• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not happy about that one nah?
Not sure how I feel about it either would rather we didn’t.
He's a creative player. Our biggest issue last season was creativity, an even bigger issue than our defense.

I understand you being skeptical about the age. I was at first. But I've warmed up to it. He will improve us for sure. But no one knows when he'll go down hill, whether two years time or even next season

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why is this funny?

You may not agree but its a legit debate to have. One is a natural goalscorer who's done it everywhere another one is a more gifted footballer who's more decorated.

As strikers there is a case for either.
I rate Benzema as a footballer and a goal scorer though. His numbers at Real are incredible, goals and assists, from wide and central, in an era where the team was built around Ronaldo - now he’s leading the attack after Ronaldo.

Lukaku scores for fun too. So you have to look at the whole package and guys like him and Auba simply can’t be spoken about with Benz.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Thing is with La Liga your opinion on the footballer will be the deciding factor.

Because players can rack up so many goals and top stats in La Liga due to incredibly poor defences across the board, if a player has amazing stats he will either be... amazing or he'll be in a terrible league stat padding. Depending on your opinion of the footballer and how you see it is what way it will go.

Champions league in big games and big moments is more of a factor, Ronaldo and Messi for example always do it on the big stage. Does Benzema? Not really.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Thing is with La Liga your opinion on the footballer will be the deciding factor.

Because players can rack up so many goals and top stats in La Liga due to incredibly poor defences across the board, if a player has amazing stats he will either be... amazing or he'll be in a terrible league stat padding. Depending on your opinion of the footballer and how you see it is what way it will go.

Champions league in big games and big moments is more of a factor, Ronaldo and Messi for example always do it on the big stage. Does Benzema? Not really.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Fair point but I think Benzema is the 4th leading CL scorer of all time.

Although there's an arguement to be made re: longevity and getting lots of games in the CL due to being on a dominant team.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Fair point but I think Benzema is the 4th leading CL scorer of all time.

Although there's an arguement to be made re: longevity and getting lots of games in the CL due to being on a dominant team.

Its all well and good but is it in the bigger games or once again stat padding in the group stages? If its regular and in big games then fair enough.

WilshereGone

I rate Benzema as a footballer and a goal scorer though. His numbers at Real are incredible, goals and assists, from wide and central, in an era where the team was built around Ronaldo - now he’s leading the attack after Ronaldo.

Lukaku scores for fun too. So you have to look at the whole package and guys like him and Auba simply can’t be spoken about with Benz.
There's not many forwards around like Benz though tbf. The guy's a certified baller that could probably play the 10 better than most actual 10s if he wanted to. I find it hard to compare him with any other forward because the guy's just built different.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s elite and certainly one of the more complete strikers but the praise I’m seeing here for Benzema is a bit ridiculous.

I remember in 2018 when he had scored 2 goals in the league at the time and he was strongly linked to Arsenal - a lot of people were pissed. Keep in mind this is la liga where goals aren’t that hard to come by for Madrid and Barca.

Some of you change your narratives just to put down Arsenal players sometimes. A lot of you like forwards who don’t score.

WilshereGone

It's a myth that it's easy to rack up stats in La Liga because of poor defending. The defending in the PL is no better lets be honest.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It's a myth that it's easy to rack up stats in La Liga because of poor defending. The defending in the PL is no better lets be honest.
You saw the quality of where "La Liga" is at last night. Barcelona were a comfortable second and at one point looked like they might win the league.

It's not about the defending, it's about the overwhelming superiority that two teams have had for decades and decades. A good defender defending badly is still better than a bad defender defending badly.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don't think we've offered him the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom