• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Erdogan?

Yeah you don’t want to see former and current players have a feud like this but is it a big deal? Don’t think either are losing any sleep over it. You just being petty. I have seen Keown praise Özil since then.
Sorry I meant Erkut Sogut, Özil's agent

GDeep™

League is very weak
"Toxic" is kind of a subjective thing, but would say his constant PR posturing and comments such as the one in the article, both of which are clearly meant to divide the fanbase and create "sides", is pretty toxic behaviour and not doing the club any favours.
Today’s article? Like I said earlier, I think it’s on the back of a season where there have been constant leaks about him. He’s frozen out of the team and isn’t getting back in either. When does he speak? Because we are getting weekly leaks about him.

The club leaking him not buckling for a pay cut is what’s toxic.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

The Keown thing? How is his agent attacking a former player going to cause problems within the club? That’s a big leap from you. If anything his team mates will back him I think.
I was referring to Sogut's attack on Keown 2 years ago. I didn't mention 'Toxic' in my original post.

I said some Özil fans were cheering him on. Regarding the toxicity you speak of. Then yes, this present interview with the Athletic is clearly toxic.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I hope the club pay him off quietly and then let slide down the drain tbh. He’s threatening to **** up our season with his bullshit politics.

If he cared so much about the club he’d **** right off. I’m praying they pay him off but I have no confidence that he’ll accept it. It’s just going to be interesting to see the reactions of people when he refuses.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is why I was in Özil needs to get the **** out ASAP. Why are we talking about black lives matter?
sorry, i should have used another tag. It doesnt matter really.

This is sort of a wake-up call for everyone. We all need to be mature about how we react to these news.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

This is why I was in Özil needs to get the **** out ASAP. Why are we talking about black lives matter?
Özil is damn brilliant. He has succeeded in diverting attention away from his on pitch performance and we've spent the last 8-10 hours debating BLM and Uyghr.

Pretty ingenuous :drool:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Regarding the toxicity you speak of. Then yes, this present interview with the Athletic is clearly toxic.
It probably is, I agree. But you’ve been calling him toxic, a bad influence, trouble maker etc, for weeks, and you haven’t backed it up.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I hope the club pay him off quietly and then let slide down the drain tbh. He’s threatening to **** up our season with his bullshit politics.

If he cared so much about the club he’d **** right off. I’m praying they pay him off but I have no confidence that he’ll accept it. It’s just going to be interesting to see the reactions of people when he refuses.
From the way things are going, he might even refuse the pay off just to fück with the club

Manberg

Predator
Club doesn't have £45m to pay Partey's release clause. How're they going to waste the budget to pay Özil £18m just to get him off?

GDeep™

League is very weak

Im sure you can terminate the contract if you’ve fulfilled the financial commitments, wether the player wants to or not.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

this will be a big L. If AFC does this, they are idiots and crazy.

I dont think they are as idiotic as some of the posters here that they will even think about it.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Forgive my ignorance, but if the club cancel his contract and pay him off in full, how can he not accept it? I assume you mean strike a deal for less money. No, clearly he won't accept that. We should pay up as soon as the deadline for submitting squads is reached. Announce it on the website, thank him for his contribution and move on.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Forgive my ignorance, but if the club cancel his contract and pay him off in full, how can he not accept it? I assume you mean strike a deal for less money. No, clearly he won't accept that. We should pay up as soon as the deadline for submitting squads is reached. Announce it on the website, thank him for his contribution and move on.
If AFC buy out Ozils contract, they will be left with nothing.

They did not support him, they did not play him, and they basically set him adrift.

You allow any yahoo in the world to criticize you for mishandling the player

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Do you really deny the social, political and economic impetus of football? Especially in this day and age of football.

"A club is an association of people united by a common interest or goal." "Historically, clubs occurred in all ancient states of which we have detailed knowledge. Once people started living together in larger groups, there was need for people with a common interest to be able to associate despite having no ties of kinship."
That's as socially relevant as it gets.

And now with the absolutely politically motivated involvement of Middle Eastern money in football, you can't even deny this facet of the game. Don't even need to look that far. Mateschitz, the owner of Red Bull is widely known as a right winger, and while he may not slap his ideologies on the football clubs or the RB logo on right parties, he used his money to start a TV channel which regularly gives screentime to right wingers in talkshows, which at times happen to be so far right they ended up the only guests cause everyone else backed out. So even there is some political entanglement to find, look into and be critical of.

Football clubs and sports in general as social activities for which groups of people gather due to their common interest in it and the bigger "power" or draw in terms of influence as well as range that results from this group organization have always been highly socially relevant. Sports in general and football specifically do not exist in a bubble. Neither financial, nor social nor political.
Are you not confusing what football clubs are in Germany with what they actually are in England? In Germany they are owned by the club membership, but that isn’t Arsenal nor any of the other clubs in the PL. Arsenal is for all intent and purpose a company with the name football club in there. We are owned by Stan Kroenke and that is the end of that. So we are going to be run like a company. If we expect Arsenal to be something different think we are all in for a huge disappointment.

Hope I did not misread your post, but don’t think we should confuse what we are.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

this will be a big L. If AFC does this, they are idiots and crazy.

I dont think they are as idiotic as some of the posters here that they will even think about it.
United paid Sanchez off, albeit only 10% of it.
Does that make them crazy?

Everyone lauded them for it.

Obviously, it's far more difficult with Özil because doesn't want to play football and no sane club will go for him.

This is a big fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom