberson and Seri with Partey.

Mitch

You can`t be serious if you compare the likes of Djemba Djemba, Kleberson and Seri with Partey.

Kleberson had WC repuation starter for Brazil at the time.

Seri also has a big repuattion whilst linked to us. Xavi was raving about saying Barecelona should sign him.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Kleberson had WC repuation starter for Brazil at the time.

Seri also has a big repuation whilst linked to us. Xavi was raving about sayong Barecelona should sign him.

Not sure if you're being serious? Partey is a key part to an Atletico team who are always good in the champions league. Hes a champions league level player... the names you mentioned never were on a consistent basis.

Mitch

Not sure I agree with this reasoning. What made those guys risky signings was their untested quality at the top level, not their position.

Partey has been performing week-in, week-out at the very highest level, at one of the top clubs in the world. That’s quite far removed from what any of those others players you listed had achieved, and miles away from Wanyama at Celtic.

Hes been a starter for A.Madrid ( an extremely defensive side in much less competitve league than PL and has won less trophies than us in the time we have 4 FA cups) for max 3 season and featured very little prior to that.

It's hardly Utd signing Schweinsteiger (who flopped too) or Chelsea signing
Makelele in terms of proven quality player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom