• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Anyone with a bit of football knowledge could see that he wasn't doing enough on the ball to be able to withhold whatever form he was showing. Once Cazorla went to ground, he was finished here.

"Football knowledge" eh...all I know is when my boy was our main DM we never finished outside the top four, when your Swiss DM arrived we never finished in the top four...

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
"Football knowledge" eh...all I know is when my boy was our main DM we never finished outside the top four, when your Swiss DM arrived we never finished in the top four...

When both were at the club, Xhaka was beating the likes of Chelsea and City in the FA Cup final whilst Coquelin was warming the bench. One is still here winning, the other has joined your boy Emery in a nothing club in Spain. Now piss off with your nostalgic nonsense, this is the Martinez thread.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
When both were at the club, Xhaka was beating the likes of Chelsea and City in the FA Cup final whilst Coquelin was warming the bench. One is still here winning, the other has joined your boy in a nothing club in Spain joining that criminal Emery. Now piss off with your nostalgic nonsense, this is the Martinez thread.

Emery should be tried for crimes against football. He’s an absolute **** squad favourite here though.

Riou

You feel Emi wants to take advantage of the form he has shown over the last 6 or so months, and after being a back-up all his career use it to establish himself as a number 1 somewhere finally...which is understandable really.

Villa seems like a bit of a waste though, no disrespect to them.

Furious

Look as I said, the whole difference I see between the two is consistency. I’m yet to see Emi have a full season. That’s why I’d rather keep both and decide which is what I think we’ll do.

That being said, if 20M can get us Partey then I’d do it.

Because he has shown it for so little time and has 2 years left in contract. He needs to extend his contract in some way.

I see your points and consider them valid. Obviously the club has a tough choice to make here, not pretending otherwise.

Still, after what we've seen from Martinez, I would be sad to see him go, and think it's worth discussing whether we should keep him instead despite whatever choice Arteta makes in the end.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I see your points and consider them valid. Obviously the club has a tough choice to make here, not pretending otherwise.

Still, after what we've seen from Martinez, I would be sad to see him go, and think it's worth discussing whether we should keep him instead despite whatever choice Arteta makes in the end.

It's worth discussing as long as one realizes that Martinez is the one who makes a decision too.

Does he extend in some way that fits everyone, or force us to sell him. If he doesn't, no need to praise his loyalty too much.

Furious

Was half joking/half defending my boy...but tbf, Coq left us to join Valencia, got Champions League with them and beat Barca to win the Spanish Cup...Francis was a good player for us, Arsène trying to turn him into a box to box player from 2017 ruined him here.

My main point though, Emi had a similar run to Coq and you weren't bothered to see the latter go...maybe see what Mikel has got planned here, whatever happens...this could just be a purple patch for Emi for all we know.

Because he was complete and utter sh!t by the time he left. It's a terrible example.

Martinez is at his best ever, most of us had no idea he'd be this good. Naturally people are saddened by the possibility of losing him after his great contributions to winning trophies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
After having a think about it, I think you reluctantly let Emi go.

We need to raise funds and we have a limited amount of back up players we can sell for a decent fee. We also have an excellent goalkeeper in Leno.

We're basically making £20m on the back of a 3-4 month spell. If Leno didn't get injured we'd be lucky to get £5m for Emi.

I love Emi's mentality and I've a lot of respect for him getting where he has in football from the background / poverty he came from.
If it's the end of his career here he's going out with his last game being an FA Cup Final triumph, can't ask for more than that.

Riou

If it's the end of his career here he's going out with his last game being an FA Cup Final triumph, can't ask for more than that.

He had one more game and one more trophy to win after that though...

IMG_20200829_152837.jpg

Finesse

Where do you get that he would extend? Hasn't thus far and the club wants to sell players with 2 years in contract if they don't renew.

I'd like that too, but hard to see it happening when he wants to be a #1 at this point of his career.

Where do you get that he would not extend? He wants to be number one and who does not want to be? Has he earned the right to stay in the team based on his performances on a consistent level? If you go around selling players because in an interview they said they want to be playing then you will end up with no player.

Leno is just back from an injury. Any occurrence and we are exposed again. We have back to back games and in all competitions. We need to keep our best keepers. Simple. Increase his contract and let them earn their spots.

Riou

What about the legendary trio of Almunia/Fabianski/Mannone?

Most Arsenal fans would say this is the worst of the worst, and they would be right.

But there is one crazy maverick on here that genuinely believes that the guy in the middle of the three you listed, is the best goalkeeper in the league now.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Most Arsenal fans would say this is the worst of the worst, and they would be right.

But there is one crazy maverick on here that genuinely believes that the guy in the middle of the three you listed, is the best goalkeeper in the league now.

Oh I know of him.

Tbh Fab and Mannone improved leaps and bounds once they left Arsenal just like Woj. Seems like our Goalkeeping coach was the bottom of the barrel and you know Arsène never cared about Goalkeepers or CBs. I think Almunia was the worst of the lot.

Riou

What about the legendary trio of Almunia/Fabianski/Mannone?

Being serious though, hilarious that Arsène looked at this and was like... "Nah, goalkeepers are fine, what Arsenal need is a new tiny number 10!"

The contrast between our defence and attack during certain seasons at the Emirates is so weird.

You had Cesc and Robin, two league winning caliber players...with the likes of Almunia and Djourou also starting, who were relegation level players in the top flight ffs :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom