• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Forgive my ignorance, but if the club cancel his contract and pay him off in full, how can he not accept it? I assume you mean strike a deal for less money. No, clearly he won't accept that. We should pay up as soon as the deadline for submitting squads is reached. Announce it on the website, thank him for his contribution and move on.
Forgive mine too, because I’m just using what I think sounds right in saying he’d have the option to refuse a pay off because he signed contract at the end of the day. It wouldn’t seem right that somebody could force money into his pocket and tell him to **** off, as glad as I’d be to see that happen!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Özil is damn brilliant. He has succeeded in diverting attention away from his on pitch performance and we've spent the last 8-10 hours debating BLM and Uyghr.

Pretty ingenuous :drool:

Come on, he was asked a question specifically about it. He’s not some **** Cheney-esque puppet master controlling the narrative ffs.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
this will be a big L. If AFC does this, they are idiots and crazy.

I dont think they are as idiotic as some of the posters here that they will even think about it.
If the club don't pay him off, then they must announce before pre season, that he won't be playing, isn't part if the squad is free to leave and that we cant afford to buy him out. Tell him to stay away from the club. As long as it's all done legally, we can hopefully move on. All this chat is distracting. I say this disregarding any of Özil's personal or political opinions. He no longer suits us as a player and isn't in Arteta's plans and that's the main point being overlooked.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Today’s article? Like I said earlier, I think it’s on the back of a season where there have been constant leaks about him. He’s frozen out of the team and isn’t getting back in either. When does he speak? Because we are getting weekly leaks about him.

The club leaking him not buckling for a pay cut is what’s toxic.
The club leaked the truth about him. Özil didn't accept a pay cut - that's a fact. Özil's now in victim / accusation mode, talking about people trying to "destroy him" and "paint a picture that is not true". He's actively trying to manipulate and create conflict between the club and fans in order to save his own image and justify sitting on the bench making 350K per week. Its pretty ****in toxic if you ask me.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
United paid Sanchez off, albeit only 10% of it.
Does that make them crazy?

Everyone lauded them for it.

Obviously, it's far more difficult with Özil because doesn't want to play football and no sane club will go for him.

This is a big fiasco
He does want to play football, he was happily playing when Arteta took over, played EVERY game actually, then the pay cut issue happened and he got dumped.

Stop making up lies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Im sure you can terminate the contract if you’ve fulfilled the financial commitments, wether the player wants to or not.
That would seem very unfair to me. That’s like forcing redundancy on a man... Who is our resident contract law man again?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If the club don't pay him off, then they must announce before pre season, that he won't be playing, isn't part if the squad is free to leave and that we cant afford to buy him out. Tell him to stay away from the club. As long as it's all done legally, we can hopefully move on. All this chat is distracting. I say this disregarding any of Özil's personal or political opinions. He no longer suits us as a player and isn't in Arteta's plans and that's the main point being overlooked.
Should have been done immediately upon Emery's appointment. The club were too slow to move. Now, this has become a very publicised issue.

I think the best move would be to sit with him and his representatives, and work out a good solution.

As for the issue of his political or personal opinions, I don't think he has said anything negative about the club (but he has done enough harm anyway)

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You're right. I had to look this up. Can't believe this didn't create a storm. Guess we didn't anticipate Özil's close relation with his agent at the time.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/Özi...er-stupid-comments/1javhtwzz72q113dnonn24mnr1
Hadn’t read that article before. That agent Erkut Sogut sure is a piece of work. Well, guess he is doing what Özil pays him to do.

Too bad Özil never listened to the criticism and got stuck in and worked harder. He could have been a great player. Now the last half decade and the end of his time here at Arsenal will reflect very poorly on him and his overall career.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The club leaked the truth about him. Özil didn't accept a pay cut - that's a fact. Özil's now in victim / accusation mode, talking about people trying to "destroy him" and "paint a picture that is not true". He's actively trying to manipulate and conflict between the club and fans in order to save his own image and justify sitting on the bench making 350K per week. Its pretty ****in toxic if you ask me.
No, the truth was he and other players felt rushed, he was actually willing to take a bigger than required pay cut if there was transparency shown by the club, which there wasn’t.

When can he speak then? What should he do? Other than quietly disappear I don’t know what you want? It seems everyone else can speak, have an opinion, club can release leaks etc.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Alright he's not going.....don't even send his a** to the u23s, just tell him he can do what he likes, he's not part of the squad.

Either way we have to pay, but I'd rather keep the bad vibes away.

He's done out here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That would seem very unfair to me. That’s like forcing redundancy on a man... Who is our resident contract law man again?
Had a little read and it seems under FIFA rules both parties have to agree to terminate the deal.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He does want to play football, he was happily playing when Arteta took over, played EVERY game actually, then the pay cut issue happened and he got dumped.

Stop making up lies.
He and his agent has reiterated countless times that Özil will hunker down and ride out the last year of his contract regardless of what happens. Does that sound like someone that wants to play football?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If AFC buy out Ozils contract, they will be left with nothing.

They did not support him, they did not play him, and they basically set him adrift.

You allow any yahoo in the world to criticize you for mishandling the player
I hear you but the club is left with nothing at present. They've mishandled the situation but there's a way to end this with a simple statement that he's surplus to requirements and they wish him well. Emery clearly didn't want him and looked like the biggest loser when he played him again. Özil unfortunately seems to be a player who generates a lot of strong differing opinions-more than any player I can recall. The club doesn't need it. Alexis, Mutu, Yaya Toure, Terry, Collymore, Gazza, Icardi etc all generated a lot of chat. The talk sucking their clubs in stopped when they moved.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He and his agent has reiterated countless times that Özil will hunker down and ride out the last year of his contract regardless of what happens. Does that sound like someone that wants to play football?
Sounds like a power struggle/war with Raul if anything.

They are also saying this because they know they aren’t getting 350K a week anywhere else.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
“My position is clear. I’m here through to the last day of our agreement and I’ll give everything I have for this club.

"I showed in the past that I can come back into the team and I will show it again."

It's written in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom