• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This transfer is more straight forward there no negotiating or something like that just like Warner with Chelsea pay his release clause and he is yours the deal was done in like 3-4 days or a week maximum. Journalists won't make articles because they knew fans won't feel for it because he has release clause and A.Madrid won't even consider a swap.

our interest is there and been since January him not signing new contract making things more clear he seeking to move. him signing new contract then he won't be going to PL or spanish gaints clubs if they want him because A.Madrid will surely raise his release clause to like 80-100M.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

His tweets don’t make any sense. Why are people falling for this?

There are only three scenarios in which he could be this certain / confident:

Scenario 1: We have already paid the release clause. This is clearly not what has happened because people would get wind.

Scenario 2: Thomas Partey’s camp has told the Bell (of all people) that Arsenal have promised they will definitely pay his release clause soon. This theory is problematic because: (a) clubs tell a player they’ll do something and then don’t do it all the time; and (b) why the **** would Partey then tell the Bell this information of all people?

Scenario 3: Arsenal have told the Bell they will definitely pay the release clause. Same issues. Again, (a) that is no guarantee they will actually do it; and (b) why the **** would Arsenal be telling the Bell this.

It’s utter nonsense. The key way of spotting a fake ITK is when they start talking with too much confidence. A transfer is not done until it is done. So much can and does go wrong. That’s why even someone like Ornstein, who gets fed information by the club, always limits his claims to things like “Arsenal are confident that...”.

This bell guy is an utter chancer. He knows that Partey is our main target and is saying we will “definitely” sign him because - if we do- he will con some people into thinking he’s ITK. In reality he’s just taking a punt that we’ll sign our top target before the new season starts. Stop falling for this rubbish.
Why are you so pressed?:lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I mean nothing can go wrong when paying a release clause in Spain... you give the money to the player, they give it to their club.

Everything points towards us doing that at some point.

Why can't you just wait @say yes for them to be proven right or wrong :lol:

Not doing you any harm.

akhil

His entourage talks a lot. He's had a lot of dream clubs at this point.

If he's refusing to sign an extension, this will drag on till the end of the window when Atletico will be forced to negotiate. All this talk about the release clause is BS, barely a handful of clubs will be willing to splunk 50M down in 1 go and none of them seem to be interested/need a player like him apart from may be Man Utd.

There'll be a few more interested clubs if they are interested in negotiating.

MikeVinna

Established Member
His entourage talks a lot. He's had a lot of dream clubs at this point.

If he's refusing to sign an extension, this will drag on till the end of the window when Atletico will be forced to negotiate. All this talk about the release clause is BS, barely a handful of clubs will be willing to splunk 50M down in 1 go and none of them seem to be interested/need a player like him apart from may be Man Utd.

There'll be a few more interested clubs if they are interested in negotiating.

What if we’re the only party that feels the need to splash the 50 mil at once and trigger the clause? Maybe thats the only way we beat bigger clubs to his signature?

Edit: Not getting my hopes up until he signs. As it stands he seems very much out of our league. He’s already at a club that usually goes far in the CL so why would he go to us?

akhil

What if we’re the only party that feels the need to splash the 50 mil at once and trigger the clause? Maybe thats the only way we beat bigger clubs to his signature?

Edit: Not getting my hopes up until he signs. As it stands he seems very much out of our league. He’s already at a club that usually goes far in the CL so why would he go to us?

I don't think we have that kind of liquid cash, nothing has changed in terms of our wage bill. We still have a CL wage bill with reduced EL income. This summer and next is when there will be some trimming in that area.

Even with sales, most of them will have deferred payment structures for the full transfer value. I know there are accounting tricks on how sales are registered vs incoming transfers (their amortization over the length of the contract), but meeting the release clause is a full payment in 1 go. No matter how much we generate I still doubt we have the ability to drop 50M this summer. We made losses the last couple of years and a big one this year I suspect.

I'm guessing Laca + 15M/Partey swap at the last minute is whats going to happen if this ever happens. Atletico's striking options are garbage, they spent 60M+ on Morata and have a geriatric Costa. Partey would just take Laca's wages (supposedly ~180K). They've done their due diligence on Laca already.

Unless KSE have pumped more money in to the club through the new loan restructuring which is available for transfers, I doubt we meet the release clause. I know the new structure unfreezes about 35M that was a stipulation from the previous creditors and annual 20M payments will be reduced but extra money must be going towards the drop in revenue from the pandemic.

Last edited:

senna

Isnt he injured at the moment? Maybe we are waiting for him to recover fully - given he cant start pre season until then. Also may make Atletico more nervous and willing to negotiate the longer it goes on as i think there were rumours Atletico were potentially in financial difficulties or needed funds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom