• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Always found that a bizarre comment from Big Wengz, he was at his best when Dein was basically doing that for Arsenal.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Always found that a bizarre comment from Big Wengz, he was at his best when Dein was basically doing that for Arsenal.

Dein wasn't director of football. Wenger's point is if hes manager he knows what his team needs and will make the decisions about who we got. Not like some places where the manager just says 'we need someone with pace on the wings'

Riou

Dein wasn't director of football. Wenger's point is if hes manager he knows what his team needs and will make the decisions about who we got. Not like some places where the manager just says 'we need someone with pace on the wings'

What was Dein's job?

Arsène asked for the players, Dein was the one who got the deals finalized...suppose Wenger had more of a say in our recruitment than the manager under Raul did though as you say.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What was Dein's job?

Arsène asked for the players, Dein was the one who got the deals finalized...suppose Wenger had more of a say in our recruitment than the manager under Raul did though as you say.

Yeah Dein got deals done and was the decisive edge Wenger lacked I think. He rounded fees up to get deals done whereas Wenger always wanted to round down.

Riou

Yeah Dein got deals done and was the decisive edge Wenger lacked I think. He rounded fees up to get deals done whereas Wenger always wanted to round down.

Think Arsène and Raul would have been good together...Arsène identifies the talent, Raul would have the "know how" to get the deals done no questions asked...if they could agree to work together on those terms of course.

Wenger wouldn't have been happy with Raul using a cut of the money for himself though :lol:

Last edited:

Keplaz

Think Arsène and Raul would have been good together...Arsène identifies the talent, Raul would have the "know how" to get the deals done no questions asked...if they could agree to work together on those terms of course.

Wenger wouldn't have been happy with Raul using a cut of the money for himself though :lol:
Wenger wouldn't have worked with Raul. Their philosophies seem too different. Wenger wouldn't have gone to bed with football agents the way Raul did. Different views on signing players.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I always prefered the Wenger - Dean model over what Gazidis had implemented.
I still have my doubts over Edu's competence but we will know more in a few years, he needs time to show changes to scouting system were right and he has the same ability to attract players like Dean.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I like Arteta but don‘t agree with this move.

In all the big clubs it works better when the coach is focused on the coaching, rather than signings, how much they cost, how much money we have etc...

Absurd that we went back to the previous structure that failed even under the greatest manager we ever had.

Manberg

Predator
I like it, always wanted Arteta to have more control. Under Raul there were differences of opinion and a lack of a unified approach, the reports of AMN being sold against Arteta’s wishes pretty much verified this. Arteta is ambitious and worthy of that trust. Edu has so far delivered with Gabriel but I’m expecting a lot more. I always thought that the people making the decisions need to be football people rather than business people like Gazidis. I’m also a believer that a team needs to be built around a manager’s vision, and the manager needs to get the players he wants without obstacles in the way.
So... yeah, I’m happy with this news.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

In all the big clubs it works better when the coach is focused on the coaching, rather than signings, how much they cost, how much money we have etc...

Absurd that we went back to the previous structure that failed even under the greatest manager we ever had.

It never failed to begin with, it actually carried us for long periods of time because if you actually have an elite manager, which almost no one does, then he exactly knows what's needed and who would fit the bill.

Separating those two elements is actually aweful, you only do that, if you don't trust your manager and switch him every 1-2 years.

Wenger never failed, he fought the odds of time like no one before and he even did so with banter finances. He would probably still be manager, if he ever got a refresher like Chelsea this year being backed with money.

You could say Wenger wasn't as superior as before because others have catched up with young spirits and thoughts, but he was still good, just not overachieving anymore since competition became surreal.

Ffs, even Klopp, the best coach on the planet "failed" at Dortmund and got sacked there after a few years. Doing what Wenger did is unmatched

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I don't want Arteta hashing out salaries and transfer fees ffs. I agree that he should be selecting the players he wants from a list of some sorts but I don't want him in negotiations. Not sure why so many people are welcoming this!

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom