• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
20m is great business. Yes he showed great form but it’s lasted for a stretch of 15 games played with no fans.

Of course the ****** here will argue that this small sample size outweighs all of Leno’s contributions for 2 seasons but in reality it doesn’t.

Leno is deservedly number 1 and this frees up much needed capital in the squad for investment. 20m for a player with less than 20 top flight games under his belt, at 28 years old, is unbelievable business.

I’ll wish him well as he’s an arsenal boy and very likeable but it’s time to cash in.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Emi Martinez is worth 10 to 12m and Bournemouth sold Ramsdale for 20m.

o_O

Ramsdale is much younger, loads of room to improve and flog for twice that sum in the future. Smart bizniz by Sheffield United, as per.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta is head of transfers with Edu now, if he wants to sell Martinez and pick up Raya then he'll do it and he wants it.

I don't think that'll be the case though but this is a different Arsenal than it was with Raul/Emery.

The other way can work, and it does at places like Dortmund, but this way is more suitable for us.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Some people are massively underrating Leno on here. Probably our best player last season up till his injury.

Not like we'd be going into the season with Vince Bartram as our Number 1 if we sold Martinez.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If we sell the replacement can’t be 10m+, that’s just stupid..

Wanted him to be first choice this season, oh well.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ramsdale is much younger, loads of room to improve and flog for twice that sum in the future. Smart bizniz by Sheffield United, as per.

Not sure I agree with that. Age is slightly overrated when it comes to keepers, I’d be more interested in quality plus experience. Emi Martinez is twice the keeper of Ramsdale or Pickford.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is 20million for a keeper with 15odd games under his belt at the top level, with 2 years left on their contract such a bad deal?

Emi's done really well, but in the eyes of other clubs there still is an element of risk. People expecting other clubs to pay 30odd million for him need a reality check.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Emi Martinez is worth 10 to 12m and Bournemouth sold Ramsdale for 20m.

o_O

ffs! Ramsdale is 22 and English. And of course, Sheffield was so stupid to buy him with this price. But believe it or not, Aston Villa is also stupid to pay 20m for someone who is 28 and does not play regular football for a while!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t forget Martinez had a great loan at Reading too. He’s not some 6 month wonder that people are making out.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
ffs! Ramsdale is 22 and English. And of course, Sheffield was so stupid to buy him with this price. But believe it or not, Aston Villa is also stupid to pay 20m for someone who is 28 and does not play regular football for a while!
Martinez counts as a homegrown player as well

Iceman10

Established Member
Why are people crying ffs?
You can't have two quality players in one position especially for a club like us.
No one, I mean absolutely no one will pay that amount of money on most of our bums.

We're selling one of the most valuable players in our squad to raise funds so as to fix our midfield. But I guess you can't please everyone.

I imagine if Coutinho was an arsenal player, AM would have lost their **** when he was sold to Barca
:lol:

Clubs make difficult decisions all the time. Özil was sold to help fund the Bale transfer. Sneijder and robben were sold to help fund the Ronaldo transfer.

Most folks at A-M are fine with selling Bellerin, so it isn’t quite right to assume they don’t have this in their calculus already. This battle for #1 at the club ideally requires another half-season to play out. Personally I’m actually not that convinced re: Leno. I’m not 100% assured regarding Emi either just quite yet, just want a little more time to see.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’m surprised Chelsea aren’t interested in Emi Martinez.

They spunked 70m on Kepa, so they could easily pay 20m+ for him.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Not sure I agree with that. Age is slightly overrated when it comes to keepers, I’d be more interested in quality plus experience. Emi Martinez is twice the keeper of Ramsdale or Pickford.

Do WE know that? Im not too sure one should be so quick to say that this is Emis new regular level. Seen too many purple patches. Flamini even had one

GDeep™

League is very weak
Martinez had a great loan at Reading. His reputation in English football is very very high atm.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The point is that a younger player will keep his value and can play for many more years if not sold.

Ramsdale is 22,5 years old and represented England at every youth level. He already has twice the top league level games than Martinez.

Surely it is not hard to understand his value. It's worth noting that his team relegated so his price was actually more of a bargain one, because relegated teams usually have to sell for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom