• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When Arsène was here everyone was quick to point out all his flaws and what he's doing wrong, ever since he left so many people have become statisticians to show how things aren't that bad even though we're worse than before :lol:

I was Arsène out at the end, it was hard not to be with the influence. But I can admit now that I was wrong and it's only gotten worse since he left, some people are too arrogant to admit that so just bullsh*t their way into feeling justified.
I was Wenger out at the end though, like watching a bear baiting contest in ye old market square.

Willian . . . 3 year contract at 32, openly criticising Pepe. It's like watching the club self destruct.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I think people get confused with your wording and Gdeeps to be fair. Because I see why you say last window caused us to come 8th... because we didn't get a top CB.

But at the same time that window has given Arteta Pepe, Tierney, Saliba and Martinelli. Potentially Ceballos as well. Players who will be huge for future trophy wins.

Also people will take shots at Luiz but he is an incredible leader and amazing for the dressing room.
I can feel your optimism through the wifi.

If I was stuck in a fox hole, out gunned, out numbered and out of ammo I'd wanted you as my wingman. :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I can feel your optimism through the wifi.

If I was stuck in a fox hole, out gunned, out numbered and out of ammo I'd wanted you as my wingman. :lol:

I'd make an excellent wing man in more ways than one :lol:

I think I'm just a very positive person but I won't be deluded and say we are going places if this window falls flat on its face.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

My wedding anniversary today and my wife bought me The Wenger Revolution coffee table book.

For a manager who just told the players to go out and do what they want, it makes you wonder how the photographers got all those training pics.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Despite this, our fans have definitely had a reality check. 'Top 4 isn't a trophy' and the like used to pervade this forum. 'Really hope we can get top 4 this year', becoming the norm now. :lol:
Actually last season people were excited at the chance of getting the Sixth Place Trophy.

I was never Wenger out because I didn't, and don't, see the manager as the problem but I wanted him to leave with dignity. The baiting was disgusting although he didn't hear much of this as the stadium crowd stayed mostly loyal and he probably didn't bother much with the online trolls. His farewell was as emotional a moment as any in our history since I've been a fan.

I don't think 3 years of Willian is a good deal but if he has a great season and helps up get into CL and win a trophy then it will have been a good deal. Big clubs do this type of signing to ensure they get their man, trouble with Arsenal doing it is that if we do this deal it means another cannot get done because we don't have the resources.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It was always going to get worse before it got better after Arsène left, so it's not surprising at all same happened with United and they're still trying to recover.
Except it didn’t really get worse though, did it? And how long did we have to wait for another trophy? A rookie came along and scooped one in a few months.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Despite this, our fans have definitely had a reality check. 'Top 4 isn't a trophy' and the like used to pervade this forum. 'Really hope we can get top 4 this year', becoming the norm now. :lol:
Top four was never a trophy—especially when you’ve gone 8 years without one—but it was important.

Not really sure why is was so important considering we made **** all progress while we were being humiliated in the CL every year... winning nothing and only actually got worse. I think you’re the one that needs a reality check.

A recent success under a rookie manager seems to have got you spitting feathers :rofl:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
When Arsène was here everyone was quick to point out all his flaws and what he's doing wrong, ever since he left so many people have become statisticians to show how things aren't that bad even though we're worse than before :lol:

I was Arsène out at the end, it was hard not to be with the influence. But I can admit now that I was wrong and it's only gotten worse since he left, some people are too arrogant to admit that so just bullsh*t their way into feeling justified.
I don’t know how you can come to that conclusion when we were getting worse at the rate we were. It got to the point where I hated football because it got so predictable. I hardly watched any of our games in the end because it was impossible to get excited about them. Ever since Wenger left it came back irrespective of whether we were ****e or decent; hope returned and it’s since been rewarded as far as I’m concerned. What was happening upstairs was always going to happen even if he stayed, so his goose was well and truly cooked.

I can’t remember a more exciting time to be an Arsenal fan since 2004. Why anybody would want to talk about Wenger now or regrets is bewildering. We are still clambering out of the hole he left us in.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don’t know how you can come to that conclusion when we were getting worse at the rate we were. It got to the point where I hated football because it got so predictable. I hardly watched any of our games in the end because it was impossible to get excited about them. Ever since Wenger left it came back irrespective of whether we were ****e or decent; hope returned and it’s since been rewarded as far as I’m concerned. What was happening upstairs was always going to happen even if he stayed, so his goose was well and truly cooked.

I can’t remember a more exciting time to be an Arsenal fan since 2004. Why anybody would want to talk about Wenger now or regrets is bewildering. We are still clambering out of the whole he left us in.
Wenger's replacement not being suitable for the job is somehow being used to say we shouldn't have sacked Wenger.

Such a poor argument. Would sacking Wenger have been a mistake if we hired Klopp/Guardiola instead of Emery?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Top 4 is a 'trophy' now because there are teams around us desperate to use that additional CL revenue to try and win stuff. Liverpool and Sp**s were non-factors during those days and now are, hence the competition has ramped up. The big four is now the big six.

We used to get CL football almost by default. Two sleeping giants woke up and quality managers joined the league and Wenger was found wanting at pretty much the first time of asking. Not trying to drag the man but it is what it is. We literally haven't finished in the top four since Klopp had his first full season and before you say squad cost, he pipped us to fourth pre Van Dijk era then used that CL money to actually get better. Something we never seemed to do.

It's a bit shameless what you're doing.

Last edited:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Top 4 is a 'trophy' now because there are teams around us desperate to use that additional CL revenue to try and win stuff. Liverpool and Sp**s were non-factors during those days and now are, hence the competition has ramped up. The big four is now the big six.

We used to get CL football almost by default. Two sleeping giants woke up and quality managers joined the league and Wenger was found wanting at pretty much the first time of asking. Not trying to drag the man but it is what it is. We literally haven't finished in the top four since Klopp had his first full season and before you say squad cost, he pipped us to fourth pre Van Dijk era then used that CL money to actually get better. Something we never seemed to do.

Thank **** for the ignore list. He's your problem now, Trills.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger's replacement not being suitable for the job is somehow being used to say we shouldn't have sacked Wenger.

Such a poor argument. Would sacking Wenger have been a mistake if we hired Klopp/Guardiola instead of Emery?
They cried when people mentioned Wenger when Emery had us 20 odd unbeaten. Then when that went to ****, it was fine to talk about Wenger again... Now we’re seemingly on the up with players staying, players arriving and off the back of a huge FA cup triumph, it’s all too much again, so let’s just concentrate on the detail that we finished two places below Wengers worst position of 6th, but won an FA cup and with a inferior team :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Totally one-eyed and disingenuous. Problem with replying to posts like that is you run the risk of making yourself look like a Wenger hater. That’s what happens when you’ve got one side that goes to the extreme.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Totally one-eyed and disingenuous. Problem with replying to posts like that is you run the risk of making yourself look like a Wenger hater. That’s what happens when you’ve got one side that goes to the extreme.
I’m definitely not a Wenger hater no matter how they try to spin it. He just declined like every manager does/will do. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Last edited:

GoonerJay24

I can’t remember a more exciting time to be an Arsenal fan since 2004. Why anybody would want to talk about Wenger now or regrets is bewildering. We are still clambering out of the whole he left us in.

We weren't getting worse just the media agenda against Arsenal influencing fans

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We weren't getting worse just the media agenda against Arsenal influencing fans
We weren’t getting worse under Wenger? It’s universally acknowledged that we were—even by his die hards wouldn’t argue. Would we have continued to get even worse? That’s a question nobody knows the answer to and you’re welcome to say that you think he would have dragged us back up again. But it really did all point to a pretty terminal decline.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom