• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
We should offer them Leno instead. Can’t be dropping Emi after his recent performances. Makes no sense. Feel much more comfortable with him between the sticks. Catches the ball for fun. Sick of seeing Leno flap at every cross. I like Leno btw but Emi is just the superior keeper.

FluffyDoozi

20 million is far from a bad deal for a 28 year old with so few games. Not like there's a queue of teams lining up to get him. Just reminds me of Joel Campbell when he hit that purple patch and we turned down decent money from Sporting Lisbon I think. Or Chambers a few seasons ago, El Neny wanted by Leicester and we turned them down and gave him a new deal. Gibbs as well before we sold him at a lower fee to West Brom.

We need to be a lot more ruthless with our sales considering that Stan is never going to invest in the team.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I’m surprised Chelsea aren’t interested in Emi Martinez.

They spunked 70m on Kepa, so they could easily pay 20m+ for him.

A rival would have to pay much more than Villa. Also not sure Martinez would go to battle with Kepa, or otherwise to a London rival.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Martinez was at fault for Brighton's winner on June 20, so his good period was from June 25 to August 1. Just over five weeks and people are anointing him. Even then, he still could've cost the team the FA Cup with that handball outside the box. Never seen a change of opinion like this in such a short space of time.

drippin

Martinez was at fault for Brighton's winner on June 20, so his good period was from June 25 to August 1. Just over five weeks and people are anointing him. Even then, he still could've cost the team the FA Cup with that handball outside the box. Never seen a change of opinion like this in such a short space of time.

Yeah, let's sell our ~300 top league level goalie who has been very good for a long time. Who is basically the same age.

After that we can live in the hope that our ~20 top league level goalie will continue at the same level and can keep confidence for example after a plunder.

Reactions: A_G

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The point is that a younger player will keep his value and can play for many more years if not sold.

Ramsdale is 22,5 years old and represented England at every youth level. He already has twice the top league level games than Martinez.

Surely it is not hard to understand his value. It's worth noting that his team relegated so his price was actually more of a bargain one, because relegated teams usually have to sell for cheap.

Not necessarily, look at that shambles of a transfer that Chelsea done with Kepa they spent 70m on him and now they’re stuck with a bum.

27 or 28 is the perfect age for a goalkeeper, I’m sure if the likes of Oblak and Alisson were available now they’d command a much higher fee than a younger keeper.

It’s a myth signing players to hold down a position for 10 years or so. There are no guarantees within that 10 years, just look at Chelsea/Kepa as a prime example.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

A rival would have to pay much more than Villa. Also not sure Martinez would go to battle with Kepa, or otherwise to a London rival.

Battle with Kepa?

:rofl:

I’ve heard it all now. He’d be more worried about Caballero than Kepa.

drippin

Not necessarily, look at that shambles of a transfer that Chelsea done with Kepa they spent 70m on him and now they’re stuck with a bum.

27 or 28 is the perfect age for a goalkeeper, I’m sure if the likes of Oblak and Alisson were available now they’d command a much higher fee than a younger keeper.

It’s a myth signing players to hold down a position for 10 years or so. There are no guarantees within that 10 years, just look at Chelsea/Kepa as a prime example.

Of course the goalkeepers who have been top 5 in the world for a long time will command biggest fees.

You can't compare Martinez to those, he has ~20 top level league games.

I'm sure you understand why young players with good experience will command high fees. I'm not talking about any myths.

drippin

Battle with Kepa?

:rofl:

I’ve heard it all now. He’d be more worried about Caballero than Kepa.

You missed the point again. He would not be guaranteed 1st there either.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You missed the point again. He would not be guaranteed 1st there either.

So are you suggesting that Emi Martinez isn’t better than Kepa or Caballero?

Kepa and Caballero are both awful keepers.

drippin

So are you suggesting that Emi Martinez isn’t better than Kepa or Caballero?

Kepa and Caballero are both awful keepers.

No, that's your imagination. I'm clearly saying that he wants to be 1st choice keeper after being 2nd choice for so long.

So I would assume he wants a team where he is guaranteed it, but of course we can't know.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

No, that's your imagination. I'm clearly saying that he wants to be 1st choice keeper after being 2nd choice for so long.

So I would assume he wants a team where he is guaranteed it, but of course we can't know.

Emi Martinez walks into that Chelsea starting eleven. I’m sure of it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I can't really remember too many errors from Leno at Arsenal tbf, only one that jumps out at me is the one to Chelsea.

Bernd is a good keeper too.

drippin

Emi Martinez walks into that Chelsea starting eleven. I’m sure of it.

Well it looks like they're buying Edouard Mendy from Ligue 1, with 2 years of top league level experience. 28 years old too.

You asked why Chelsea is not mentioned in regards to Martinez and I gave you some possible reasons. Currently it looks like he is not walking there.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Torn on this as Emi has probably been the best keeper in the league since after the Brighton game & yet you cant help but wonder whether this is just a purple patch. Leno seems largely forgotten which is criminal seeing as he single handedly saved us from being embarrassed more than I feel comfortable remembering.

20 million is great If we can use it on one of our top targets but thats a big ‘If’ for me, wouldn’t be surprised to see us sell and then not sign anyone which would weaken us significantly.

Think Id keep Emi, give him a decent contract & let him & Leno battle it out. Leno is still young & there’s plenty of games for them to share + competition is only good really.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I can't really remember too many errors from Leno at Arsenal tbf, only one that jumps out at me is the one to Chelsea.

Bernd is a good keeper too.

It's not like he's a calamity. But he's worse in the air and that invites pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom