• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Only him ? What if we sell Guendouzi and Torreira ?

I don't want to sell Torreira. I would be quite happy to go with Ceballos, Xhaka, Willian starting backed by Torreira, Willock, Smith Rowe and AMN as cover cover.

If we were to sign another player I would of liked Hjoberg, who is levels above Sp**s current cm dross. I've also always been very impressed by Hitzlsperger and Brozovic when I've seen them play.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I don't want to sell Torreira. I would be quite happy to go with Ceballos, Xhaka, Willian starting backed by Torreira, Willock, Smith Rowe and AMN as cover cover.

If we were to sign another player I would of liked Hjoberg, who is levels above Sp**s current cm dross. I've also always been very impressee by Hitzlsperger and Brozovic when I've seen them play.
Hitzlsperger ? Isn't he a technical director now ? looool he retired 5 years ago

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Reports say Partey wants 200k a week to sign for us. I rate him highly but how many defensive minded midfielders are on that kind of money in the world?

150k max or let's look elsewhere.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Reports say Partey wants 200k a week to sign for us. I rate him highly but how many defensive minded midfielders are on that kind of money in the world?

150k max or let's look elsewhere.

He isnt an outright defensive mid. Apart from Ndidi who would cost a small fortune there arent any other players on his level. Like Dan said its his last big contract. 200k a week is probably inc bonuses.

These are the prices you have to pay when you're a EL club looking to sign a CL level player.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He isnt an outright defensive mid. Apart from Ndidi who would cost a small fortune there arent any other players on his level. Like Dan said its his last big contract. 200k a week is probably inc bonuses.

These are the prices you have to pay when you're a EL club looking to sign a CL level player.

I'd be happy enough if its 150k a week and the other 50k can be made up in terms of bonuses like top 4, goals, assists, MOTM performances etc.

He might not be a typically sit in front of the defense Gilberto but he is more defensive minded than attacking. Barely scores and barely assists and for us will rarely be anywhere near the oppositions box.

Kane, Rashford and Salah are all on around 200k a week. They are goalscoring game changers. Hes probably on a third of that at Atletico.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I'd be happy enough if its 150k a week and the other 50k can be made up in terms of bonuses like top 4, goals, assists, MOTM performances etc.

He might not be a typically sit in front of the defense Gilberto but he is more defensive minded than attacking. Barely scores and barely assists and for us will rarely be anywhere near the oppositions box.

Kane, Rashford and Salah are all on around 200k a week. They are goalscoring game changers. Hes probably on a third of that at Atletico.
40k a week after tax so a fifth

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
40k a week after tax so a fifth

So what about 70-80k before tax a week? Surely doubling his money is more than sufficient if he has a burning desire to play in the PL and play for Arsenal. As Arteta once said. If we have to convince a player to join us it's no good.

5 year contract 150k a week maybe couple bonuses for top 4 threw in and if that isnt enough he can stay where he is.

It's not like we are competing for him it seems its us or he stays at AM.

DasBootist

So what about 70-80k before tax a week? Surely doubling his money is more than sufficient if he has a burning desire to play in the PL and play for Arsenal. As Arteta once said. If we have to convince a player to join us it's no good.

5 year contract 150k a week maybe couple bonuses for top 4 threw in and if that isnt enough he can stay where he is.

It's not like we are competing for him it seems its us or he stays at AM.
Are u dumb blud? A player of Partey's quality willing to move to a Europa League club gets £200k a week, if that's what he wants.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Are u dumb blud?
No need to get all personal, mate.

I don't know about 200k a week. The mess we're in not able to get rid of our deadwood is because of our poor wage structure (Elneny on 50k, Mustafi on 100k etc.). Ideally, you have 2-3 players at around 200k max and those are your core players.

Now, I highly rate Partey so I'm inclined to still say sign him up, but realistically we probably shouldn't do it for that money. There are probably smarter signings out there that would cost less money in total outlay.

I've mentioned Donny van de Beek before who would probably cost €40m in transfer fee and 100k in wages. Amortized that's €7.5m less a year for a 5 year contract.

There must be other all-round midfielders who'd be even cheaper, allowing us to spend more elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom