• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Well it looks like they're buying Edouard Mendy from Ligue 1, with 2 years of top league level experience. 28 years old too.

You asked why Chelsea is not mentioned in regards to Martinez and I gave you some possible reasons. Currently it looks like he is not walking there.

I haven’t seen much of Edouard Mendy but the PL is tough, we’ll see if he can handle the physicality of it.

And he would still walk into their starting eleven if they signed him but I don’t think we’d sell to Chelsea.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I can't really remember too many errors from Leno at Arsenal tbf, only one that jumps out at me is the one to Chelsea.

Bernd is a good keeper too.

I remember another one against Southampton off the top of my head.

I think Charlie Austin scored.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I haven’t seen much of Edouard Mendy but the PL is tough, we’ll see if he can handle the physicality of it.

And he would still walk into their starting eleven if they signed him but I don’t think we’d sell to Chelsea.
We must have a decent business relationship with them seeing as they seem to flog their pensioners to us every year. 30million and you’d have to say yes imo

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Emi doesn't play against Fulham then I think he will leave, keeping my hopes up that he will stay until I see our team news on Saturday.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, remember that one...2 bad ones in 2 seasons isn't that bad really.

All keepers make some errors though, Lehmann had some rickets in his time here, was still a very good keeper.

Leno isn't heart in your mouth Almunia bad, prefer Emi but Bernd is good too.

Is this real?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Someone tell Arsenal there like many GK out there can be backup :lol:

Clearly we want someone adept at playing out from the back and operating as a sweeper keeper. So that narrows it down a lot. Then you want someone both good enough at filling in when needed but also content with the fact he'll be number 2. Which again narrows it down massively.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Agree about Raya also he knows our GK coach and improved alot under him. but i really don't know why Brentford asking 20M for him it's too much and we aren't going to spend that for backup.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You haven't watched De gea or Kepa? i mean even Allison make mistakes they are human after all.

Wouldn't want either starting here. Alisson is more of a fair comparison but the fact that Leno was leading in this regard is a bit worrying. Tho I think last season he made a lot less mistakes than the previous one and perhaps you give him some leeway because he was adapting to a new league. One thing is for sure tho Leno does take a lot of risks with some of things he does. It's a double edged sword because it's also why you want a keeper like him because he's so good at sweeping up.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Allison has 4 errors in the same amount of time and has been playing behind the best defense in the league and faced about 30% fewer shots. Is he **** as well?

Nobody is saying they’re ****.

Someone mentioned the mistakes Emi Martinez made this season but failed to highlight Leno’s mistakes.

You can’t highlight the mistakes for one goalkeeper and hide the other ones weaknesses/mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom